• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

jjasper said:
FT difference is such a shitty way to determine how a game is called or if a game is called fair.

True but at the moment the game is being called pretty fairly, UF is just fouling.

Sleeping schedule was totally fucked by DST, so I woke up and the UK-UF game was already going.

Anyway, I'm not liking this trend of falling behind early. It's going to catch up to Florida eventually, and I would not be surprised at all if Kentucky is the first team to show that.

I do want Florida to be the tourney champions though, so I'm of course still pulling for them.

Seth C

pxleyes said:
Bullshit technical but I don't think it will matter.

Tony Greene doesn't allow any lip from anyone. He's a joke. Last season he hit up Kentucky (and their opponent) with 4 double technicals...in one season.

pxleyes

Banned
With Macklin's and Boyton's performances we really don't deserve to win. They have been complete opposites of where they were the last two nights.

Carolina was about to get back in the game in a big way. They had been getting all the second chance points. If Barnes' 3 would have gone to cut the lead to 7, wow. Fortunately for the fellers in the deeper shade of blue, it did not, and Kelly got a 3 on the other end.

jjasper

pxleyes said:
With Macklin's and Boyton's performances we really don't deserve to win. They have been complete opposites of where they were the last two nights.

What they didn't continue to shoot 80% from 3? See Tennessee amazing things happen when you actually play defense.

Seth C

pxleyes said:

Good game to you and your boys. Hope you make a deep run in the big dance.

ACC played about how I thought, Duke will definitely be a number one seed now. The NCAA loves them too much. Matter of fact they will be the number one seed in the Southeast region.

Seth C

Randolph Freelander said:
Duke wins.

10 out of the last 13 ACC tournament championships
13 under Coach K
19 overall (leads ACC by 2 over UNC)

12 of the last 20 SEC Tournament championships.
27 overall, leading Alabama by 21 and the entirety of the SEC by 2.

Since we are sharing.

You know, Kyrie Irving is probably going to end up being one of my favorite Blue Devils. Not for what he's done on the court, because he has only played 8 games. But dude has been stellar throughout his injury, on the bench, cheering on his teammates, celebrating when they play well, giving support when they need to play better. In this era of one-and-dones (and he very likely will still be one), it's refreshing to see that the college team experience is still meaningful for these athletes.

Seth C said:
12 of the last 20 SEC Tournament championships.
27 overall, leading Alabama by 21 and the entirety of the SEC by 2.

I can't help that the SEC is no good! ;)

Although going back to a post I made last night, the ACC's titles are clustered mostly among the 3 teams in the center of North Carolina.

Seth C

Randolph Freelander said:
I can't help that the SEC is no good! ;)

Although going back to a post I made last night, the ACC's titles are clustered mostly among the 3 teams in the center of North Carolina.

Both conferences have 6 teams with multiple tournament championships. The ACC, however, has 5 teams who have never managed to win even one. The SEC only has 1 (sorry South Carolina, but at least you have one in the ACC!).

Seth C said:
Both conferences have 6 teams with multiple tournament championships. The ACC, however, has 5 teams who have never managed to win even one. The SEC only has 1 (sorry South Carolina, but at least you have one in the ACC!).

Yes, althought also as I said last night, Clemon is the most egregious, since they've been in the conference from year one. FSU is getting about to the point that SC is in the SEC, as in, they've been in the conference long enough to have had time to break through. The other 3 are new. Still, it's just a North Carolina (the state) dominated league, no way to say otherwise.

Pollux

how the hell does lunardi still have florida as a 3 seed? and ND as a 1? media needs to stop blowing the big east, they'll get 10 teams into the tourney and half will lose in the first weekend just like last year.

Seth C

Any other Kentucky fans planning to travel with the team next weekend and go to the games? I'm personally hoping they send us to Chicago for the first weekend.

Cubsfan23

Banned
the committee doesn't even factor in sunday's games unless there's a bubble team still playing or a #1 seed still to be decided. I doubt the UK/Florida game today meant anything

Seth C

Cubsfan23 said:
the committee doesn't even factor in sunday's games unless there's a bubble team still playing or a #1 seed still to be decided. I doubt the UK/Florida game today meant anything

Totally not true. I don't know where you heard that. there will also be clear examples of it in the seeding. They just set themselves up with several options. For example, reserving a 1 and a 2 seed, with the winner of Duke/UNC getting the better one, or the winner of Kentucky/Florida getting a 3 and the loser a 4. It happens all the time.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Time to defend my GAF Bracket Challenge title. Should have gotten a tag or something for winning last year but I'll be happy with the big ass gold trophy in my yahoo profile :)

edit: Although since I always pick Duke, if the Devils don't win I'm likely done early lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Wow, last week UNC was a sleeper that could do some damage in the tourney and might get an outside shot for a 1 seed. Today the ESPN analysts have completely thrown them under the bus saying our win doesn't really count for anything since UNC just beat up a weak ACC. While there is some truth to that, today is only the second game UNC has lost since making the switch to Marshall after the GT debacle. Nice disservice to both teams there, ESPN, though I'm sure had they won, UNC would be a darkhorse to win it all.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Seth C said:
Totally not true. I don't know where you heard that. there will also be clear examples of it in the seeding. They just set themselves up with several options. For example, reserving a 1 and a 2 seed, with the winner of Duke/UNC getting the better one, or the winner of Kentucky/Florida getting a 3 and the loser a 4. It happens all the time.

Florida will be a 3 in Tampa. Bank it. It's just too much trouble to change stuff like that at the last minute

It's easy to set up the last #1/top 2 seed, because they are the same bracket anyway

Seth C

Cubsfan23 said:
Florida will be a 3 in Tampa. Bank it. It's just too much trouble to change stuff like that at the last minute

It's easy to set up the last #1/top 2 seed, because they are the same bracket anyway

Then they may have left open a 3/4 for Kentucky in the event they win. They absolutely do things like that. You say it's easy, well I say there were only 4 games all day anyway, so it's all easy. And the ACC and SEC matchups weren't going to result in much movement either way, so they give themselves options for both outcomes. They've plainly said so before.

Lunardi has Florida and Kentucky as 3 seeds in Tampa, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom