• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Star Tropics sounds dope, pretty funny thing for people to be hoping against since it can go in so many different directions. It will essentially be a new IP with the only restrictions being that it must be at least partially open world and it must have a tropical theme.

And aliens and quirky shit like that

Volotaire

38 hours until we find out if he's right! I'm rooting for you pal!

Oh yeh forgot about this.

EDIT: the rumour was quite vague in the first part, it was like anyone could guess it.

It's the second part that is the decider. I still don't believe in Start Tropics U.

Also why would they call it Retroverse, and then an add a U in the title.

Volotaire

Don't worry, I didn't.

popcorn_2.gif

Sorian

Banned
Don't worry, I didn't.

Aw shit!

Edit: Do prophets get tags?

Oh yeh forgot about this.

EDIT: the rumour was quite vague in the first part, it was like anyone could guess it.

It's the second part that is the decider. I still don't believe in Start Tropics U.

Really? You're talking about nintendo here. "Oh its for the Nintendo 64? Add a 64 to the end of the game's title. Oh, it's for the super nintendo? Slap the word super on the front. Wi U game? U it up!"

Hattori

Banned
a part of me wants to believe he does have sources and that his sources were fed misinformation to weed out potential leakers, but another part of me...

family-guy-good-good-o.gif

Volotaire

Aw shit!

Edit: Do prophets get tags?

Really? You're talking about nintendo here. "Oh its for the Nintendo 64? Add a 64 to the end of the game's title. Oh, it's for the super nintendo? Slap the word super on the front. Wi U game? U it up!"

Not on their flagship 3D mario games since Sunshine.

Sorian

Banned
Not on their flagship 3D mario games since Sunshine.

So, basically, just not galaxy? Sunshine was on the gamecube and I don't think a marketing genius could have worked that name into the name of the game. But yeah, Wii would have been an easy edition to the galaxy name, maybe they were trying to forget the crappy name they picked just like I was.

Pikma

Banned
a part of me wants to believe he does have sources and that his sources were fed misinformation to weed out potential leakers, but another part of me...

family-guy-good-good-o.gif
You could probably write an incoherent gibberish sentence with that gif at the end and it would still crack me up every time.

Neiteio

Eh, if he really cared about losing his GAF account, he would've fessed up by now. Clearly he doesn't care. You sadistic types looking forward to his ban will all have to find more fulfilling pursuits in life, lol.

Volotaire

So, basically, just not galaxy? Sunshine was on the gamecube and I don't think a marketing genius could have worked that name into the name of the game. But yeah, Wii would have been an easy edition to the galaxy name, maybe they were trying to forget the crappy name they picked just like I was.

I just think they won't do it. On mario Kart games or Sports games, maybe. But for flagship titles that era has kind of sailed.

Oh they believed in the name. they believe in this name. i wouldn't be surprised if Mario kart 8 is mario kart u. It's just odd calling it a subtitle (retroverse) and then U, there's two unrelated subtitles there, (to each other).

Eh, if he really cared about losing his GAF account, he would've fessed up by now. Clearly he doesn't care. You sadistic types looking forward to his ban will all have to find more fulfilling pursuits in life, lol.

I'm starting to think he might be right, his other posts have been for this idea. Why would anyone suicide their account when they have been using it appropriately for other causes?

Watashiwa

Uh. Check again. It's not the final title, it was one of the PROPOSED titles he says. Posting that one is a clue as to what the final title is. In this case, probably "Universe".

Well, I'm now more hyped for Nintendo at E3 than I was before, but that just involves being moderately curious as to what will happen rather than uncaring. Star Tropics could be interesting if real.

Volotaire

Uh. Check again. It's not the final title, it was one of the PROPOSED titles he says. Posting that one is a clue as to what the final title is.

In this case, probably "Universe"

Damn you're right. Then it's Start Tropics that's is the decider. Everything in that post other than that is speculation.

Sorian

Banned
does this prophet need to get everything right, or just one big one like the star tropics thing?

I think getting the star tropics thing right would validate him even if everything else was wrong. That's my opinion at least. Everything else was just kind of vague musings but that one thing will be his make or break.
I only hope he is wrong because that seems like a shitty franchise

I think getting the star tropics thing right would validate him even if everything else was wrong. That's my opinion at least. Everything else was just kind of vague musings but that one thing will be his make or break.
I only hope he is wrong because that seems like a shitty franchise

so even if star tropics gets a mention at all it would count? What if its not Retro handling it?

Volotaire

"As of right now, Retro, 3D Mario, kart, Smash, trailers for X and Yoshi..all 100 percent sure to be in that direct."

This is probably the stuff to focus on.

Not really, that's obvious.

3D Mario/Smash/Kart confirmed already

Retro strongly rumored.

X and yoshi will have more showtime I'm sure. X is far in development.

Sorian

Banned
so even if star tropics gets a mention at all it would count? What if its not Retro handling it but is instead Itoi?

Nah, it would have to be retro. Honestly though, it getting mentioned might be validation enough because who would honestly think this franchise would get a revival/reboot? But no, I'd say official word would have to be retro doing it.

blackflag

If he gets star tropics right he should be fine. No way he could have guessed that so someone told him something. If that one is wrong though...off with his head because the rest could be guessed.

Darryl

Banned
Damn you're right. Then it's Start Tropics that's is the decider. Everything in that post other than that is speculation.

Super Smash Bros. 4...As promised by Mr. Iwata and Reggie, it will finally be unveiled during this Direct. What you're about to see is...odd. How to describe...there will be an unveil trailer, and during this trailer a few characters in the. Roster will be announced. All the others are black shadowy silhouettes. You should get a good idea who some of them are, others will be "Who the hell's that supposed to be!?"

this is not speculation, he claims to have seen the full produced trailer. if there are not black shadowy silhouettes that are meant to leave you guessing after the trailer is finished, dude is full of shit

If he gets star tropics right he should be fine. No way he could have guessed that so someone told him something. If that one is wrong though...off with his head because the rest could be guessed.

people have been speculating loudly about star tropics for a year now. it isn't some pulled out of the hat idea. someone could easily have guessed that

Lasdrub

The information he gives, expect for Startropics title, is very vague. I mean very vague.

I guess you could call out on Mariokart.

The specifics I will personally look for are the Smash Bros. trailer as described, Mario Kart being the same old Mario Kart without any new crazy ideas, Mario having some retro element we haven't seen before in a 3D Mario and maybe Wart, and Star Tropics announced as being developed by Rare.

I certainly wouldn't want to decide if he is telling the truth or not. It is a difficult task.

Watashiwa

this is not speculation, he claims to have seen the full produced trailer. if there are not black shadowy silhouettes that are meant to leave you guessing after the trailer is finished, dude is full of shit

I don't agree. A company that wants to keep its secrets but hint at everything almost certainly would black out characters during an announcement trailer. That's an easy guess.

Darryl

Banned
I don't agree. A company that wants to keep its secrets but hint at everything almost certainly would black out characters during an announcement trailer. That's an easy guess.

has there been a Smash trailer yet where they show character silhouettes without officially unveiling them?

Gorillaz

If he gets star tropics right then he should be cool. That is such an obscure enough rumor that if it happens he deserves partial credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom