• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

IrishNinja

Quite possibly the coolest get of all time, $300 got me this:

Still surreal. Might make a thread for advice on how to make the most of it.

so, so awesome - OG Shinobi is a top 10 coin-op in my book, great one man!
you gotta post it in the Retro-GAF thread

I would do unspeakable things for that Space Channel 5 kit.

I'm also curious: where did you get the NMH1 & 2 sketches from? Bonuses with that print of Art of GHM?

yeah, StayFree had some amazing stuff there - the suzuki-signed shenmue, K7 etc but man i'd love that Beat figure!

Loakum

Banned
Finally got the Phantom Pain LE PS4.
fS1m7q9.jpg

The old launch console still works but was hunting for the new revision, this one caught my eyes since it was announced. Dead silent and absolutely gorgeous.
5EJuQAV.jpg

bB9l49F.jpg

wow! I long for the day when I can afford to get one too!

finalflame

JB Hifi still having a sale on Ghibli films, and I have little self-control. Also Mewtwo is too cool not to get 👍

Such a good movie. So good. Best Buy also recently had a sale on Ghibli films, and I wanted to go buy them all. Then I realized I own all of them. The struggle is real.

Such a good movie. So good. Best Buy also recently had a sale on Ghibli films, and I wanted to go buy them all. Then I realized I own all of them. The struggle is real.

I've ended up buying five so far, every time I go back there's another one I manage to justify buying. It's been wonderful re-watching some of the ones I saw when I was younger, understanding some of the concepts a little more than I did back then.

The Wind Rises was just a joy to see back when it was in cinemas.

My struggle is not rebuying the ones I already have on DVD. I don't *need* Blu Ray copies...

Quite possibly the coolest get of all time, $300 got me this:

Still surreal. Might make a thread for advice on how to make the most of it.

Congrats man, that's about how much my wife paid for my cab when she got it for my birthday a couple of years ago. I still play Vampire Savior on mine every week at least.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Cross posting from the fashion thread:

Just got done getting measured for my bespoke wedding suit. This is my first fully made-to-measure custom suit, and it's been an awesome experience so far.

Went to a boutique here in town owned and fully operated by one guy, who has owned the shop for decades, and been taking orders for longer than I've been alive.

First time I stepped in, he sat down with me and my fiancé for a good 45 minutes just asking about our wedding, how we met, our event space, what we'd like out of our outfits, her dress, our wedding party, our style, etc. Took us through hundreds of fabrics and we decided on one. He called it in to check price and got back to us a few days later... .... $3,500 for just the fabric - way out of my price range.

So we came back - were very forward that it was too much, and that we're sorry if we wasted his time; we weren't expecting *that* much. He said "no, no..." I just happened to pick out a very expensive fabric. We talked about our budget a bit, and he said he can "absolutely" make it work. So we spent another hour going through fabrics until I got down to just two - two very different options. One was a blue - not navy - but truly "blue" with a nice texture. The other was a little crazy - a dark black with a paisley shadow texture. It's unassuming from more than a few feet away; but up close? Looks so incredibly elegant. Seriously sharp. The black was a bit riskier - so he told us to go home and think about it, and he'd look into pricing. Well today we went back, and I said I loved the black - he agreed it was a great choice.

Next thing I know, he spent a solid two hours working with me and my wife-to-be exclusively; asking incoming customers to come back later. Walked through everything - lapels, buttons, pockets, lining, fit, measurements, etc, etc. Then onto shirt. Then onto shirt color - more fabrics. Onto tie. Onto what we eventually want for our bridal party. How to match, etc, etc. He then spent a solid ~20 minutes taking measurements in multiple poses.

... I've been working out for the last year, have gained a solid inch and a half on either bicep, and have lost about an inch-two inches in my waist. He asked me to come back every two weeks for a few minutes so that he can keep tracking measurements - and then we'll take final measurements in late January. Wedding is end of April.

Two piece suit - very "Tuxedo-esque" but with a much more modern and slim styling. Black with shadow texture. One button. No vents. Silver/grey paisley lining. Fabric buttons. Stark white shirt. Paisley, striped tie in ivory to match my future wife's dress. Matching pocket square. Pants black, small break, slim but not tight. Single right rear pocket.

Sure, it cost a pretty penny - a good bit more than my tailored off-the rack suits that I buy downtown for ~$500-$800. But I think I'm gonna be really happy with it.

