• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

G303 mouse
28101254972_5931acd0b0_z.jpg

Justinh

G303 mouse
28101254972_5931acd0b0_z.jpg
I've been using this mouse for a few months now and I absolutely love it. Never thought I'd find a mouse that I loved as much as my G9, although my grip has changed a tiny bit after I got used to it. I got a G900 a little later on and the idea was to use that for desktop use and the G303 for gaming, but I've just been all in on the G303.

There's a huge thread on overclock about it and a lot of people are complaining about sensor rattle, though. I guess you should make sure yours doesn't have it before it's too late to return it and get another one.

Oddleaf

Neo Member
Started collecting Board Games, went a bit crazy this month and two more on the way.
4R1Cssml.jpg

The World of the Witcher - Deluxe Limited Edition
u3xYwyCl.jpg

The Art of Uncharted 4 - Limited Edition
UYonNzIl.jpg

I've been using this mouse for a few months now and I absolutely love it. Never thought I'd find a mouse that I loved as much as my G9, although my grip has changed a tiny bit after I got used to it. I got a G900 a little later on and the idea was to use that for desktop use and the G303 for gaming, but I've just been all in on the G303.

There's a huge thread on overclock about it and a lot of people are complaining about sensor rattle, though. I guess you should make sure yours doesn't have it before it's too late to return it and get another one.
Thanks for the head's up. I'll check out the thread and scrutinize the sensor.

How are you liking it? It's currently on my shortlist.

I think it's terrific. It was actually an impulse purchase for me because Best Buy had it on sale for $24.99. Absolutely worth it at that price.

SCB3

Started collecting Board Games, went a bit crazy this month and two more on the way.

The World of the Witcher - Deluxe Limited Edition

The Art of Uncharted 4 - Limited Edition
[/QUOTE]

Where are those Limited Edition books from? I love that Witcher 1

Justinh

Thanks for the head's up. I'll check out the thread and scrutinize the sensor.

I think it's terrific. It was actually an impulse purchase for me because Best Buy had it on sale for $24.99. Absolutely worth it at that price.

Yeah, it's like... 6 hundred something pages long and I read through half of it before ending up ordering it back in april. 25 clams is a steal, great find.

Basically if you hold your fingers on the buttons and gently shake it, you'd clearly hear it if you have a problem. I haven't, but there were so many posts of people who say they did. Just good to be aware, I guess.

Best thing I saw from that thread was this when someone opened theirs up.
"STFU"

meppi

Two pickups that I'm really happy with arrived today.

E6F8iFk.jpg

I already have The Chaser twice on DVD (one English and one Dutch), but I never found it on Bluray, so I finally grabbed a French version.
Gonna rip it to a lossless MKV file, remove the French and insert English+Dutch subtitles from my DVD releases. :D
One of my favourite movies of this decennium.

Edit: And naturally when I try to play the film on any of my Bluray devices, it won't boot up and I get an unreadable disc error, even after trying to clean it with a microfiber cloth even though the disc looks fine. Seems like I got a bad copy. :(

edit2:
I didn't know Alienation got a physical release. Is that a code inside or a disc?
Ah sorry, didn't see the reply.

It's indeed the Asian release. For it from https://heavy-arm.com/en/ for $24
And it does have a disc inside, so no lame download code. ;)

I don't know if this counts as a pick-up, but this morning I was helping my girlfriend move stuff out of her mom's basement - we're moving to a new apartment and have decided to settle down here in Toronto, so we were finally getting out all of the "put that away and we'll use it someday" stuff - and we came across a box of stuff from her childhood in Japan. A box that included:

superfam.jpg

Original Super Famicom, in box, with about twenty games, each in box! The real gems are Yoshi's Island, Tetris Battle Gaiden, Super Tetris 3 (??), Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3, and a Ranma 1/2 fighter. Also a bunch of other random anime games that a kid at the time would have liked, like 3 Doraemon games, etc. Looking forward to getting it up and running, just need to track down a power converter for Japanese electronics, haha.

Galdius

I arrived today from New York and I bought a lot of new stuff.
I'm one game away from the 1850 mark and I'm missing 49 games for the N64 fullset.

I had a list of N64 games that I wanted CIB for my collection and so I decided to buy every game that I still wanted CIB.
It wasn't cheap but at least I found a collector selling his collection on a forum and it was cheaper than to buy everything on ebay.
Six of the games in the picture below I bought from this collector and the rest from ebay.

qVaOC0Al.jpg

I found the Star Wars game at Videogamesnewyork. I was after it for a long time but it's hard to find it CIB and it a nice condition. At least now I have it and it is sealed.
I also got online one NES game that I found interesting and 4 loose N64 games at another (expensive) store.

