• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

near (Vita App) | Scanning local Vita chums for all dat Game Goods

I have the WiFi version Vita and always used the same access point, never connected to another hotspot.

Just wondering in discoveries section of near, it has players x2, and when I tap on it, it shows their names with 1 time next to it.

What does this mean exactly?

How many times I've met them in an online game?

kerrak

I have the WiFi version Vita and always used the same access point, never connected to another hotspot.

Just wondering in discoveries section of near, it has players x2, and when I tap on it, it shows their names with 1 time next to it.

What does this mean exactly?

How many times I've met them in an online game?
Only 2 people? I found 5 in the middle of the desert (literally!). I suppose you know you have to push the near button to update and connect yourself to near. In my city there are usually 100.
I think in your case 2 is the number of people found (strangely low), and the 1 next to them is the number of times you have been simultaneously connected with them. Not necessarily playing the same game. Just connected to near.
It gives you a "compatibility" ratio (5 green avatars or something), which you can use to tell which people connect at the same time as you and play similar games, so you might want to add them to your friends list.

Only 2 people? I found 5 in the middle of the desert (literally!). I suppose you know you have to push the near button to update and connect yourself to near. In my city there are usually 100.
I think in your case 2 is the number of people found (strangely low), and the 1 next to them is the number of times you have been simultaneously connected with them. Not necessarily playing the same game. Just connected to near.
It gives you a "compatibility" ratio (5 green avatars or something), which you can use to tell which people connect at the same time as you and play similar games, so you might want to add them to your friends list.

Nah, on Out and About I have tons of people popping up, probably got confused with something else :)

Anyway, thanks.

Top Bottom