• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyFaster

If star tropics is true I'm going to be angry. What a waste to put Retro on that trash.

Seriously, someone said god of war with yoyos? That's fucking stupid.

GRW810

Please tell me you guys aren't actually considering the possibility that any of what this guy claimed is true?

His 'leaks' are vague and ludicrous nonsense, and in just over 30 hours he's going to be sitting at his computer laughing that he 'got GAF', even though anyone in their right mind called this out as BS from day one.

How about this for an inside scoop? After tomorrow we'll never hear from this guy again.

Soriku

I'm sitting here now with a bit over a day to go until my moment of truth/Gaf judgement day arrives. When someone is in my spot, you'd expect them to say they're scared shitless and nervous. Oddly enough, I'm not either one of those. I am calm, and confident in what I wrote. I'm still standing by everything completely and expect Tuesday to be redemption day for me.

I could elaborate completely on everything and leave everyone stunned. But, E3 for so many here is about surprises and I'm choosing to respect that. I could tell you the full titles for both 3D Mario and Smash 4 right now. But again you've all waited all year, and more patiently than in years past at that. You guys deserve seeing the titles of those games for yourselves, and the first trailers/footage of the games together as the reward for the wait and (mostly) patience. Ill say confidently here this is the E3 everyone's waited so long for. I could also detail and elaborate on both MS and Sony's pressers, but I won't, again because of the wonder of surprise. Without being super exact...brace yourselves really damn friggin hard for MS's presser in the morning and NO MATTER WHAT happens stand together as gamers that love their hobby. Stand up as a group and fight tor what you believe in and tell Microsoft NO. Sony's will be the stuff dreams are made of and after that presser is done, Microsoft will be totally irrelevant. Late tomorrow night will be an extremely jubilant party here after Sony. That's all I can say without turning up my hot seat I'm in even more.

This whole way through, I have been consistent and have not flip flopped on what I've said. I have been kind and respectful to all who PM'd me and I answered every last person who took time to write me.

During my time here on Gaf, I have used my account mostly appropriately and for the most part have treated most everyone here with respect. I understand what's at stake, and I'm definitely not trying to suicide or throw away my account. These Gaf accounts are hard to get!!

Finally, despite my personal love/hate relationship for this forum, it's been mostly love-a dynamic community with all kinds of opinions and ideas that I've not seen in very many places. That's what makes this place so great. Tuesday will speak for itself, Ill be okay. If any of my 500 plus posts have ever offended anyone, I sincerely apologize for that-that was never my intent.

So, with that, have a great E3!!! I wanted to get this post in before everything gets upside down crazy in a few hours.

Is this Verendus' alt?

sphinx

the piano man
well, this thread is open and he hasn't been banned so mods are clearly giving him the benefit of doubt.

if retro announces its new game and it isn't startropics, I think this guy should receive some punishment, it's the only clear predicition I see here, everything else is more or less vague and meaningless.

Yeah, I don't believe that at all. A huge red flag is where he mentionns that you can play with traditional controls in Mario Wii U. No way.

I'm sitting here now with a bit over a day to go until my moment of truth/Gaf judgement day arrives. When someone is in my spot, you'd expect them to say they're scared shitless and nervous. Oddly enough, I'm not either one of those. I am calm, and confident in what I wrote. I'm still standing by everything completely and expect Tuesday to be redemption day for me.

I could elaborate completely on everything and leave everyone stunned. But, E3 for so many here is about surprises and I'm choosing to respect that. I could tell you the full titles for both 3D Mario and Smash 4 right now. But again you've all waited all year, and more patiently than in years past at that. You guys deserve seeing the titles of those games for yourselves, and the first trailers/footage of the games together as the reward for the wait and (mostly) patience. Ill say confidently here this is the E3 everyone's waited so long for. I could also detail and elaborate on both MS and Sony's pressers, but I won't, again because of the wonder of surprise. Without being super exact...brace yourselves really damn friggin hard for MS's presser in the morning and NO MATTER WHAT happens stand together as gamers that love their hobby. Stand up as a group and fight tor what you believe in and tell Microsoft NO. Sony's will be the stuff dreams are made of and after that presser is done, Microsoft will be totally irrelevant. Late tomorrow night will be an extremely jubilant party here after Sony. That's all I can say without turning up my hot seat I'm in even more.

