• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

elohel

Picked this up for a really good price.
wGnnZi5l.jpg

what is this? lol it looks nice but

what is it a mic? what are the highlights?

Nakazato

My favorite and best pick up of the year. Now to start studying for CCNA Security, and eventually CCNA Wireless.

Thanks! I really can't express how happy it makes me to know I achieved this. A year ago, I didn't think that I had it in me.

Honestly, I didn't even consider doing Comptia. Less than two years ago, I was a 31 year old with a dead end job and no IT experience. I enrolled at my local community college and took some Cisco classes. With those classes under my belt, I set the goal to be CCNA certified "one day". With on semester to go, I decided to finally go for it over the summer. I wanted to get the CCNA more than I want my college degree. It feels great to be certified before I even graduated. I put resumes out last weekend, and I already had three responses. Certs really do help!

I'm sorry if this comes off as bragging...My advice to anyone going for CCNA; if I can do it, (a guy with no IT background), then with the dedication and discipline to study, anyone can do it.

Congrats. I'm in the same boat as you were/are in. But a little younger in a dead end career with a degree that can't get me a job. I just want to say thanks for the inspiration. I think I might go back to school and make a better life for myself.

Some D&D classic reprints. AD&D 1st Edition...

...AD&D 2nd Edition and D&D 3.5 Edition

Clockwise from Dragon Age:
1.) Rise of the Runelords Collector's Edition (Pathfinder Roleplaying Game)
2.) Visions of WAR: The Art of Wayne Reynolds signed limited edition 81/500
3.) Warhammer 40,000: Tau Empire limited edition codex

Contents of Rise of the Runelords. Imitation leather book with player handout inserts, and 15 prints of artwork by Wayne Reynolds.

And last but not least...

I, Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz,
do hereby condemn the planet of (unintelligible) Prime
to the sanction of Exterminatus.

By this act, I deem the aforementioned world beyond redemption through taint, corruption,
daemonic infestation or heresy. It's population is to be considered absolved in death.
May the Emperorprotect the souls of those condemned by this action.
Theirs is a necessary sacrifice that Mankind may endure.

Thought for the day: Death is our final offering to the Emperor.

Contents of Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse Collector's Edition

Macsta

Just had my 30th bday party. Here's the cake my wife organised:

1184826_10152419822480639_2064928775_n.jpg

1001564_10152419601910639_807065899_n.jpg

1175175_10152419826545639_1088327936_n.jpg

And here's the bed I just bought for my son:

This bed has its own remote that triggers the "car" to make music, engine noises and the lights to light up.
1208815_10152421669535639_1771337380_n.jpg

Gamble

My favorite and best pick up of the year. Now to start studying for CCNA Security, and eventually CCNA Wireless.

CONGRATZ!!!

I need to get started on studying for this, heard it's a pain the prep for if you don't have the proper study materials is that true?

Just had my 30th bday party. Here's the cake my wife organised:

And here's the bed I just bought for my son:

This bed has its own remote that triggers the "car" to make music, engine noises and the lights to light up.

Holy cow, were there M&Ms in the center of that cake? Never seen that before.

Also, I want a race car bed and I'm 27.

Carnby

Congrats. I'm in the same boat as you were/are in. But a little younger in a dead end career with a degree that can't get me a job. I just want to say thanks for the inspiration. I think I might go back to school and make a better life for myself.

Thanks! If I can do it, then you can do it. It's not easy, but if you want it enough, you will make it happen.

CONGRATZ!!!

I need to get started on studying for this, heard it's a pain the prep for if you don't have the proper study materials is that true?

Well with the new CCNA being revamped after Sept 30, I can tell you what I used, but you will want to seek out the updated material. I used:

CCNA in 60 Days. It's light on the content, but it provides great structure for studying. This book can provide a good foundation.

Todd Lammle's CCNA: a great read. In depth info written in everyday language.

Boson practice tests: a must. Boson perfectly simulates a real CCNA exam.

Packet Tracer: (or any lab simulator), another must. You have to know the commands. Reading them is not enough. Applying them is the best way to learn.

Flashcards/CCNA phone apps: make flash cards with each chapter you read. Read the flash cards every day. This way you are still studying the day one's material even while your on day 55.

CCNA info is not like riding a bike. Unless you practice it, you will forget. That's why I highly recommend flashcards.

Finally, study every single day for 2 hours a day. You can't go into this halfhearted. I hope that helps! :)

isual

Thanks! If I can do it, then you can do it. It's not easy, but if you want it enough, you will make it happen.

Well with the new CCNA being revamped after Sept 30, I can tell you what I used, but you will want to seek out the updated material. I used:

CCNA in 60 Days. It's light on the content, but it provides great structure for studying. This book can provide a good foundation.

Todd Lammle's CCNA: a great read. In depth info written in everyday language.

Boson practice tests: a must. Boson perfectly simulates a real CCNA exam.

Packet Tracer: (or any lab simulator), another must. You have to know the commands. Reading them is not enough. Applying them is the best way to learn.

Flashcards/CCNA phone apps: make flash cards with each chapter you read. Read the flash cards every day. This way you are still studying the day one's material even while your on day 55.

