• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Boogs31

Knicks, Pistons, lakers, Dallas, Chicago, Pheonix (due to strength of Schedule), Minnesota.

You can't honestly believe some of the stuff you say.

Minnesota? They won 11 more games last year than the Nets AND they added Jimmy Butler, Jeff Teague and Taj Gibson.

The Pistons won 39 games last year despite pretty much everything going wrong (Jackson played hurt all season, Johnson didn't develop at all from his promising rookie season, no one had an above average shooting year). Even if Detroit has a worst case scenario type season (again) and Brooklyn has everything go perfect, the Pistons would still win more games.

Dallas with Carlisle and a healthy Dirk are almost guaranteed 35+ wins (They lost a bunch of games at the beginning of last year while Dirk was injured). And they will most likely have a full season of Noel at center to go along with adding a very promising top ten pick in Smith. Noel, Barnes, and Dirk are all better than anyone on the Nets.

And while I agree any one of the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls or Suns could be worse than Brooklyn, a compelling argument can be made that they'll all be better.

The Lakers added two quality starters in Lopez and KCP. If Ball has a solid rookie year and they get some development from Randall and Ingram, they'll be a better team than the Nets.

The Knicks still have Porzingis, who is miles better than anyone on the Nets.

If Wade stays on the Bulls, him plus Mirotic plus Lopez is still better than any trio the Nets can put out on the floor.

The Suns with Bledsoe on the floor were a much superior team than the Nets last season.

TTG

Whoever China sent back in Klay's place, stop playing, we can spot a fake. C'mon back man, you don't even have to guard Kyrie in the finals anymore. It's gonna be 3 pointers all day.

pislit

lol at putting Deng all the way in the back

v3MSo4w.jpg

Where is peak Jalen Rose Bulls?!?!?!!!?!!

You can't honestly believe some of the stuff you say.

Minnesota? They won 11 more games last year than the Nets AND they added Jimmy Butler, Jeff Teague and Taj Gibson.

The Pistons won 39 games last year despite pretty much everything going wrong (Jackson played hurt all season, Johnson didn't develop at all from his promising rookie season, no one had an above average shooting year). Even if Detroit has a worst case scenario type season (again) and Brooklyn has everything go perfect, the Pistons would still win more games.

Dallas with Carlisle and a healthy Dirk are almost guaranteed 35+ wins (They lost a bunch of games at the beginning of last year while Dirk was injured). And they will most likely have a full season of Noel at center to go along with adding a very promising top ten pick in Smith. Noel, Barnes, and Dirk are all better than anyone on the Nets.

And while I agree any one of the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls or Suns could be worse than Brooklyn, a compelling argument can be made that they'll all be better.

The Lakers added two quality starters in Lopez and KCP. If Ball has a solid rookie year and they get some development from Randall and Ingram, they'll be a better team than the Nets.

The Knicks still have Porzingis, who is miles better than anyone on the Nets.

If Wade stays on the Bulls, him plus Mirotic plus Lopez is still better than any trio the Nets can put out on the floor.

The Suns with Bledsoe on the floor were a much superior team than the Nets last season.

Why they're letting that fucking dufus still be coach and manager in one is baffling to me

Cornbread78

I donno bout leader but he's a funny dude, kept the team loose, mentored the kids and was voted best teammate. I'd like to see him back, or someone that fills a similar role at least on the bench.

Sounds good in theory, but I wouldn't want him taking minutes from Brown/Tatum.

They could use Bogut to guard bigs and get rebounds or Allen to hold up guards and move the ball.

Nobody even knows how they are going to set up their starting 5 at this point, lol

1:Irving
2:Brown/Smart
3:Hayward
4:Horford/Morris/Tatum
5:Baynes/Horford

That or:

1:Irving
2:Hayward
3:Tatum
4:Morris/Horford
5:Horford/Baynes

They still have a big hole at the 5, which is why Bogut would make the most sense...

megalowho

Don't love any of the bigs available, even if a C would be the best fit in terms of need. Bogut would be a decent addition but he's not a Stevens style big and may be washed. Thomas Robinson maybe?

Allen would be a useful weapon for Brad to have around, I'd be cool with him. If it's just gonna be an end of the bench pickup though and not a rotation player, I'll take the culture guy with the crazy hops.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-reportedly-shot-kyrie-irving-klay-thompson-deal-151001763.html

The Cleveland Cavaliers traded four-time All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving to their chief rival in the Eastern Conference, and we’re learning now that they reportedly also offered him to the Golden State Warriors, so it appears new Cavs general manager Koby Altman really did exhaust all his options.