This whole way through, I have been consistent and have not flip flopped on what I've said. I have been kind and respectful to all who PM'd me and I answered every last person who took time to write me.

During my time here on Gaf, I have used my account mostly appropriately and for the most part have treated most everyone here with respect. I understand what's at stake, and I'm definitely not trying to suicide or throw away my account. These Gaf accounts are hard to get!!

Finally, despite my personal love/hate relationship for this forum, it's been mostly love-a dynamic community with all kinds of opinions and ideas that I've not seen in very many places. That's what makes this place so great. Tuesday will speak for itself, Ill be okay. If any of my 500 plus posts have ever offended anyone, I sincerely apologize for that-that was never my intent.

So, with that, have a great E3!!! I wanted to get this post in before everything gets upside down crazy in a few hours.

So you know the full details of what is going to be shown at live Sony/Microsoft conferences, and Nintendo's pre-recorded footage? Okay, tell me where you work? Or at least your position?

Do you also happen to know what Apple is going to show at WWDC tomorrow? Oh it's something revolutionary, and you don't know to ruin the surprise eh?

GRW810

The biggest red flag is the fanboy writing style, describing content of a Direct weeks before it was probably filmed, and discussing ideas and intentions as if he is in the mind of Iwata and co.

MicH

Yeah, everything he spouted is coming from his ass. As usual.

That just means more excitement for tomorrow!

EDIT: Haha, HalfBakedProphet. So true

shaowebb

This poster actually sounds legit and conservative enough to believe. If what they said is right on Smash Bros though I am betting it will be one helluva hyped year leading into it because going all out on a huge roster is screaming fanservice.

Will I finally find a new main to replace my Ganondorf/Ness mains?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well he certainly said some very specific things that can easily be fact checked in one or 2 days.

This poster actually sounds legit and conservative enough to believe.

not saying he's not legit, but I think most of us that have seen a few e3s could make up some bullshit and show some restraint to make it sound plausible but still get fans all hot and bothered.

Mokaman51

Neo Member
From bh7812's Mario section:
I know the exact title of the latest adventure

SuperMarioAdventure.com, it redirects to the mario.Nintendo.com page. I researched on whois.net and found the domain (owned by Nintendo America) was made in 2010, the year Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released, just like he said it started development soon after Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released...

nesboy43

Banned
As a fan of Star Tropics I would be really happy if there was a new one coming out, however it would have to be in 2D, be really challenging, and the story of the 2nd game was so ridiculous that they might have to disregard that game, that is unless they want to embrace that sillyness.

One of the other classic Nintendo games made with an American audience in mind is Punch Out, so Star Tropics does have a chance. Star Tropics was not released in Japan though. However, let me be clear that if this turns out to be false (which it most likely will) all this guy is doing is giving fans of a long-gone older Nintendo franchise false hope and disappointment.

What kind of career in the game or journalism industry would give you access to all 3 company's press conferences? Companies like this make their employees sign NDAs for a reason and I doubt anyone would risk their job security for a game forum. It wouldn't even surprise me if the different developers of Nintendo have no idea what certain other teams are doing. As other posters have stated, things like "New Mario" and "New Zelda" are all too vague to be considered insider information. Furthermore both have already been confirmed to be in production as well as Mario Kart Wii U. Every Zelda game in recent years fits his description. In both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword's very early development in interviews Nintendo kept saying that they wanted to have a mix of having the game feeling fresh and classic and also to have the game more open world instead of the usual over world to dungeon method.

That post from today saying "we will know in a few hours" doesn't make sense to me, last time I checked the Nintendo Direct video is set to be released at 7am on Tuesday 6/11, not today (6/10). Another red flag for me is the "possible Wii U price cut". I don't see how someone could know everything being shown at these seperate company's press conferences, yet Nintendo's video that has already been filmed, edited, and finalized by now didn't tell him if there was a price cut or not.

If this stuff does turn out to be true that would be great and I appreciate the guy trying to inform the fanbase, but at this point I will remain doubtful.

