• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo games coming to Nintendo Switch

My guess would be Hamster was probably in very active development on their Neo Geo emulator when Switch SDKs came knocking so made the most sense to start there, rather than going back to stuff they had brought to other platforms already.

I gotta say arcade games in general suit the Switch incredibly well. Reminds me of dropping quarters in Ms. Pac-Man while my mom does laundry at the laundromat. Time killer games on mobile never really clicked with me, so this is my new sickness. If I had arcade anywhere as a child I would probably have gone skeleton.

meppi

All I know is that since the Switch launched, I've stopped buying these releases on PS4 and bought every single one on Switch instead.
The combination of being able to play them on the big screen as well as having them portable is too good for me to pass up.
All I need is a good Switch arcade stick and I'm all set.

It doesn't mean that I stopped buying other releases though as I picked up Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2 as it came out.

Coda

My guess would be Hamster was probably in very active development on their Neo Geo emulator when Switch SDKs came knocking so made the most sense to start there, rather than going back to stuff they had brought to other platforms already.

I gotta say arcade games in general suit the Switch incredibly well. Reminds me of dropping quarters in Ms. Pac-Man while my mom does laundry at the laundromat. Time killer games on mobile never really clicked with me, so this is my new sickness. If I had arcade anywhere as a child I would probably have gone skeleton.

I totally agree, the more the arcade library grows on the Switch, the more I will use it. I recently just bought an Atomiswave, mainly for Dolphin Blue and yeah using arcade hardware feels really good to use. Having good ports of these games on the Switch is just a dream.

Jockel

Did I remember correctly that those games were planned to support PS4 arcade sticks? Did anyobody test it yet? I have a HRAP 4 VLX waiting for action.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Regarding the bolded, some audiences can be really concentrated on some platforms.
Rayman Legends and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed sold more on WiiU than PS3 and 360 after all, despite the userbase difference.
Yup, retro/style games in general sale alot,

Neff

Question...why is SNK showing the Switch so much love? Not that I'm complaining–just genuinely curious. It seems kinda random?

While relatively niche, Neo Geo was very popular in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is doing some of the work in getting these games to Switch for this reason. They're timeless, tons of fun, and a perfect fit for Switch because...

Two player out of the box too.

This too. A huge majority of Neo Geo games are built around two players.

AmyS

What about traditional side scrolling shmups?

I wish we could have Last Resort, Pulstar and Blazing Star on Switch.

Moofers

I'll eat my words griping about $8 and buy up a port of Aero Fighters 2 if they bring it. I need me some dolphin/ninja team!

Garou on Switch is awesome! Would love to see the Real Bout series in the future and also AoF1 and 2. Never played Galaxy Fight so I'm hyped for that also! Neo Geo going in on the Switch, love it!

jackal27

Banned
I was really hoping we were going to get the version of Garou: Mark of Wolves with online multiplayer, but I'm kind of losing hope now...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ok i have all games i care for

Metal slug 3
Kof 98
Neo turf masters
Blazing star
Garou mark of the wolves.

Thats it

Protome

Garou on Switch? finally I can throw my Vita away.
Not really but it has been the only thing I've been playing on my Vita recently.

Ok i have all games i care for

Metal slug 3
Kof 98
Neo turf masters
Blazing star
Garou mark of the wolves.

Thats it

Sounds to me like you need an introduction to Money Puzzle Exchanger.

Memory

So i just downloaded Samurai Showdown 4 (just as awesome as i remembered it), 1 coin challenge is new right? I don't recall seeing it in the other games, also this seems to be the first game with the violence option on by default.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Garou on Switch? finally I can throw my Vita away.
Not really but it has been the only thing I've been playing on my Vita recently.

Sounds to me like you need an introduction to Money Puzzle Exchanger.
Tried that game didnt really click with me.
Magical drop 3 was better imo.
But for puzzling on the switch i am getting tetris vs puyopuyo
So don't really want that.

Also no more fighting games i care for.

RedBoot

I like how they're releasing these in total batshit order.

I'm actually legit happy about that. Better than having to wait through the usual Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, etc, early releases. Later NG games rarely get the chance to shine.

Though it's weird for the KOF series in particular. 98, then 94, and I guess 99 is next?

thatJohann

So i just downloaded Samurai Showdown 4 (just as awesome as i remembered it), 1 coin challenge is new right? I don't recall seeing it in the other games, also this seems to be the first game with the violence option on by default.

Ohh is there a violence setting for king of fighters 98?

Top Bottom