• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

They got Rudy Gay. And they probably didn't want to lock in years in another player. I think SA is in a weird spot. They are still really good but they are probably planning for life after Manu/TP/LMA. The way they shopped LMA and Danny Green makes me think they want to keep cap flexibility open to rebuild around Kawhi sooner than later.

They are supposed to have enough cap space next summer to sign 1, maybe 2 all star caliber players. Next summer is when I think they are going to make some big moves.

As for Simmons, sad to see him go, but he really only shined consistently those last few games in the playoffs, so I am not too worried about seeing him leave.

Is the Lakers plan seriously to sign PG and Lebron as FA? Where does the cap space come from? The have over $30M tied up to Clarkson and Deng, how would that work?

Cheebo

Banned
I started watching the NBA in 2016 and I vaguely remember watching a young Jaylen Brown play in summer league.

Most Celtics fans tend to associate the two key eras of Celtics history as pre-Jaylen Brown and post-Jaylen Brown. You jumped on at a good point.

Celtics history pre-Jaylen isn't really memorable at all. They had this old dude who gives out statues at the end of the NBA Finals but no one is really sure why.

Most Celtics fans tend to associate the two key eras of Celtics history as pre-Jaylen Brown and post-Jaylen Brown. You jumped on at a good point.

Celtics history pre-Jaylen isn't really memorable at all. They had this old dude who gives out statues at the end of the NBA Finals but no one is really sure why.

I have to assume he is Jaylens father.

Dump Clarkson for like a future 2nd to a team with space, and stretch Deng.

Isn't the going rate for a salary dump at least a first?

Bread

Banned
It's pretty awesome being a fan of the Boston Celtics, winner of 17 championship title rings. Hope I get to see them win one someday.

Pelicans meeting with Rondo. Wow what an improvement on a starting lineup if this works out.

Tim Fraizer - Etwaun Moore - Asik - AD - Solomon Hill

to

Rondo - Jrue - Boogie - AD - Solo

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Pelicans meeting with Rondo. Wow what an improvement on a starting lineup if this works out.

Tim Fraizer - Galloway? - AD - Solomon Hill - Etwaun Moore

to

Rondo - Jrue - Boogie - AD - Solo

Rondo/???/Darius Miller/Boogie/Brow

Just need 1 more guy to run out the full kentucky lineup.

TTG

Yes. I used to go to the Detroit summer league games when they used to have them in Detroit in the early 90s with my dad every summer, the lotto picks played. It wasn't on tv back then though I believe.

The first time I recall a players summer league games getting actual coverage on TV was Kobe in 1996.

I once saw Andrew Bynum in summer league in Anaheim, coached by Kurt Rambis who at one point picked up a technical.

I'm reading that the news doesn't necessarily mean the Spurs won't sign Simmons, but that this gives them more room to negotiate, and not be tied down to matching their original offer of 9 million year, perhaps because Simmons isn't getting the interest he thought he would in free agency.

With the Lakers signing a deal with Alex Caruso I guess this means Rondo is out of the picture... damn would've really liked Rondo to mentor Lonzo...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
With the Lakers signing a deal with Alex Caruso I guess this means Rondo is out of the picture... damn would've really liked Rondo to mentor Lonzo...

yeah he could teach him how to pound the air out of the ball in the half court, and not pass the ball unless he's certain it will lead to an assist! Not to mention he could've taught him how to be uncoachable and an asshole.

bionic77

yeah he could teach him how to pound the air out of the ball in the half court, and not pass the ball unless he's certain it will lead to an assist! Not to mention he could've taught him how to be uncoachable and an asshole.
I rarely agree with you but you are 100% right in this instance.

Fuck Rondo and that fat fuck Paul Pierce.

bionic77

Yes, I'd fuck Rondo and Paul "Better than Magic" Pierce at the same too, bionic. Save some for me though!
There is something seriously wrong with you.

Besides Paul would fake an injury in a high stakes moment like that and have to be air lifted to the hospital for a severe case of bitchitis and Rondo is one of the worst teammates of all time so good luck in getting your perverted sexual fantasy to come true.

Bread

Banned
The Lakers should do everything they possibly can to get their pick in the 2-5 range, IMO.

It'd be best for the franchise.

Tall4Life

There is something seriously wrong with you.

Besides Paul would fake an injury in a high stakes moment like that and have to be air lifted to the hospital for a severe case of bitchitis and Rondo is one of the worst teammates of all time so good luck in getting your perverted sexual fantasy to come true.

It's not mine, it's yours. You can't keep living this lie!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Lakers should do everything they possibly can to get their pick in the 2-5 range, IMO.

If the FA plan is to get guys like Lebron, PG etc being the 2nd worst team in the league sure isn't the way to implement said plan.

bionic77

The Ball era has begun.

Laker lottery days are over.

Ball going to average a very healthy 17/7/6 by the end of the season and even more impressively he is going to get all of Breadstream to be wearing the shoes and clothing.

Bread

Banned
If the FA plan is to get guys like Lebron, PG etc being the 2nd worst team in the league sure isn't the way to implement said plan.
That's what the casual eye would see, but look a bit closer and you'll notice that the Lakers should have their pick land in the 2-5 range. It's for the good of the franchise.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The Ball era has begun.

Ball going to average a very healthy 17/7/6 by the end of the season and even more impressively he is going to get all of Breadstream to be wearing the shoes and clothing.

nike going to be begging lavar to do a cross-promotion with bbb on zo's shoe

Bread

Banned
The Ball era has begun.

I'm a business man first and a regular man second, if BBB wanted to sponsor my humble stream I would sleep tucked in with BBB sheets and a BBBBplug.

Top Bottom