• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
You know this game is bad when even the development team sounds like people on the EA forums.

"Play better D!"

Maybe if offense wasn't completely overpowered and every defensive tool wasn't fucking broken......

Marvie_3

Banned
evora2.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
GOALIES ALREADY CHEAT YOU FUCKING IDIOTS THATS WHY THE SHORTSIDE IS OPEN ALL THE TIME

Holy fuck. "You would never see this goal in NHL 12" THATS 90% OF THE GOALS IN NHL 12

Stat!

Shortside goals aren't in NHL 12? Well, you could have fooled me since it's already extremely easy to score them by doing that little stick deke.

Over/under on chance goalies lose their stick this time around?

Stat!

lol @ these canned questions

No kidding.

Wow, online be a gm sounds kinda awesome. Co-op online? We can build our own Neogaf team and play OTP in a dynasty mode? Or some of us can be managers others can play. That's pretty cool.

I have a few friends who we always want to do dynasty.

Getting to see that new trailer again. Damn lots of figure skating this year. The LT might get abused I think.

No kidding.

Wow, online be a gm sounds kinda awesome. Co-op online? We can build our own Neogaf team and play OTP in a dynasty mode? Or some of us can be managers others can play. That's pretty cool.

I have a few friends who we always want to do dynasty.

co-op Be-A-GM sounds cool, I wonder what the max amount of players on one team can be?

if it's implemented as good as it sounds, I don't see why people aren't going to just forget about EASHL this year if you can play OTP in Be-A-GM with non-maxed out rating players and a real season/playoff system

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll still play EASHL, but Be-A-GM is the reason I'm getting the game this year. Offense is going to be overpowered and broken again in EASHL and the offline modes are boring after 5 minutes. If it weren't for the online GM, I'd honestly consider skipping NHL 13.

GOALIES ALREADY CHEAT YOU FUCKING IDIOTS THATS WHY THE SHORTSIDE IS OPEN ALL THE TIME

Holy fuck. "You would never see this goal in NHL 12" THATS 90% OF THE GOALS IN NHL 12

shortside

"you would never see this in NHL12"

did I tune into a stand-up comedy routine...

"You never see these short side goals in NHL 12"

These guys play their own game?

Shortside goals aren't in NHL 12? Well, you could have fooled me since it's already extremely easy to score them by doing that little stick deke.

Over/under on chance goalies lose their stick this time around?

:lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You guys may now refer to me as this guy:

XXGvr.jpg

9 goals and 11 assists in 4 games, probably the best night I'll ever have. Great D from Viz and Show and Marvie was making great passes all night too. We destroyed 2 of the teams, awesome work overall. Feels good to finally win one.

only took 9 months, but we brought home our 1st banner this year, a Pro one too, not too shabby

great play all around tonight

Legit was a point-producing machine
Marv played a great 2nd fiddle setting the table for a lot of goals and crushing our opposition at every opportunity putting the fear of god in them each game
Show played near flawless D, quarterbacked most of the great breakouts we had and chipped in with a clutch goal in the 4th game to ice it
Pheeniks showed up and contributed with some clutch goals especially in that last game

good shit

Marvie_3

Banned
Great fuckin run tonight. 4 solid wins in a row to bring home that Pro Playoff banner!

Viz and Show had things locked down on D. You guys played amazing back there. Didn't get beat and shut down everything people threw at us. You guys chipped in 18 points too which was a huge boost. Awesome job.

Legit was a man possessed out there. Two 8-point games in a row in the middle of the run. 20 points total in the 4 playoff games. MVP of the night by far.

Props to ph33nix for stepping in seamlessly for Games 3 & 4 and playing well. Put up 7 points and made some solid plays. Scored 2 big goals in Game 4 too.

I chipped in 14 points, body slammed some chump, wrecked several others, and was at 70%+ on faceoffs for the night.

Awesome games all around tonight. That was some of the best hockey we've ever played as a club. When we did actually make a mistake(very rare tonight), there was always someone there to pick up for that player. There was absolutely no stopping us.

Some numbers from tonight:

We outscored opponents 24-4 in the playoffs.
We had someone put up at least 6 points in a game four times (Legit - Games 2, 3; Marvie - Game 3, Show - Game 2)
All 5 players combined for 59 points in 5 games.
Viz had 6 or less giveaways in 2 of the games
Everyone scored at least 1 goal tonight.

Somebody with decent art skills needs to whip us up a banner.

Great fuckin run tonight. 4 solid wins in a row to bring home that Pro Playoff banner!