Altman called the Warriors about swapping Irving for All-Star shooting guard Klay Thompson, according to The Undefeated’s Marc J. Spears.

Other reported offers around the league included: Eric Bledsoe, Dragan Bender and a top-seven protected first-round pick from the Phoenix Suns; Justise Winslow and Goran Dragic from the Miami Heat, although the Heat emphatically denied that deal was ever on the table; and a lackluster package centered around LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker and/or Danny Green from the San Antonio Spurs.

The New York Knicks reportedly rejected an Irving for Kristaps Porzingis swap.
The Minnesota Timberwolves made clear Andrew Wiggins was “not available to anybody in a trade,” which led former Cavs GM David Griffin to “scratch off one potential trade destination.” There are conflicting reports about whether the Milwaukee Bucks offered Malcolm Brogdon, Khris Middleton and a first-round pick. And the Los Angeles Clippers backed off when it became clear they didn’t have the assets.

LeBron going ham on shitty Boston fans is great. Same people who still cry about Ray Allen being a traitor want to turn around and shit on the guy who took you to the ECF while burying his little sister and was TRADED.

Bread

Banned
LeBron going ham on shitty Boston fans is great. Same people who still cry about Ray Allen being a traitor want to turn around and shit on the guy who took you to the ECF while burying his little sister and was TRADED.
it's crazy how much attention people get for burning jerseys, but that's why they're doing it. outside of those few videos i literally haven't seen anyone shitting on IT since he got traded. everyone loves the guy.

Tom Penny

it's crazy how much attention people get for burning jerseys, but that's why they're doing it. outside of those few videos i literally haven't seen anyone shitting on IT since he got traded. everyone loves the guy.
Lol this. Dude got traded. He didn't decision it up..

People just burn jerseys to be noticed, it's all about being noticed
It's probably 1-10 max that did it

LeBron has the nerve to say that when an entire arena was out for blood the first game you placed in Cleveland as a visitor

People just burn jerseys to be noticed, it's all about being noticed
It's probably 1-10 max that did it

LeBron has the nerve to say that when an entire arena was out for blood the first game you placed in Cleveland as a visitor

I don't think he was specifically just calling out Boston fans, but shitty fans in general. When a guy is traded, it's just a "business move", but if a guy dares exercise his right as a free agent and leave on their own, they are "traitors" and should have been more loyal to the organization...who has no qualms about trading them the moment they think they can do better.

Fjordson

Agreed.

Sports fans are fucking trash man. Twitter's really opened my eyes to that now that they have a platform to spew their bullshit or reply directly to athletes with said bullshit. Always up for an athlete putting them down.

not all sports fans, just the ones not on GAF

I don't think he was specifically just calling out Boston fans, but shitty fans in general. When a guy is traded, it's just a "business move", but if a guy dares exercise his right as a free agent and leave on their own, they are "traitors" and should have been more loyal to the organization...who has no qualms about trading them the moment they think they can do better.

NFL fans going after a player who's holding out are the absolute worst. Those contracts aren't guaranteed, a team can cut a player anytime they no longer see the value, players should be able to do the same thing anytime they perceive their value has increased. Add to that the relatively short career lengths and the accumulated damage to their bodies, nobody should be siding with the billionaire owners.

megalowho

Dude what

A person that wanted attention burned a jersey, tagged a bunch of media outlets and got what they wanted. Not even about angry fans, IT is beloved. LeBron took the bait.

https://twitter.com/kylegordon28/status/900152190882525185

Fjordson

Ginboli coming back to SA on a two-year guaranteed deal.

Man I feel like SA is a little too loyal sometimes...need to be more willing to kick guys to the curb and help Kawhi while he's in his prime.

mjp2417

Banned
Ginboli coming back to SA on a two-year guaranteed deal.

Man I feel like SA is a little too loyal sometimes...need to be more willing to kick guys to the curb and help Kawhi while he's in his prime.

Manu for 2 years 5 million seems pretty team friendly. It's the Pau contract that hurts.

Yeah, there's the one dipshit who posted the jersey burning video but other than that I haven't seen a single person who won't miss IT. What he did last season, especially in the playoffs given all he was going through, was amazing and I can't imagine forgetting about it anytime soon.

Bread

Banned
Yeah, there's the one dipshit who posted the jersey burning video but other than that I haven't seen a single person who won't miss IT. What he did last season, especially in the playoffs given all he was going through, was amazing and I can't imagine forgetting about it anytime soon.
Forget about what?

Top Bottom