• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Boogs31

no, they definately have enough money to resign him. JJ Redick, Amir Johnson, Stauskas are all off the books next season which opens up another ~36-38 million

Sixers have plenty of money.

I said extend, not resign. The team would benefit greatly by paying him more money this season while saving money on the back end of his contract. Can they still do that?

burningmoney.jpg

Also you are all ignoring the true best center in the league

greg-monroe-nba-milwaukee-bucks-detroit-pistons.jpg

Edit: Damn you mjp!!!

So why not have Kuz start instead of BI? Randle is playing fine. Kuz isn't much bigger than other 3s.

I don't disagree in theory. I feel like Randle is who he is though. He's virtually the same player he was two seasons ago. I would like to give Ingram more touches because of that. A stretch 4 should help Ingram out offensively too giving him more space.

I would be OK with him starting for either though.

spyder_ur

I know - preseason - but alot of young Celtics looked really good tonight. Fit Marcus Smart is a real thing. Rozier's improvement is notable - game has slowed down alot for him. And Ojeleye looks awesome. Even Nader is really impressing; I think he's gone as far as he can with this team given the roster, but hopefully it's good for his career.

bonesquad

Parker has never been that good. Embiid is legit best center in the league when hes played

I agree. I'm not a fan of Parker. But it was reported Parker is seeking a big if not max contract. And with the Bucks constantly stating how they see him as a long term member of the team... It makes me nervous.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/10/9/16447748/san-antonio-spurs-return-the-beautiful-game

I was thinking this too as I watched the first few pre-season Spurs games. They are filled with shooters now compared to last year.

I think the Spurs, if it's even possible, are going to surprise a lot of people this year. The youth movement is happening with Anderson, Forbes, Murray, and Bertans. I really think it's going to be a hybrid 2012-14 Spurs style team with the occasional Leonard iso. LMA is even looking good so far.

I'm mostly still too livid to say much about it, but fuck whatever Gods the Pelicans pissed off to go into a third straight season with at least two starters being injured (the latest being Rondo).

Getting real sick of this.

Emwitus

I agree with this premise but think this was a great signing. They wouldn't have found a better use for that money.

Still you'd think they'd be able to get -some- kind of discount for a guy who hasn't even played half a season worth of games yet.

LOL Why would a player give a multimilion dollar buisness that still uses his name and likes to put buts in their sits a "discount'?

because he has played 30 games in 3 years?

No, but really, it's not on Embiid to take a discount. This is on the Sixers, you don't give a player a contract like this if he can't stay on the floor, particularly when the player doesn't have the leverage of a looming free agency. But if the contract is offered? Sign it.

Bread

Banned
No, but really, it's not on Embiid to take a discount. This is on the Sixers, you don't give a player a contract like this if he can't stay on the floor, particularly when the player doesn't have the leverage of a looming free agency. But if the contract is offered? Sign it.
I'm not saying it's on Embiid to take a discount but that the idea of them paying less than full max for him is a reasonable thing to believe.

gutshot

Re: Embiid's contract, The Athletic's Derek Bodner reported this:

While the exact details of how much is guaranteed have not yet been reported, a league source has described it to me as an unprecedented amount of non-guaranteed money for a max rookie-scale extension.

So while he may not have given them a discount, it does sound like there was some concession given due to his health issues.

Top Bottom