NH4yMKMl.jpg

And I also bought some current gen stuff.
Natural Doctrine was full price but since it's getting hard to find I decided to buy it.

cATLLNCl.jpg
SaQoHJcl.jpg

I don't know if this counts as a pick-up, but this morning I was helping my girlfriend move stuff out of her mom's basement - we're moving to a new apartment and have decided to settle down here in Toronto, so we were finally getting out all of the "put that away and we'll use it someday" stuff - and we came across a box of stuff from her childhood in Japan. A box that included:

superfam.jpg

Original Super Famicom, in box, with about twenty games, each in box! The real gems are Yoshi's Island, Tetris Battle Gaiden, Super Tetris 3 (??), Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3, and a Ranma 1/2 fighter. Also a bunch of other random anime games that a kid at the time would have liked, like 3 Doraemon games, etc. Looking forward to getting it up and running, just need to track down a power converter for Japanese electronics, haha.

Very nice! Great thing to come across in a basement.

Boke1879

I arrived today from New York and I bought a lot of new stuff.
I'm one game away from the 1850 mark and I'm missing 49 games for the N64 fullset.

I had a list of N64 games that I wanted CIB for my collection and so I decided to buy every game that I still wanted CIB.
It wasn't cheap but at least I found a collector selling his collection on a forum and it was cheaper than to buy everything on ebay.
Six of the games in the picture below I bought from this collector and the rest from ebay.

qVaOC0Al.jpg

I found the Star Wars game at Videogamesnewyork. I was after it for a long time but it's hard to find it CIB and it a nice condition. At least now I have it and it is sealed.
I also got online one NES game that I found interesting and 4 loose N64 games at another (expensive) store.

NH4yMKMl.jpg

And I also bought some current gen stuff.
Natural Doctrine was full price but since it's getting hard to find I decided to buy it.

cATLLNCl.jpg
SaQoHJcl.jpg

What forum on you on that you got those N64 games? I'm starting an N64 collection myself.

blazeaire

Sticker skin cover for one of my fav games this year and possibly ever <3
I don't have a New 3DS so couldn't get the cover plate but this is a nice alternative I think~
I think Hinoka should be in the bottom right instead of Azura to make it match more but I don't mind :3

Galdius

What forum on you on that you got those N64 games? I'm starting an N64 collection myself.

I got them on NintendoAge.
Good luck with your collection, the prices have risen a lot since I started collecting for it. Hopefully you can find some good deals.

SPCTRE

birthday swag!

the rim is a voucher for a full set which I'll go pick on Friday at the dealership - I am very hype

the mini fridge comes with a retractable handle and a 12V power adapter, but it's meant mostly for man cave purposes

Yazuka

Finally got around to take pictures of what I've gotten in both June and July. The Xenosaga box is a very early birthday present from a friend.

2016-07-13%20-%20June-July01.jpg

2016-07-13%20-%20June-July02.jpg

2016-07-13%20-%20Xenosaga%20limited.jpg

Ban Puncher

Super lame! Hopefully you had a good birthday despite that.

Not for a couple of weeks so birthday disappointment avoided.

Instead of Overwatch though, I have to play the 'Return The Faulty Product And Hope The Retailer Doesn't Make This A Pain In My Arse' game now.

Madds

Instead of Overwatch though, I have to play the 'Return The Faulty Product And Hope The Retailer Doesn't Make This A Pain In My Arse' game now.

Is there a way to "degauss" the monitor? Not sure if thats a valid thing to say about modern monitors, but the old CRTs used to have a similar issue that could be calibrated/fixed in the menu for the monitor.

Is there a way to "degauss" the monitor? Not sure if thats a valid thing to say about modern monitors, but the old CRTs used to have a similar issue that could be calibrated/fixed in the menu for the monitor.
No, this is a fault with the actual monitor construction. It's called backlight bleed. Also since this monitor is IPS, it is also susceptible to IPS glow which is not a fault really, it's inherent to IPS. IPS glow shouldn't be very visible from head on at a distance past 2 ft or so as it depends on the viewing angle.

Not sure if you want to dance around with this thing but people have had more success with the Acer Predator version of this monitor. Maybe you can check it out if this one doesn't go well for you.

I'd demand a replacement / refund as that would be classed as faulty good received. So in the UK at least your entitled to a replacement within 2 weeks (I think, someone might correct me on this time scale as its been a while since I had to use it)

Shirow

Banned
lVWCJVQ.jpg

Haven't had an Xbox in a long time. The deal was too good to pass up and I needed a console.
Got all this for 299 @ the Microsoft store.

Top Bottom