• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Why would you even ask this lol. She just hired Magic to run the Lakers earlier this year and Jeanie and Phil broke up.

It's more likely that the NBA throws out Adam Silver and replaces him with Phil Jackson than for Phil to ever step foot in the Lakers front office again. No chance in hell.
Jeanie needs that zenmaster cock again

Kickz

That Phil news to start the day..

giphy.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Harden probably doesn't want to deal with 37 minutes a night with the entire offense running through him again for the entire season. Can't blame him for wanting to play next to CP3. I don't think it makes them a better team in the regular season but makes them more equipped to make a run in the playoffs.

If Phil does get canned which it looks like might just happen I can see them making a strong play for Chris Paul and look to keep Melo. Something to keep an eye on.

Cornbread78

Yeah I think Harden is a better PG than he is an SG. I think he lands in San Antonio.

Every time time CP3's name gets brought up I have to chuckle. If that fool takes money from any other team and not his Super-Max contract with the Clippers, there will be hell to pay with the NBAPA... As the player rep, he has to thread lightly with his own contracts as players will look to him to get the most money possible...

😂 the Porzingas trade rumors worked. Phil going to get fired and paid for nothing. All according to plan.

Well, everyone was saying he was acting like her was trying to get fired, so you're probably not wrong here, lol.

Harden probably doesn't want to deal with 37 minutes a night with the entire offense running through him again for the entire season. Can't blame him for wanting to play next to CP3. I don't think it makes them a better team in the regular season but makes them more equipped to make a run in the playoffs.

A more rested harden and the ability to run almost 2 dynamically different offenses should help a great deal come playoff time. I wouldn't mind seeing some progress from our young players as well.

theWB27

CP3 doesn't do that for you. He's never shown he can get you to the chip regardless of what he's had around him.

I don't dislike the draft pick but was trying to get rid of melo really the straw that broke the camels back? Shit makes no sense.

Oh well I'm going to hope for someone completly out of left field so maybe they'll do the opposite and get someone good.

Eh, pretty sure it was the Porzingis stuff that tipped the balance. Hinkie and Griffin are available ... but it's the Knicks so they'll probably get Isaiah Thomas again after Masai tells them to fuck off.

Vahagn

Well, there it is.

I anxiously await the next HOFer to come in, trade away future draft picks and assets to bring back old busted players just for the fans to be outraged.

Or to be smart and hold on to future draft picks and for the fans to still be outraged.

Dumbass knick fan misery feeds my soul.

Moving away from triangle probably means Hernangomez and Ntilikina are gone soon as well. Melo + Porzingis and a bunch of non-needle moving veterans chucking 3's (Melo and porZingis already shoot 11 a game combined) and playing no defense is gonna be fun.

charsace

Well, there it is.

I anxiously await the next HOFer to come in, trade away future draft picks and assets to bring back old busted players just for the fans to be outraged.

Or to be smart and hold on to future draft picks and for the fans to still be outraged.

Dumbass knick fan misery feeds my soul.

Moving away from triangle probably means Hernangomez and Ntilikina are gone soon as well.
I don't understand why Knicks fans are dumbasses in your opinion when it's Dolan that's the problem? Knicks fans are dumbasses for supporting the team?

Why would the Knicks be trading away good young prospects because of a regime change?

I don't dislike the draft pick but was trying to get rid of melo really the straw that broke the camels back? Shit makes no sense.

Oh well I'm going to hope for someone completly out of left field so maybe they'll do the opposite and get someone good.

Phil probably pushed for a buy out, and Dolan wasnt having it. Unless, Phil was promised to have complete control and Dolan wouldn't agree to this.

Vahagn

I don't understand why Knicks fans are dumbasses in your opinion when it's Dolan that's the problem? Knicks fans are dumbasses for supporting the team?

Knicks fans are the worst fans in sports. By far. I'd rather a Miami heat fan that shows up to a finals game 45 minutes late than Knicks fans who's absurd Jekyll and Hyde personality has them chasing away HOF GM's and coaches year after year after year.

