• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

phanphare

Banned
fuck Charles Barkley

edit: in other news..

tewfDQZ.jpg

I got misty eyed, ain't even gonna lie

Oh the irony after Kanter defended the OKC organization in response to Durant.

Kanter lives in NYC in the offseason. He's going to start for the Knicks, play a bunch of minutes score a bunch of points, and his inability to defend will go largely unnoticed on a team that cares not about such things. OKC couldn't have done him any better if they had tried.

Unless hoodies are part of the terms okc got fleeced.

???

Kanter was on one of the most ridiculous contracts in the association. Dude is one of the worst defenders in the league and was pulling $18 million to come off the bench and was nigh unplayable against small-ball teams. They absolutely had to get his contract off the books by the trade deadline this year. Can't imagine a scenario where they would have gotten anyone better than even a 33-year-old Melo back for him in today's NBA. And let's not act like Douggy McBuckets or a 2nd-round draft pick factor into this deal in any meaningful way...

Servbot24

Banned
Hope he wins MVP this season.

Prolly gonna be Kawhi. I don't think Steph is gonna step aside for Durant like he did last year, and all the other super-teams are gonna have too many adjustments to make. I think Giannis has another year or two of development to go through.

I would say LeBron, but I don't know if he cares enough.

Do you believe CLE passed on Melo for Thompson?

I get passing on weakening a position you're already week in, but I feel like TT production is replaceable. Especially considering how useful he was last playoffs in series you didn't need him but come finals time he disappeared. I don't know how important TT is in a matchup with BOS or GS next year anyway.

Still funny the Bulls package of McDermott, 2nd rd pick and a frontcount bench player netted them Payne but Presti turns pretty much the same package into Melo.

legend166

When I heard the Melo news I was like "Oh, Westbrook and Carmelo together, that'll be interesting to watch."

I only remembered like 20 minutes ago that Paul George also went there.

This could be either amazing or an incredible disaster.

mjp2417

Banned
Do you believe CLE passed on Melo for Thompson?

I get passing on weakening a position you're already week in, but I feel like TT production is replaceable. Especially considering how useful he was last playoffs in series you didn't need him but come finals time he disappeared. I don't know how important TT is in a matchup with BOS or GS next year anyway.

Still funny the Bulls package of McDermott, 2nd rd pick and a frontcount bench player netted them Payne but Presti turns pretty much the same package into Melo.

I wouldn't have traded TT either. That would leave Cleveland with an absolutely gaping hole at the 5 and it's not like they are currently lacking for 3's and 4's who can score.

i can't wait for the thompson-love-lebron-wade-IT lineup to get blown out by 30 points per game in june

like i'm not even kidding, that team's gonna be lowkey fun as hell

Wade should probably come to Boston really.

Irving-Wade-Hayward-Morris-Horford is real good and gets him more touches than he would see in OKC or Cleveland.

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have obviously talked throughout the summer. I'm told CLE has made it clear Wade would start if he signs.
9:43 PM · Sep 24, 2017

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
Cleveland's clear frontrunner with LeBron James, but Wade may take a little time to decide, league sources tell ESPN.
Time to finally pull out my Wade Cavs jersey .....

If Wade goes to the Cavs and pushes JR to the bench, they should be concerned with spacing. I suppose you could also make Rose come off the bench and let Wade/LeBron share the load of running point until IT is ready, but who will be chasing around the opposing point man all game.

mjp2417

Banned
If Wade goes to the Cavs and pushes JR to the bench, they should be concerned with spacing. I suppose you could also make Rose come off the bench and let Wade/LeBron share the load of running point until IT is ready, but who will be chasing around the opposing point man all game.

JR is presumably going to be the one guarding elite PG's with or without IT, so I don't think a Wade/JR/Bron/Love/TT lineup until IT gets back makes that much difference.

TTG

Wade and Lebron had some pretty good oops, would be fun to see again.

You'll see a couple, but Lebron was the Miami Heat fast break all by his lonesome in their last year, Wade has not gotten quicker since. Rose could make a great running partner though, from the little I've seen of his Knicks career, he can still motor in a straight line better than most.

Has IT been ruled out for the start of the season? These line ups are gonna be interesting.

If I'm Cleveland and I get Wade, I'm playing him home games and that's about it. He can play a handful of road games -- in Miami, Chicago, at MSG, stuff like that. But I'm not even thinking of trotting him out there for even 60 games. Keep it around 50 and just be ready for the playoffs.

TTG

If I'm Cleveland and I get Wade, I'm playing him home games and that's about it. He can play a handful of road games -- in Miami, Chicago, at MSG, stuff like that. But I'm not even thinking of trotting him out there for even 60 games. Keep it around 50 and just be ready for the playoffs.

Nah, he'll just play the road games. Who wants to go to Cleveland?

TTG

But I'm serious, though. Cleveland cares about their home fans, screw everyone else in the league. One thing is for sure, Wade's not playing 82, not 72, not 62...

So is Gabrielle Union, they're not going to Cleveland for anything less than a possible conference final or finals match up.

jdstorm

Banned
What're the chances Wade ends up at OKC?

Very low. OKC would want him as backup PG to play 15-20mpg at most. Its unlikely he would ever accept that role.

Cavs very heavy favourites. Miami and Milwaukee the only other teams with an outside chance.

Top Bottom