Viz and Show had things locked down on D. You guys played amazing back there. Didn't get beat and shut down everything people threw at us. You guys chipped in 18 points too which was a huge boost. Awesome job.

Legit was a man possessed out there. Two 8-point games in a row in the middle of the run. 20 points total in the 4 playoff games. MVP of the night by far.

Props to ph33nix for stepping in seamlessly for Games 3 & 4 and playing well. Put up 7 points and made some solid plays. Scored 2 big goals in Game 4 too.

I chipped in 14 points, body slammed some chump, wrecked several others, and was at 70%+ on faceoffs for the night.

Awesome games all around tonight. That was some of the best hockey we've ever played as a club. When we did actually make a mistake(very rare tonight), there was always someone there to pick up for that player. There was absolutely no stopping us.

Some numbers from tonight:

We outscored opponents 24-4 in the playoffs.
We had someone put up at least 6 points in a game four times (Legit - Games 2, 3; Marvie - Game 3, Show - Game 2)
All 5 players combined for 59 points in 5 games.
Viz had 6 or less giveaways in 2 of the games
Everyone scored at least 1 goal tonight.

Somebody with decent art skills needs to whip us up a banner.

cmon son, you are ruining my reputation with those stats

I'll make us a banner, but it prob wont be ready until Wed or Thurs as I'm busy the next 2 days

Marvie_3

Banned
cmon son, you are ruining my reputation with those stats

I'll make us a banner, but it prob wont be ready until Wed or Thurs as I'm busy the next 2 days

I had to throw it in for fun. :lol

I'll see if I can make something. It'll hopefully look less shitty than our amateur banner from last year that was made with my amateur art skills.

I had to throw it in for fun. :lol

I'll see if I can make something. It'll hopefully look less shitty than our amateur banner from last year that was made with my amateur art skills.

do what you can

I'll whip up one for tonight's and one for last year's glorious Amateur championship too that we can carry into next year's thread and eventually hang in Marvie Arena

wait....we won a championship?

sweet!

I saw it was playoffs but I had no idea we were still in it when I joined. thankfully I didn't fuck up too much!

Marvie_3

Banned

sweet!

I saw it was playoffs but I had no idea we were still in it when I joined. thankfully I didn't fuck up too much!

We already had 2 of the 4 playoffs games done when you hopped on. We didn't miss a beat after you jumped in.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Awesome stats and banner Marvie, easily the most fun night I've had playing this game, everyone just gelled perfectly, and Viz and Show we're unbeatable on the back end. Not only did we play great, we dominated most of the games.

sweet!

Awesome to see you get a few goals man, you were snake bitten for a bit, you could have easily potted another 2-3, great stuff all around.

One of the best parts of the night for me was getting my own scoring highlight reel package and it showing my name "EA IS GARBAGE" in a huge banner on screen :lol :lol

Stat!

Congrats guys. Way to go and clinch a title.

Nice job on the banner Marvie.

PS: Viz, it seems that you can have 30 members in an online GM league but 6 players can play OTP with you (and your team) in one of your games. You don't get to use your created guy but the team you built. So if I was the GM of Chicago in year 1, and we all played for my team, we would be Chicago and possibly change lines too. That's the consensus on what everyone believes.

Also, Rinne vs Giroux for NHL 13 Cover.

I think in that first game I was getting annoyed, felt like everyone was getting goals and stylin' I was getting set up for easy ass goals and couldn't convert dick

Oh well it's all about the W

Congrats guys. Way to go and clinch a title.

Nice job on the banner Marvie.

PS: Viz, it seems that you can have 30 members in an online GM league but 6 players can play OTP with you (and your team) in one of your games. You don't get to use your created guy but the team you built. So if I was the GM of Chicago in year 1, and we all played for my team, we would be Chicago and possibly change lines too. That's the consensus on what everyone believes.

Also, Rinne vs Giroux for NHL 13 Cover.

do you have a source for your 30 member limit number?

I want to know at this point is how many people can technically be part of your franchise. The webcast said you could have people "on" as GM's or A.I. designers as well. Not sure if one person runs it and the rest jump in whenever or if everyone joins up and is a "member"

Just wondering if it's gonna be possible to fill up all 30 teams with like teams of 5 players and then play through seasons, and if all of the teams have to be human controlled.

First banner attempt:

ainTe.png

banner looks good dude, we will ride with that
you should make one for last years banner (i think it was Feb) and out it in the OP

Top Bottom