• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann low key confirms TLOU Part 3 in the making

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
They are a Last Of Us studio now. That is Sony's Legend Of Zelda.
They are making a new IP. And have made new IP’s in literally every generation except for 1.

Your post would be more accurate for Sony Santa Monica. Who have made literally nothing but god of war since 2005

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I hope so. Playing Part 2 again has me itching for more TLOU.
You playing the PS5 remaster version? Is it worth getting if you already have the original?

Ogbert

It will be Lev’s revenge mission to find the arseclown who didn’t let him use the male bogs.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Kind of a weird aside, and maybe I’ll post more context later, but I recently found the art book signed by ND staff they sent me when I was in the hospital with leukemia. Was super cool of them. Have some stuff sent from Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson too.
9AaYR2B.jpg

Dacvak

Probably. It’s only a tenner.

Frame rate is nice, as are the haptics.
Ohhh right I forgot about the $10 update price. Dope

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The arch of the main characters is complete, so the only way I see a TLOU 3 is by changing characters, environments, and the scope of the story. A time skip and humankind fighting the virus together or engaged in a civil war.

I really don't see Ellie's Arc being over. As much as I criticize the second game, with that criticism requires thorough analysis and familiarity with the product. Can't dislike something if you don't know anything about it. Anyway, from where the story left off in Part II, I think Ellie has obviously reached a realization about herself and her path, and there's an implied pivot in character projectory. If you look at it in terms of a classic narrative Trilogy (which is all but spelled out at this point) you can pretty easily split the character arcs themselves into triplets.

Part I - Ellie - Genesis of character. Everything we learn about her character in this title paints our baseline mental image of who Ellie is: Young, naive, adventurous, free spirited, excitable and innocent but saddled with the baggage of the world she was born into - she curses, wields weapons, and knows about death on a personal level. Has a clear purpose throughout the plot.

Part II - Ellie - A character who has grown up in the same ugly world and has become a rougher version of her child self. Has essentially become the baggage of post Cordyceps world that was imposed upon her as a child. Is bereft of her support system, self blaming, and devoid of purpose, at least altruistic purpose, for the lion's share of the narrative.

Part III - Ellie - Now, Part II makes me worry that old Druckman may be a bit of a nihilist, but in a traditional Hero's journey type deal, Part III would entail a narrative reckoning of sorts with these two distinct "flavors," of Ellie, how she picks up the pieces of both chapters and types of goals (altruistic and selfish) and combines the better parts of her humanity and resolves her portion of the plot. It's obvious narratively at this point that Ellie is the heart and soul of the story.

Eiknarf

At 1:39:50 in the doc, the screen goes black and text on the screen reads,

“Primary filming on this project ceased in December 2019 due to the COVID-19 outbreak

WHAT kind of lie is that!?!

Things were fine in December 2019!!

We didn’t start closing businesses and practicing social distancing until March of 2020!! We had no idea about Covid being a threat in December of 2019!!

Do people think we’re dumb?? Look it up!!

Sony and ND’s Tweet in April of 2020 is more proof

Last edited:

Vick

The Last of Us Part III in the Making
Season 5 What GIF by The Office

I think the Uncharted franchise has been perfected. I don't think there are many things to improve up on from a gameplay perspective
Correct, reason why it sucks so damn bad it's all confined into two single games from 2016 and 2017.

As said countless times at this point I'd keep buying Drake adventures till the end of time, just give me him between Panama prison and Drake's Fortune by restoring ties with Nolan North:

695319e6c5d67b3010b8411c656c4c50.png

Bring back Sully and Eddie and Rika or whoever from here:

0F5FXVp.png

Straight and imperatively untouched port of Straley TPS mechanics along with those perfect responsive animations/motion matching.

H9arRiP.gif

Exotic and tropical next gen looking locations (tropical + Uncharted never gets old), a no bullshit old school story, less linear game structure more akin to Tomb Raider or Lost Legacy and you've got a system seller and something would single-handedly made me fall in love with ND again.

Alternatively U4 ending shown there's close to a hundred adventures we know Nate and Elena had that they could let us play.. less ideal for sure but still something. At the very least a fucking Golden Abyss remake..

This franchise in less pretentious hands could easily go on forever, especially by developing more contained and light hearted games.. assuming ND is still capable of doing them.

VulcanRaven

Haha, yeah right.

As much as it pains me "this is Ellie's story" as some people have said in the past.
I just realized that it probably won't be set too many years in the future. They might not want to recast actors for the HBO show so it could limit things.

Last edited:
I really don't see Ellie's Arc being over. As much as I criticize the second game, with that criticism requires thorough analysis and familiarity with the product. Can't dislike something if

IMO Ellie's mutilation was a physical and symbolic way to leave the story and, at last, have a peaceful life. She lost everything (fingers and ability to play guitar or fight properly) and now must start anew on a different path, far from violence. That's how I understand her decision to spare Abby influenced by Joel's memento. To me, it would be extremely unsatisfying that after those sacrifices everything was for naught.

There is another reason for removing Ellie. If somehow the question about the vaccine surfaced again, that would make Joel's decision (saving Ellie) wrong and his death completely "unnecessary". One golden rule when writing a saga (at least I adhere to that) is that you never render the events of previous chapters useless by adding a bullshit plot twist that takes characters back to the starting point. That's a writing capital sin. Star Wars is a prime example of this.

Jesb

I would’ve preferred a new uncharted or something new. Not another depressing game. At the very least a prequel with Joel there again.

Bartski

Gold Member
Since now we know Part2 used to be an open world bloodborne inspired melee focued game, I'd honestly love to see them actually making something like this now - outside of this franchise. That "paradox" 4chan "leak" was all fake but maybe they already are.

Top Bottom