CCNA info is not like riding a bike. Unless you practice it, you will forget. That's why I highly recommend flashcards.

Finally, study every single day for 2 hours a day. You can't go into this halfhearted. I hope that helps! :)

Was this self study or did you have to take classes as well ?

LostAnkh

what is this? lol it looks nice but

what is it a mic? what are the highlights?
Yes, it is a mic, the Samson Meteor Mic.

It's Studio grade mic, so background noise is killed off. And the best part is that it's very small which is good if you don't have a lot of space for bigger mics (Blue Yeti). I also gotta mention that the price is good for a mic like this.

I got one of those recently as well, has made a world of difference to my voice for podcasts and such. Went with it over a Blue Yeti thanks to the price.
A friend of mine got one and highly recommended it to me, which I considered for some time while looking over the Yeti. I chose this one because it was on sale ($54.99) and the size of the mic was perfect for my desk, compared to the Blue Yeti.

It's a VERY good, budget friendly mic. I would recommend this to anyone who's upgrading from regular headsets or $5 mics from Wal-Mart.

Chairhome

Cross post from Disney Infinity thread. Surprised there aren't more DI posts in here.
9542957562_22ed8ce14d.jpg

This doesn't show my 2nd half of the day acquisitions, including the villians 3 pack, Francesco, more power discs and the power disc album. Expensive franchise to start.

urge26

Congrats.... just finished renewing my CCNP-Voice myself. Breather for another 3 years :)

Got some more stuff :D

Black 3DS XL, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Wii Classic Controller Pro are gifts from my wife :)

9548411783_b47e414d44_c.jpg

9551201342_0e60b4263d_c.jpg

Some Club Nintendo stuff... and more games...

9551200840_48a74168dc_c.jpg

9551200180_181b5b4b4b_c.jpg

9452437803_e08e4bced8_c.jpg

9452437611_18a775f1a3_c.jpg

Month isn't over yet, I still have more games coming soon and few pre-orders for this month, if only I had time to play it all lol

kierwynn

I've been out of town for the past 2 weeks, so there was a nice little pile of things waiting for me when I got home yesterday.

jnZOXIS.jpg

Tales of Xillia Collectors Edition, Sword of Etheria, Ni No Kuni, and the first two volumes of Karneval in English. I also just bought Atelier Totori+ since it was on sale. I really need to see about a bigger vita memory card.

LadyRiven

1308-Blu1_zps7e57cddf.jpg

-I got the remaining 2 movies I needed from the previous wave of Disney Blus, Oliver & Company (my favorite Disney movie!), and the Muppet Movie from Amazon.
I got the 4 Disney Movie Club Exclusive sets from eBay all new & sealed (plus they were cheaper than they are for DMC members!).

I also finally got a new media shelf for my living room to hold all my modern games and Blu-Rays. :D

Did you get the DMC exclusives from that new seller that's actually an official Disney shop? (Username is WeLoveMovies23 or something like that...) I bought Goof Troop vol. 1 and they accidentally sent me Gargoyles. The good news is they let me keep Gargoyles and still sent me Goof Troop! I didn't realize you could already get vol. 2 of Goof Troop as well, so I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Shengar

I'll post some of loot fron this month+July since I just joined recently

Ordered FEA artbook from cdjapan, and sure they delivered it fast! I thought it will take a month to arrive but it suprisingly appared at my front door two weeks later. As for my impression, I'm really satissfied with Yuusuke Kozaki arts, really worth the price even though the last 100 pages are text only. Intelligent System hire the right man for their game.
Then I bought a 3DS XL Pikachu limted edition and Ace Combat:AHL that was on sale. Even though my old black 3DS still functioning just fine, I still bought the Pikachu Edition because my friend of mine want buy it.
Last there is SMT IV LE from pre-orders and a cheap swiss army watch.

And here my good from August:
Kuzunoha Raidou D-Arts, I have to lean it on wall because the cape put off the balance and it didn't come with personal stand. But still cool regardless.

Gaming loot from this month. I bought DW8 just now because I've too much expense on last month (yes that Pikachu 3DS XL), and have yet to play it.
Then there is EOIV which I actually ordered from Play-Asia in July but just arrived at my home in early August. I swear my Devil Survivor 2 copy arrived faster than that.
My ToX is a pre-order copy but it arrived one week later after the official release because a big holiday in my country delayed it. Haven't put much hour on it.
TLoU actually bought by my brother. I didn't really interested but I might let my friend play it for me since my brother is pretty busy.
Last is 3DS Hori card case. Nothing to say much about this except that for now only the front row that filled by game carts.

Didn't planned to buy many books this month but ended with these all. I actually ordered Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 3 artbook but it still not here. Meanwhile, The Prince and Snow Crash that I ordered much later arrived earlier at my house. Damn I should ordered it from the same store.

Carnby

Congrats.... just finished renewing my CCNP-Voice myself. Breather for another 3 years :)

Wow! I took a class in CCNP routing and found that to be very challenging. I assume you have real experience in network engineering. Congrats to you too.

Top Bottom