Why would the Knicks be trading away good young prospects because of a regime change?

Because until Phil you guys not only traded away good young prospects but you also traded away all your draft picks too. The kind of idiot fans that want to boycott the team and want Phil fired after he tanks and drafts porzingis and Willy are the kind of idiot fans that want hernangomez and ntilikina to be traded for "past his prime big name player Y".

charsace

Knicks fans are the worst fans in sports. By far. I'd rather a Miami heat fan that shows up to a finals game 45 minutes late than Knicks fans who's absurd Jekyll and Hyde personality has them chasing away HOF GM's and coaches year after year after year.
Knicks fans have nothing to do with Dolan's decisions. That's like saying Lakers fans fired D'Antoni, hired Byron Scott, or traded Russell for cap space.

I don't think all Lakers fans are irrational idiots just because you seem to be one.

Vahagn

Knicks fans have nothing to do with Dolan's decisions. That's like saying Lakers fans fired D'Antoni, hired Byron Scott, or traded Russell for cap space.

I don't think all Lakers fans are irrational idiots just because you seem to be one.

That's absurd. Knicks fans are the most impatient and complaining fans in all of sports. You're all still moaning over a Tyson Chandler trade when Boogie and Jimmy Butler got traded for peanuts and a washing machine.

Laker fans wanted dantoni gone. They wanted scott gone.

Whereas you guys have wanted Phil, dantoni, Larry brown, and countless others gone too.

Dolan is a fuckup but he actually hires HOFers as GM's. Jim Buss appointed himself.

If Lakers fans were Knicks fans - they would have turned on Luke Walton already, they would have wanted to trade every draft pick for any big name that came up, they would have called for boycotts after every move we don't like.

Here's the key difference. Lakers have gone through 2 GM's in like 30 years. Knicks have gone through like 5 or 6 in just the last decade. If you think dolan doesn't want to hire a guy and let them do their jobs so he can play music, you're kidding yourself. It's the incessant whining and complaining by the fans that causes him to make panic decisions and assert himself.

Vahagn

HOF GM tanks for one year and drafts what turns out to be TWO All NBA Rookie First team building blocks.

Fans react by incessantly demanding he's fired because "we had a 17 win season".

Then you wonder why Knicks have gone through 6 GM's this century alone and are a rudderless/aimless ship.

If Heat Fans were Knicks Fans Pat Riley would have been fired for trading away Shaq for Shawn Marion.

Vahagn

The Knicks never tried to tank, at any point. He just sucked at building a competitive team to the point where it looked like a tank.

That's absurd. When Melo went down and Phil traded away half his starters? Ya that's called tanking. Year one was definitely tanking once it became clear Melo wasn't gonna be able to last.

Year 2 and 3 he signed a bunch of quality starters like RoLo, Afflalo, LT, Lee, Rose and they started out solid for the first couple months then fell off.

In the process he acquired draft picks and drafted well while keeping the long term financial picture of the team relatively stable.

Sanjuro

That's absurd. Knicks fans are the most impatient and complaining fans in all of sports. You're all still moaning over a Tyson Chandler trade when Boogie and Jimmy Butler got traded for peanuts and a washing machine.

Laker fans wanted dantoni gone. They wanted scott gone.

Whereas you guys have wanted Phil, dantoni, Larry brown, and countless others gone too.

Dolan is a fuckup but he actually hires HOFers as GM's. Jim Buss appointed himself.

If Lakers fans were Knicks fans - they would have turned on Luke Walton already, they would have wanted to trade every draft pick for any big name that came up, they would have called for boycotts after every move we don't like.

Here's the key difference. Lakers have gone through 2 GM's in like 30 years. Knicks have gone through like 5 or 6 in just the last decade. If you think dolan doesn't want to hire a guy and let them do their jobs so he can play music, you're kidding yourself. It's the incessant whining and complaining by the fans that causes him to make panic decisions and assert himself.

