• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed: Rivals | OT | In Theaters March 14

Anyone here have the PS4 version? Looking to get the 2 multiplayer trophies for the platinum. Willing to trade so we can both get them.

Also, what's with the multiplayer? Keeps telling me to sign into PSN when I already am. Should it automatically sign into Origin? Has me super confused.

I can help if you still need it. I just got them yesterday. I resorted to adding random people in my game and then luckily one of them accepted and was a racer. Then I just followed him around and managed to get them both.

PSN ID: CarlosVato

Just message me on PSN and let me know

Would anyone help me with the 2 online trophies on PS4? I would, of course, also help with them in return.

Add me on PSN: Tryckser and send me a message.

Thank you!

It's truly annoying to be staring at the finish line of a Rapid Response, about to complete a long Speed List and get the message "You have been disconnected from the current game," losing all your progress since leaving a command post. Burnout Paradise didn't have this problem. EA's servers and the way the game handles online connections can DIAF.

It's truly annoying to be staring at the finish line of a Rapid Response, about to complete a long Speed List and get the message "You have been disconnected from the current game," losing all your progress since leaving a command post. Burnout Paradise didn't have this problem. EA's servers and the way the game handles online connections can DIAF.

For many reasons , when i was playing this game i decided to do it in offline mode. Less random but way less risks of such things happenning.

TJP

Finished the cop 'story' after a long break away for Rivals. The ending for both cop and racer story modes are masterclasses in how to end a game in an underwhelming way. I hope Ghost learn from this moving forward..along with looking at better DLC packs; the DLC made by Criterion, specifically the Airport DLC, for Most Wanted was a lot of fun and well worth buying IMO.

I did enjoy Rivals despite the stupid 30fps lock (easily defeated) for PC players.

jett

D-Member
Is this game CPU limited? I tried turning down everything in a place where the framerate drop to 45~fps on my 280X, but the framerate wouldn't budge at all. That's just ridiculous.

just bought this game on a sale, both the resolutionscale parameter and driver downsampling both cause weird flickering/lod glitching on certain trees. is this fixable?

MadOnion

Neo Member
After 6 month of playing NFS Rivals I captured enough beautiful and interesting moments to make this music video. Hope you like it.

MixedImpressiveAsiantrumpetfish.gif

Gamersyde
YouTube

MadOnion

Neo Member
Pretty good video :)
Was this made with sharefactory ? How did you make the fast forward effect ?

Thanks! I used the opener from ShareFactory, but the rest was edited in Final Cut Pro X. I had 9 hours of footage and managing it on PS4 would be nightmare for me )

P.S. Despite nice graphics, Rivals was a letdown for me, felt like a lazy effort of putting Hot Pursuit 2010 on next-gen rails with unnecessary always online mode when other players almost have no impact on my play session (and I cannot even pause the game!)

DonMigs85

So I downloaded the Complete Edition digitally on PS4 and it's now on the super-long "Installing Game" portion after the tutorial part. Can I put the PS4 in Rest Mode for this or does it have to be left fully on? It's gonna take hooours

So I downloaded the Complete Edition digitally on PS4 and it's now on the super-long "Installing Game" portion after the tutorial part. Can I put the PS4 in Rest Mode for this or does it have to be left fully on? It's gonna take hooours

Just close the game and go in rest mode while the ps4 is connected to internet

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally trying this out with EA access and i'm having several major issues. someone help!

1) played for about an hour last night and apparently NONE of my progress was saved. i progressed a bit further and nearly fully upgraded my vanquish. is this a known issue? how do you avoid or ensure the game saves your progress?

2) whats with the random car pans mid-race or driving? am i hitting some button that causes the to circle the car? seems to happen completely at random, but usually when its at the worst possible time.

3) how can you mute douche bags that you get matched with? or, how do you disconnect and search for a new match? its super annoying hearing peoples music or kids chatting/talking shit when i just want to play. can i even play offline?

i'm trying to like the game despite the game designed around making you hate it. seriously, i cant just drive around doing events without constant cop harassment and having to find hide outs taking me back to menus? the fuck?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this fucking game. i cant even progress back to where i was. i drive for a few minutes and have a real life cop player with a super car and every tool in the book bust me. over and over again. what the fuck is this shit?

Ive never had another player disrupt me, though maybe since I was always leveling up fast as a racer that never happened.

I did finish it recently, the ending credits song is the best as well as Zephyrs story.

so i copped this game back during the Xbox One EA sale for $15 and im just now getting around to playing it. i have to say, as someone who only liked the original NFS Hot Pursuit, and NFS Underground 1 and 2; i REALLY like this game!

my thoughts so far..

the lack of story doesn't really bother me given the open world nature of the game being a bare bones cops vs. racers narrative. what really draws me in and has hooked me is the gameplay, Ghost Games nails that feeling of speed and recklessness, i love how fast you seem to be going even if your not really topping out your car. also the racer tech mechanics add a really cool battle system meta-game during the actual races. being able to drive up to the A.I. and other players to enter a 1 vs. 1 race on the fly is great. my only real complaint is that the world is sort of small for being strictly open world, i would expect a much larger open world to explore when the story is so nonexistent. this leads me to me other complaint, the world is very generic, as if if was pieced together from uninspired NFS locals of past games, i really would have liked a distinctly unique Ghost Games NFS local instead of this generic open world that Rivals exists in. overall im not too far into (only level 8 and have medium races unlokced) but i am having a lot of fun with this game.

