• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Jam's Trey Smith "We're trying to throw it all in there" (360/PS3)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
lobdale said:
What a bunch of shit. Better not be more than $20 at retail and I'll expect a digital release you poops!

Aren't they trying to include all of the material in the HD versions? I swear the producer said that.

Xater

Now I jsut want to know when the thing is coming out. From the video it seems like the HD version including the Remix stuff was already donw, they just wanted to jickle and dime us for it. They probably just have to press all of it on one disc.

Jas said:
Apparently the codes that came with NBA Elite for NBA Jam still work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPv0OfT_UO0

The video shows off the menu and rosters for the teams on the PS3 version. Looks like they were going to sell the modes that were missing as DLC. He said he would post gameplay videos later on.

Fucking ridiculous how much of a cock-up this is. The game wasn't canceled until a week before release, when was EA supposed to let everyone know that the remix tour was DLC in the XBLA/PSN versions? :lol

So if I found a code, would I get banned from LIVE for downloading this game?

Plinko said:
Aren't they trying to include all of the material in the HD versions? I swear the producer said that.

Watch the video, it's grayed out (Remix Tour, Remix Modes, Boss Battles) in the main menu of the PSN version, with a prompt at the bottom to "purchase new content". Depending on how much EA charged for individual modes, it would have been $5-$15 more to get the "free" HD versions up to par with the Wii version.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Fucking ridiculous how much of a cock-up this is. The game wasn't canceled until a week before release, when was EA supposed to let everyone know that the remix tour was DLC in the XBLA/PSN versions? :lol

So if I found a code, would I get banned from LIVE for downloading this game?

Watch the video, it's grayed out (Remix Tour, Remix Modes, Boss Battles) in the main menu of the PSN version, with a prompt at the bottom to "purchase new content". Depending on how much EA charged for individual modes, it would have been $5-$15 more to get the "free" HD versions up to par with the Wii version.
You had to pay $60 for it in the first place. Most people who would have bought Elite would only be buying it for Jam anyway, so it would have been $65-80 to get the full Jam experience if they didn't put the kibosh on Elite.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
People expecting this to cost $20 are out of their minds. It's a full price game on the Wii, and it sounds like it's definitely worth it. I'll pay $50-60 to play this online. Hopefully it supports joysticks!

vg260

infinityBCRT said:
You had to pay $60 for it in the first place. Most people who would have bought Elite would only be buying it for Jam anyway, so it would have been $65-80 to get the full Jam experience if they didn't put the kibosh on Elite.

Sure, but many people were going to trade in Elite, getting at least $20-30 back.

Top Bottom