Maybe. Luke hasn't come out like a complete buffoon though.

How about that hot take?

Knicks suck because the fans suck and the Lakers are good (are they?) because the fans are good.

Steaming hot.

Knicks fans are more active for sure.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's absurd. When Melo went down and Phil traded away half his starters? Ya that's called tanking.

Thought you were referencing his first year where they won 17 games where he completely blew up a pretty decent roster and made it trash, giving up 1st round picks to do so in the process. Usually if you're going to tank you start the rebuild in the 1st year. He made some good draft picks but his entire time there gave zero reason to think he could turn it around for the long haul. Knicks made a huge mistake hiring him in the first place so I guess its refreshing Dolan finally realized he made a huge mistake.

Vahagn

Thought you were referencing his first year where they won 17 games where he completely blew up a pretty decent roster and made it trash, giving up 1st round picks to do so in the process. Usually if you're going to tank you start the rebuild in the 1st year. He made some good draft picks but his entire time there gave zero reason to think he could turn it around for the long haul. Knicks made a huge mistake hiring him in the first place so I guess its refreshing Dolan finally realized he made a huge mistake.

I was, that's what happened. And Phil never traded a first round pick, ever.

Lol. Your memory is trash. He kept the same team except Chandler. That team won like 5 for their first 30 so he traded away Shump and Smith and shelved Melo. Hence, tanking.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Melo extension with the no trade clause was also the dumbest shit imaginable.

I don't blame Knicks fans for having zero patience left. Having 1 playoff series win since 1999 will do that to a fanbase.

Vahagn

How about that hot take?

Knicks suck because the fans suck and the Lakers are good (are they?) because the fans are good.

Steaming hot.

Knicks suck because fans/NY medja are impatient incessant complainers. You guys gave yet another HOFer 1 year before the non-stop calls to fire him came. It's almost as if you can't build a solid team when te fans are clamoring for a change in coaching or the FO every other year?

The Melo extension with the no trade clause was also the dumbest shit imaginable.

I don't blame Knicks fans for having zero patience left. Having 1 playoff series win since 1999 will do that to a fanbase.

Chicken and egg. Lots of teams haven't won a lot in a long time. They're not clamoring to fire and boycott everyone all the damn time.

They can still salvage things though with Phil gone. Maybe Melo can finally pan out in NY with Porzingas. Personally I would let Derrick Rose walk and make a big play for Chris Paul and maybe JJ Reddick if I were them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Knicks suck because fans/NY medja are impatient incessant complainers. You guys gave yet another HOFer 1 year before the non-stop calls to fire him came. It's almost as if you can't build a solid team when te fans are clamoring for a change in coaching or the FO every other year?

He was a HOFer because he coached fucking Jordan and Shaq and Kobe. Nothing he did as an executive warranted him getting that kind of treatment. All the sideshow shit away from the court also did plenty in getting him fired.

Knicks should just tear it down though. Bring in Hinkie.

Vahagn

Phil was brought on board for the sole job of getting Melo to stay. That was literally his 1st 2nd and 3rd priority that first summer. This is my damn point. Everyone was clamoring for Melo to be re-signed and expected Phil to do it and then turn around and go "stupidest shit ever".

They hate Phil for signing him and would have hated him for losing him. They hate Phil for trying to trade him, and they hate Phil for signing him in the first place.

Jekyll and Hyde.

Chicken and egg. Lots of teams haven't won a lot in a long time. They're not clamoring to fire and boycott everyone all the damn time.
Are you saying that the Knicks have been a well run organization for the past few decades? That Isiah Thomas was a good GM and just needed time? Same with Phil?

I'm not even a Knicks fan but I would be much quicker to say that ineptitude creates 'bad' fans rather than bad fans create ineptitude.

Vahagn

He was a HOFer because he coached fucking Jordan and Shaq and Kobe. Nothing he did as an executive warranted him getting that kind of treatment. All the sideshow shit away from the court also did plenty in getting him fired.

Knicks should just tear it down though. Bring in Hinkie.