Some teasers:

22256933608_d85db930ea_b.jpg

22431359692_a18c93a18c_b.jpg

22256938058_5600383b79_b.jpg

21821926954_bdb7d0e4f1_b.jpg

Justinh

Technically, these are August, September and October buys, haha. But anyways only 2 more to go!

I just bought 4 of those games just a few months ago. I feel I need to get more familiar with shooters or else I'll never be cool...lol. I still want to get Raiden IV...

Anyways, got me some Sak!
I loaned the Locke controller to my Pops. He'll bring it back. He just traded in the old black XONE controller I gave him and got himself a Master Chief one.
I think people can figure out what happened here...
My dad still has my old copy of Transformers: The Movie I think, and I couldn't find my copy of THPS3 so I bought another.

Oh yeah, this happened too.

I have an Xbox One ELITE controller arriving on Tuesday, too. I was getting Halo 5 limited, but I'm getting low on funds now so I cancelled it. I had to spend a little more than 1K at the vet for surgery for my younger cat (she's doing fine now, phew!) and that's a lot of money for me (I live on a fixed income).

Phatom edit: It really bothers me that the lines in my bamboo rug aren't aligned to the products...or I guess, vice versa.
Whatever, I'm not retaking them.

edit: Oh yeah. I bought Kid Icarus Uprising a while ago. It didn't come with the stand and that pissed me off because the item page was titled "Game with stand" or whatever.
I ordered a stand like, the day after I got it from nintendo's webstore. I just noticed earlier this month that now they come with the AR cards that I was missing, so I bought another stand.

finalflame

Finally joining the club. I've had my PS4 since launch, but Halo 5 and the desire to co-op with a friend across the country finally did it. Went all in.

Also have my Halo 5 digital pre-order on lock. Currently pre-loading. Looking forward to Scalebound and ReCore. Already loving Sunset Overdrive, even if the jaggies are pretty pronounced. The art style and on-point, self aware humor makes up for it though.

Any other exclusives recommendations, GAF? Keeping in mind I also have a PC.

The Flash

Banned

If you like fighting games then definitely Killer Instinct. You can try out a new character every week for free to get you started. It'll be on PC with crossplay/crossbuy in March as well. Rare Replay is a must have for anyone with a XB1 also.

finalflame

I've ended up buying five so far, every time I go back there's another one I manage to justify buying. It's been wonderful re-watching some of the ones I saw when I was younger, understanding some of the concepts a little more than I did back then.

The Wind Rises was just a joy to see back when it was in cinemas.

My struggle is not rebuying the ones I already have on DVD. I don't *need* Blu Ray copies...

But yet you and I both know you do need those Blu-Rays! Because the beautiful worlds in Ghibli movies deserve to be seen in glorious 1080p HD.

But yes, re-watching Ghibli movies is delightful. I'm up for re-watching Princess Mononoke, Howl's, and Totoro soon.

If you haven't seen it yet, this is a fantastic watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52raDbtNpa4

If you like fighting games then definitely Killer Instinct. You can try out a new character every week for free to get you started. It'll be on PC with crossplay/crossbuy in March as well. Rare Replay is a must have for anyone with a XB1 also.

Unfortunately not a fighting game fan, but actually now that you mention it I definitely have to pick up Rare Replay! That'll be my next pick-up.

lem0n

Finally joining the club. I've had my PS4 since launch, but Halo 5 and the desire to co-op with a friend across the country finally did it. Went all in.

Also have my Halo 5 digital pre-order on lock. Currently pre-loading. Looking forward to Scalebound and ReCore. Already loving Sunset Overdrive, even if the jaggies are pretty pronounced. The art style and on-point, self aware humor makes up for it though.

Do you like racing? Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6 are excellent!

haikira

Until Dawn: completed this the other night, and it was a blast. Played through it with a group of friends. We didn't get everyone alive to the end, but I think we could have done worse.
Halo 5: Arrived early yesterday. Only got about half way through the campaign, but it's really solid so far. I'd definitely rate it over the fourth.
Destiny The Taken King: I'd fallen out with the original, but after reading the promising reviews for TTK, decided to jump back in. Mostly just been doing strikes with friends, and burning through the campaign.

