• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

As usual, if this turns out to be false, then that person will no longer be a member. We really don't tolerate insider fakes.

Kusagari

The most believable thing on there is Mario Kart Wii U being a souped up MK7.

Especially if it comes out this fall.

star tropics is like kid icarus or murasame castle where it sounds like a character-driven franchise that could be revived as a hardcore series after decades with no need to adhere to established gameplay traditions, thus freeing nintendo to do something new. it doesn't matter if the original game was that great or popular to the person requesting it.

except kid icarus was like ten times more popular and requested than those other two series combined, so

Lkr

As usual, if this turns out to be false, then that person will no longer be a member. We really don't tolerate insider fakes.

but if it ends up being real, the meltdown of star tropics u and retroverse would be too good

Retro Mario 3D?!!

nKqF6de.gif

UberTag

StarTropics U, eh? Will we need to dab the GamePad screen with water to reveal a secret code at some point?

Nothing in there sounds that implausible to my ears, but I don't believe for a second that anyone with access to that level of information would violate an NDA so flagrantly.

emb

Wow, ridiculously fake. Like... wow.

We'll see though I guess. I wouldn't complain if it were all true.

jgmo870

Banned
2. Mario....wow is everyone in for a really huge treat with this!!![...]Development began on Wii

4. Mario Kart U....this mighta changed but last impression I got from it is its basically a souped up Mario Kart 7...literally.

I could believe these.

Rocwell

Here's why I hate rumor mongering..some people who do get inside info are in fact correct but this stuff can change daily, hell hourly and if that happens then you have egg on your face. Look at Retro last year. That trailer was in the actual presentation schedule and got pulled at the last possible moment. That's why this rumor stuff can be so shaky. Some of us try to be generous and if it changes on a dime you're left in a bad spot. As of right now, Retro, 3D Mario, kart, Smash, trailers for X and Yoshi..all 100 percent sure to be in that direct. If any mod has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM. As of this hour I can stand by my statements.
This really needs to be bolded in the OP lol

VertPin

Well, Zelda U better go with the look that the E3 Demo had! and not be hand holding easy and please no tutorial bs like fi

Arozay

Regarding Smash Bros...in the trailer, with the silhouette stuff, the camera is flying down an open space with the characters standing on the sides. There's a LOT if characters this time. Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. They're wanting to do a Dojo type thing again since the last time was received very well.

Really targeting that feudal audience, first with the system specs, now this.

the only type of retro style 3d mario i'd accept would be one where everything is tan and red and black like super mario bros. 3, and everything is cel shaded and modeled to look like it's some old timey cartoon

joedick

Never believe Nintendo rumors a few weeks before E3. They've never been right.

Before the Wii launched there were so many rumors from supposed insiders about the controller. None of them were right. Nobody anticipated the remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom