• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

LionPride

Banned
Anyone elss ever watch Dwight Howard games or highlights from his prime just to see how much of a fucking physical marvel he was? Jesus christ roids or not he was such a dominant player with this Magic team

Imagine if he had an actual post game and a back that wasn't cooked to a crisp

FZZ

Banned
Bill Russel: small baller

Wilt Chamberlain: small baller

Kareem Abdul Jabbar: small baller

Michael Jordan: small baller

LyleLanley: BIG BALLER

Embiid is the living embodiment of a smokescreen.

Bill Simmons had a great quote to describe Embiid, one that gets really funny once it settles in your head.

With apologies to the Freak (don't worry, I'm voting for him for second-team All-NBA), the Joker (a legit threat to recreate the '77 Blazers) and the Zinger (who spent the season in Melo-Rose purgatory), I'm voting for Joel Embiid, a 7-foot-2 behemoth with 3-point range who averaged 20 and eight in 25 minutes a game, sent Sixers fans into a Process tizzy, never even cracked the 800-minute mark, then disappeared. Did we imagine it? Did Joel Embiid even exist? That's a true unicorn — when you don't even know if it happened.

Also does free agency start? I already miss basketball.

As we begin this off-season, let us commemorate the greatest moment of the playoffs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTE-LPPhLhR/

tumblr_n15bc0ZYRE1sdrzr5o1_400.gif

OlynykThumbsUp.gif

LionPride

Banned
1. I can't wait to see Simmons play, he's a better passer than Lonzo and will do well

2. I honestly think that a lot of the dislike towards Wiggins comes from all the Maple Jordan talk before and during the draft. That fucked him over. He's 21 in his third season, I think he'll be fine

Cornbread78

Gay is going to get paid a truckload of money though.

Meh, maybe, but.....

If they cannot make a splash with Hayward and Griffen, I want them to at least add a wing scorer/shooter like Reddick or Gay and a front court player that can at least rebound and shoot a mid range jumper to keep the lane clear on offense.

Personally if I was a Celtics fan I'd want Gallinari over an aging broken chucker like Rudy Gay. Add him and Hayward and draft Fultz and the Celts have enough firepower to take on the Cavs

Good point, but can you imagine the backlash if Danny signed Gallinari and Hayward in the same off-season?

Personally if I was a Celtics fan I'd want Gallinari over an aging broken chucker like Rudy Gay. Add him and Hayward and draft Fultz and the Celts have enough firepower to take on the Cavs

They can't realistically pay Gallo and Hayward. Either way that team still loses to the Warriors.

Meh, maybe, but.....

If they cannot make a splash with Hayward and Griffen, I want them to at least add a wing scorer/shooter like Reddick or Gay and a front court player that can at least rebound and shoot a mid range jumper to keep the lane clear on offense.

Good point, but can you imagine the backlash if Danny signed Gallinari and Hayward in the same off-season?

If they win the East nobody would complain I'm sure.

Cornbread78

If they win the East nobody would complain I'm sure.

Oh, I'm sure somebody at ESPN would make an issue of it as they always do with race and Boston specifically...

Olynyk
Swed Larry Bird (assuming they resign him to cheap contract)
Hayward
Gallinari
Zizac

They would still need to sign another FA center as well....

I'd be happy if Spurs can bring back Splitter on the cheap since Dedmon is probably leaving

He's exactly what Boston needs, but he might cost them too much, as he would for SA...

Tom Penny

So is GM LeBron finally going to form a super team this off season?

"Q: You've been a part of two superteams, the one you have here, the one you had in Miami, looking at what the Golden State Warriors have done, are you still a fan of the concept? Do you think it's a good thing for the NBA to build these teams how they brought in Kevin? You get what I'm asking?

LEBRON JAMES: No, not really. I don't believe I've played for a superteam. I don't believe in that. I don't believe we're a superteam here. So, no, I don't really, I don't -- you guys want one more question before I leave and not see you guys for a long time?"

Top Bottom