Dead of Winter: This isn't the cheapest, or the easiest to find here in the UK, but boy was it worth it. Played a good few games so far, and I love it.
Avalon The Resistance: This game is awesome. Turns a regular night hanging with friends into the third act from The Thing. You'll really learn which of friends are good at lying, and which aren't =D

img_4069cwq7h.png

mingo

Met my friend from Japan in Hua Hin Thailand on holiday. She bought me Wasabi flavour KitKat and Green Tea KitKat! Not had any wasabi ones but very curious how it taste.

Also go an Acer hybrid laptop / tablet for £99 😊

finalflame

Met my friend from Japan in Hua Hin Thailand on holiday. She bought me Wasabi flavour KitKat and Green Tea KitKat! Not had any wasabi ones but very curious how it taste.

Also go an Acer hybrid laptop / tablet for £99 ��

Ahhhh those green tea KitKats are so good!

Do you like racing? Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6 are excellent!

Thanks! I tend to get bored of racing games pretty quickly, but enjoy them for like 4-5 hours. I might try Horizon 2, since the open world might keep me hooked.

Bumhead

Banned
New Grips, improved bumpers- just feels like a great evolution to my Day One pad.

With Halo 5, RotTR (and possibly Fallout 4) my XB1 will be getting a lot of love soon.

I'm loving my Forza 6 LE one with the same features!

Do all the new controllers have the new bumpers, grips and headphone jacks?

I normally stay away from game specific branded hardware, but the Masterchief controller is immense. Does it have all the same features? If not, might grab that Lunar White one which looks just as good.

Justinh

Do all the new controllers have the new bumpers, grips and headphone jacks?

I normally stay away from game specific branded hardware, but the Masterchief controller is immense. Does it have all the same features? If not, might grab that Lunar White one which looks just as good.

All the xbox one controllers made from now are supposed to have the new bumpers and the headset jack, as I understand it. The Lunar White one and the Forza one are the only ones I know of other than the elite with the grips, though. The Halo 5 ones only have the newer bumpers and the headset jack, not the grips.
I love the Master Chief one, but I think I'd recommend the Lunar White over all. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the grips, it's five dollars cheaper and I think it looks better.
You'd have to get it at a gamestop or the microsoft store, though...

Havoc2049

WP_20151025_006_zpscafjxspx.jpg

I'm ready to Hunt the Truth!

Sorry for the crap pic, but the flash on my Lumia 920 died and the lighting in my game room isn't the best for pictures. I'm ready to hunt for a Lumia 950xl!

Bumhead

Banned
All the xbox one controllers made from now are supposed to have the new bumpers and the headset jack, as I understand it. The Lunar White one and the Forza one are the only ones I know of other than the elite with the grips, though. The Halo 5 ones only have the newer bumpers and the headset jack, not the grips.
I love the Master Chief one, but I think I'd recommend the Lunar White over all. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the grips, it's five dollars cheaper and I think it looks better.
You'd have to get it at a gamestop or the microsoft store, though...

Nice one thanks for that mate. Good to know. The Lunar White is gorgeous and I do like the sound of those grips, so that might be the one I go for.

I'm in the UK though so availability of the Chief controller shouldn't be a major issue. I think most regular video game retailers have it here, thankfully.

The_Monk

My PS4 controller was making most of my characters walking by themselves and in some games it can be a bit frustrating so (and thanks to a kind friend) I managed to purchase another DS4, a Glacier White to be exact. Hope this one to last me a bit longer. :)

Qasiel

Not much this month but I got Lego Jurassic World as a late birthday present from my housemate (not pictured) and I managed to pick up a 20th Anniversary controller for a cheaper price than regular (in store) DS4s:

DJChuy

Picked up Avengers Age of Ultron, Persona 4 Dancing and the 20th anniversary Dualshock 4. Might pick up another Dualshock since I don't feel like opening this one. It looks good on display.

Dancing20.jpg

jacobs34

XXday2X.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised with the way both of these games turned out. Having more fun with them than I did with the last couple of games in both series.

I bought the Xbox one so I can play games with my friends who skipped out on the PS4. I haven't messed around with it enough to make any judgements.

If anyone lives in an area that sells Schlafly, I highly recommend their pumpkin Ale. It's one of my favorite seasonal beers. It's been a fun/expensive month so far, and it's only going to get crazier with Blops 3, Fallout and Battlefront right around the corner. Not too mention the start of the NBA Season. This is definitely my favorite time of year.

Top Bottom