I picked up a used copy of the Complete Edition tonight, but was in too much of a rush to ask to see the disc. As it turns out, even though it's a Blu-ray disc, the thing has scratch-like marks and basically a palm print on it. It's like someone laid their oily fingers across it length-wise to see what marks would result.

I tried cleaning it, but there's still crud on it so I'm returning it and considering just getting another used copy. That was their only Complete Edition, though.

The library has the last-gen version, though, so I could just get that and not be so anal about its condition. Has anyone played both new-gen and last-gen NFS Rivals? How do they compare?

DonMigs85

I picked up a used copy of the Complete Edition tonight, but was in too much of a rush to ask to see the disc. As it turns out, even though it's a Blu-ray disc, the thing has scratch-like marks and basically a palm print on it. It's like someone laid their oily fingers across it length-wise to see what marks would result.

I tried cleaning it, but there's still crud on it so I'm returning it and considering just getting another used copy. That was their only Complete Edition, though.

The library has the last-gen version, though, so I could just get that and not be so anal about its condition. Has anyone played both new-gen and last-gen NFS Rivals? How do they compare?

Eurogamer made a good comparison. It's basically the same game, just uglier looking and 720p. But performance and controls/physics are the same.

Eurogamer made a good comparison. It's basically the same game, just uglier looking and 720p. But performance and controls/physics are the same.

Thanks

I saw their comparison and had skimmed through it without noticing the last-gen stuff. I guess I didn't read it too closely.

I ended up exchanging the dirty disc for a better one and cleaning the Hell out of it with an eye glass cleaning alcohol wipe and a lens cleaner wipe, both of which had alcohol. It works fine, and wasn't scratched - just dusty and I didn't want that in my console.

So far, the game is okay. I like getting great drifts going, but sometimes the controls don't work as planned. I also don't like how it threw me into a lobby with a bunch of other people who were talking like idiots. It was annoying. Thankfully, there's a 'Single Player' option so I don't have to deal with other people.

Is the cop career easier than the racer one? Is it better or worse?

I just finished the racer one, and it was solid. The last race (Hard Hot Pursuit) was a bitch, though. I came close a couple of times and had my car destroyed near the end, but finally beat it after several tries.

It was too long and pretty cheap.

The game, itself, is pretty fun. However, it has issues. You sometimes go so fast that it can be hard to see what's in front of you, and the controls aren't always great. I find that the handling screws up occasionally.

I also get controller disconnects at random. Usually one per session. That doesn't help.

I just beat it. It really became a drag due to repetition and I'm glad I'm done with it.

Pros:

- Looks pretty
- Great sense of speed
- Epic drifts are easily accomplished
- Two careers
- Lots of events
- Interesting open world

Cons:

- Social focus
- Far too repetitive
- Cheap
- Sometimes it feels as if you're not really in full control and hanging on for dear life
- You get going so fast that it can be difficult to see what's ahead of you
- Too easy to crash and total your car, which makes some racer events a pain

It's a solid 7/10. Hopefully the upcoming one will be better. I played it at E3, and enjoyed it quite a bit, but that was just a demo.

DonMigs85

I just beat it. It really became a drag due to repetition and I'm glad I'm done with it.

Pros:

- Looks pretty
- Great sense of speed
- Epic drifts are easily accomplished
- Two careers
- Lots of events
- Interesting open world

Cons:

- Social focus
- Far too repetitive
- Cheap
- Sometimes it feels as if you're not really in full control and hanging on for dear life
- You get going so fast that it can be difficult to see what's ahead of you
- Too easy to crash and total your car, which makes some racer events a pain
I have the same opinion. I really hope the next game is a bit more creative and controllable and they don't shove the social stuff down our throats. Maybe we can even pause it!

I have the same opinion. I really hope the next game is a bit more creative and controllable and they don't shove the social stuff down our throats. Maybe we can even pause it!

Haha. Yeah, being able to pause would be nice.

I needed to pause the game during the last racer event to say bye to family, but I couldn't. It's so stupid that you can't do so in single player. I turned off the multiplayer stuff as soon as I could.

I feel bad for people who forced themselves to get to level 60 in both campaigns. That would be a boring slog/nightmare.

Ecto311

Keep seeing this game for $10 on the xbox one store. Is it worth it now or is the community and game dead with the newer ones out?

Keep seeing this game for $10 on the xbox one store. Is it worth it now or is the community and game dead with the newer ones out?

Necro'd thread!

Couldnt tell you about the community but i think this game got a bad wrap, its really fun and have have some of the most exciting chases in a video game, but you basically have to understand that playing as the racer is "hard mode". Most players who are cops can and will come after you. For $10 though, I think this is a really solid buy.

Top Bottom