He's a fucking GM. He should get at least 5 years. That's how long it takes for GM's to do their job. The fact that he was a HOFer only makes it more pitiful that people were clamoring for him to be fired after year 1.

Vahagn

Are you saying that the Knicks have been a well run organization for the past few decades? That Isiah Thomas was a good GM and just needed time? Same with Phil?

I'm not even a Knicks fan but I would be much quicker to say that ineptitude creates 'bad' fans rather than bad fans create ineptitude.

Chicken and egg. Minnesota hasn't won shit since ever and hasn't been competitive since KG left. Sacramento hasn't been competitive since 2003. Cleveland as an entire fucking town hasn't won shit in 40 years. Stop acting as if the Knicks are the only franchise with a long drought. The fans are a special kind of impatient, stupid, and demanding of changes every fucking 2 years.

"How dare you try to trade Melo. Signing him was the stupidest thing ever!"

"I'm tired of the Knicks making short term decisions to sacrifice their future! The season where the Knicks tanked and drafted two all rookie first team players was the worst year for the Knicks".

"We're tired of Dolan Meddling. We want this HOFer running our Basketball Ops with full autonomy gone after a single season!"

Make up your damn minds.

Chicken and egg. Minnesota hasn't won shit since ever and hasn't been competitive since KG left. Sacramento hasn't been competitive since 2003. Cleveland as an entire fucking town hasn't won shit in 40 years. Stop acting as if the Knicks are the only franchise with a long drought. The fans are a special kind of impatient, stupid, and demanding of changes every fucking 2 years.

"How dare you try to trade Melo. Signing him was the stupidest thing ever!"

"I'm tired of the Knicks making short term decisions to sacrifice their future! The season where the Knicks tanked and drafted two all rookie first team players was the worst year for the Knicks".

Make up your damn minds.
You just seem to really hate the Knicks tbh.

Sanjuro

He's a fucking GM. He should get at least 5 years. That's how long it takes for GM's to do their job. The fact that he was a HOFer only makes it more pitiful that people were clamoring for him to be fired after year 1.

He is a GM that decided to go out publicly and shit on their top two talent.

His nickname is also apparently "Zen Master".

Bread

Banned
anyone that really tries to argue "*team* fans are the worst fans on earth!" or anything to that degree has nothing valuable to say

Vahagn

You just seem to really hate the Knicks tbh.

I actually don't care about the Knicks at all. I think the Knicks fans are the worst in basketball though.

How many HOFer's do they have to keep chasing out of town every few years before they step back, stop blaming Dolan, and suggest that they should tone down the threats for boycotts and marches and demands to fire people and just let the FO do their job for 5-10 years?

*whines about knicks fans*

*accuses everyone of being a knicks fan*

*continues to make trash post after trash post*

Not accusing anyone here of being Knicks fans. "Your" is meant to reference Knicks fans in the abstract. Try harder with your pointless posts.

charsace

There isn't an Knicks fans on the planet that wanted Melo re-signed. Fans wanted to let him walk to start a rebuild. Dolan wanted to keep Melo.

Vahagn

There isn't an Knicks fans on the planet that wanted Melo re-signed. Fans wanted to let him walk to start a rebuild. Dolan wanted to keep Melo.

Stephen A, Spike Lee, and countless others disagree with you. those fans that wanted a rebuild were pissed when you only won 17 games and drafted Porzingis. Or were the boos and calls for firing Phil all summer not Knicks fans either?

I actually don't care about the Knicks at all. I think the Knicks fans are the worst in basketball though.

How many HOFer's do they have to keep chasing out of town every few years before they step back, stop blaming Dolan, and suggest that they should tone down the threats for boycotts and marches and demands to fire people and just let the FO do their job for 5-10 years?

Not accusing anyone here of being Knicks fans. "Your" is meant to reference Knicks fans in the abstract. Try harder with your pointless posts.
Okay.

You just really seem to hate Knicks fans* tbh.

Top Bottom