• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Kendrick Perkins is apparently on the Cavs again?
DKQ5GsoWkAAqvpr.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/910915818682306562

A few of those dudes won't be on the roster. There's like 18 people in that pic. LeBron's two kids in front, for example.

Also, looks like Cleveland is going to have the league's first nine footer.

gutshot

”He has yet to play 5-on-5," Brown told members of the media yesterday. ”When that can actually happen, right now we can't give you a direct answer."

Colangelo reassured everyone that Embiid hadn't suffered a setback, then attempted to clarify Embiid's status.

”[The doctors] have him on a conservative path that will hopefully put him in a planned progression to have sustainable on-court success," Colangelo said. ”It's not about being ready for the first practice, or the first game. And he will be out there on the first practice and the first game. The question is how much, how little, if at all."

Oh.

”It's really early in the process to determine exactly where Joel is in his progression back to play," Colangelo said.

Embiid is going to become Greg Oden redux, isn't he?

gutshot

Joel is a better prospect then Oden.

idk, people in the sixers media who seem to be well connected arent worried, but man, idk

I think up until yesterday's sit-down with Brown and Colangelo they mostly were unconcerned. But I've seen some concern creeping in now.

And really, given this team's track record with injuries, how could you not be concerned?

Joel is a better prospect then Oden.

idk, people in the sixers media who seem to be well connected arent worried, but man, idk

any time a 7 footer has played 32 total games in 3 years due to various leg injuries, you should be worried. Big men with leg problems don't usually just miraculously become pictures of health. It would be a miracle for Joel to buck the trend.

Jarate

Banned
any time a 7 footer has played 32 total games in 3 years due to various leg injuries, you should be worried. Big men with leg problems don't usually just miraculously become pictures of health. It would be a miracle for Joel to buck the trend.

I think up until yesterday's sit-down with Brown and Colangelo they mostly were unconcerned. But I've seen some concern creeping in now.

And really, given this team's track record with injuries, how could you not be concerned?

Trust the Process

Fjordson

This is hilarious seeing how much they are blatant ripoffs of old Lebrons and Kobes. I'm having a hard time really spotting meaningful differences.

And Nike has been releasing this same shoe as a "new" design since 08.

I don't think any athlete is close to Lebron right now as far as kicks, even though his aren't the best either.
*shrug* the KD10's (especially those new red velvets), the PG1 and the Kyrie 2's are all way better than any Lebron shoe imo.

gutshot

Exactly. Anything else is wishful thinking.

My theory? His knee is healed, but the doctors have basically said that he is going to get reinjured, it's just a matter of when. I think that's a big reason for why the Sixers brought in a new medical director. They need someone at the top of the field to hopefully come up with a training regimen for Embiid that will keep him healthy. It will take a miracle, like you said, but the Sixers are doing what they can to make it happen.

Jarate

Banned
My personal belief is that they dont want him doing anything basketball related unless it's the regular season. IDK, im not gonna get more worried then I already am. We're not going to know because BC is going to give shitty buzzword answers to everyone.

rambis

Banned
*shrug* the KD10's (especially those new red velvets), the PG1 and the Kyrie 2's are all way better than any Lebron shoe imo.

Opinions I guess. Im still having trouble pointing out differences between the KD10s and lebron 14 lows, they certainly aren't that different in any capacity. And those Kyrie 2's just made me throw up a little.

PG's are nice until you realize its the same 08-09 Kobe base with a strap attached .

JWiLL

Banned
All this off season drama and we're just chilling up here in the North...adding CJ Miles and KJ McDaniels.

"The Initials" will carry us to the finals, surely.

Really though, happy we brought back Lowry and Ibaka. I'm fine with being a perennial playoff team at this point, don't expect to beat out the Cavs or Celtics but that's alright.

This is seriously the worst time in the offseason though. It always tends to drag...need some games to start. I want some preseason Norm Powell action already.

“[The doctors] have him on a conservative path that will hopefully put him in a planned progression to have sustainable on-court success,” Colangelo said. “It's not about being ready for the first practice, or the first game. And he will be out there on the first practice and the first game. The question is how much, how little, if at all.”

07-minister.jpg

Jarate

Banned
All this off season drama and we're just chilling up here in the North...adding CJ Miles and KJ McDaniels.

Really though, happy we brought back Lowry and Ibaka. I'm fine with being a perennial playoff team at this point, don't expect to beat out the Cavs or Celtics but that's alright.

This is seriously the worst time in the offseason though. It always tends to drag...need some games to start. I want some preseason Norm Powell action already.

Sixers drafting Fultz probably fucked up Lowry's bargaining power as they were the only team openly clamouring for him

Im glad you're happy though. Raptors fans deserve to understand the treadmill. The treadmill is always fun in the beggining, it comes later on where the problems start

JWiLL

Banned
Sixers drafting Fultz probably fucked up Lowry's bargaining power as they were the only team openly clamouring for him

Im glad you're happy though. Raptors fans deserve to understand the treadmill. The treadmill is always fun in the beggining, it comes later on where the problems start

The treadmill is far more appealing than the doormat. Doesn't hurt that we have Masai Ujiri who seems to be beloved by everyone around the league (except for James Dolan).

Tom Penny

Here shoots threes less wear and tear he will be fine.

Thing is Greg Oden was always lying about his age. One time Frank Sinatra came in here and posted in this thread. I said Frank 'you hang out with Greg Oden, just between me and you, how old is Greg Oden?' You know what Frank told me, he said "Hey, Greg Oden is 137 years old." A hundred and thirty-seven years old!

Jarate

Banned
Thing is Greg Oden was always lying about his age. One time Frank Sinatra came in here and posted in this thread. I said Frank 'you hang out with Greg Oden, just between me and you, how old is Greg Oden?' You know what Frank told me, he said "Hey, Greg Oden is 137 years old." A hundred and thirty-seven years old!
At least that's younger then Thon Maker

Bread

Banned
To be honest, I feel like Frank was hiding Greg's real age because they were such great friends.

The league need Joel Embiid, he's just too much fun to watch in and off the court., I don't want to live in a world when he plays just a few dozens of games in his career.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Honestly I think the Raptors will probably be the 1 seed in the East. They would have been easily last year if Lowry stayed healthy and the Cavs won't be as good in the regular season and I wonder how quickly Boston gels together.

Gonna need the 2 guys to show up in the playoffs though.

Embiid talks way too much shit for how little he has done.

The guy is basically the best center in the league when hes on the court... unfortunately thats basically never.

Sandfox

“[The doctors] have him on a conservative path that will hopefully put him in a planned progression to have sustainable on-court success,” Colangelo said. “It's not about being ready for the first practice, or the first game. And he will be out there on the first practice and the first game. The question is how much, how little, if at all
Huh?

Cavs 2017-18 court

cavscourt.jpg

The two key differences between last year’s version and the new one are: 1) the “shield” logo at center court, which the Cavs say represents the team’s commitment to “Defend The Land” and the city’s spirit of resilience. And 2) the color black, which has been permanently added as an official team color.

“The color black is a nod to the historic turning point in the 2016 NBA Finals when the Cavs wore their black-sleeved uniforms in games 5 and 7 on their way to winning the NBA Championship,” the Cavs said.

RedAssedApe

Banned
r/nba out here deleting threads on the new shoes even though KD's hater shoe was one of the top voted posts a few days ago

Lame

It will be fun to see all the Lakers/Lonzo threads they'll allow once LeBron comes to LA tho

wait...why? lol mods are not big ballers confirmed.

Top Bottom