Murrah

Banned
Honestly, as fake as it all sounded Mario Retroverse U is what should have really tipped y'all off. Sounds like some kind of e3 fan fiction writing contest

Darryl

Banned
Honestly, as fake as it all sounded Mario Retroverse U is what should have really tipped y'all off. Sounds like some kind of e3 fan fiction writing contest

wouldn't it be funny. the 2d series is the one they call "New" and the 3d one is "Retro".

Trike

I remember the good old E3s of yore when we would all wait for all of the hubbub of the presentations to end just so we could read the titles of newly announce video games. I still do ignore all of the conferences and just open up a text file from a daredevil friend who watched the E3 presentations days later. Let me tell you this: there has not been a day where my dick was as hard as it was when I scrolled down the text file and read the title "Metal Gear Rising Revegeance".

So I thank you sir, as my cock will tremble with excitement until three days past the morrow, as I will finally receive the text file that I have been so patient for. For there is no greater gift in life than finding out whether or not my new Smash Brother or Mario will contain a number or a subtitle.

RIP in peace.

I loled out loud

Don't worry, I didn't.

lPzgw.gif

PogiJones

Banned
I think the most incriminating thing is his prediction that Smash is aimed for Thanksgiving 2014, but might be pushed closer to Christmas. That's only a couple weeks difference. There's no way the release date is nailed down that specific, and even if it were, there's no way they could tell from a year and a half out that they're going to have to delay the game a couple of weeks. Even Sakurai--who is probably one of the only people intimate enough with the whole of the project to get any sense of how far along they are--couldn't know, "Whoops, we're going to finish the game two weeks later than expected."

Gotta give the guy props for going out on a limb and making some very specific predictions, though. If you're gonna lose your account to bad predictions, that's the way to do it, I suppose.

EDIT:
Why is everyone so pissed over this. He is either right and I'm sure none of the people dissing is gonna apologize at all. If he is wrong he will be banned and there will be a new day after that, and another after that. :)
I haven't read the whole thread, but who's so pissed? It just seems everyone is extremely dismissive, and sure he's wrong. I guess there are a few that have said they hope all his accounts get banned if he's an alt, but that just seems like common sense to me, not a pissed off attitude. If someone's putting out false rumors, you want them gone, and just as you said, there will be a new day after that.

What has this guy said about Sony? What is he claiming? I'm looking through your post history but can't really find anything...

Chittagong

Gold Member
I just feel sad for the OP, it reminds me of myself as a 8 year old kid, imagining I work at Nintendo and making shit up of my dream games. Fortunately internet wasn't around then.

This thread kind of reminds me of this one here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55845

Starting at post #37.

In summary:

A guy posted some info 3 years ago he had on Midway making an Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics game. Another person posted that it was complete bullshit and mocked the original poster.

3 years later, today, Midway announces a Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics game. The original poster of this info comes back to GAF and bumps the 3 year old thread to call out the guy who said he was full of it.

What's even more hilarious is the original guy only had 14 posts on GAF, and hadn't posted in the three years since the initial thread. And, after bumping the thread to show he was right, hasn't posted since.

Absolutely hilarious.

ReaperXL7

lol seriously, why do all of this only to have your account nuked when stuff turns out to be a lie? whats the point in even signing up if your just going to suicide your account?

The posts he make are so vague it's not even worth reading. You don't want to spoil the conferences? Sure. Whatever. Naming the exact titles of Mario and smash would go a long way to not getting yourself banned. Or you can pm me all the spoilers for all the shows. Promise I won't post them. But I bet you know just as much as everyone reading the Sony and ms conference threads so you won't.

Vinci

Danish
basically that Sony's conference is going to slay MS's because MS's conference will be a flop

Actually, it sounds like he's saying that MS's press conference will be good... that everyone will have to be strong and resist what MS shows, say NO, and just wait for Sony to come in for the rescue.

Something along those lines anyway.

DaBoss

That really reads like a "last post".

There is also the fact he says he can say stuff, but he won't is like teasing. He can go all out for all we care and if he gets it right, he is the anti-ninja prophet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom