• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
do you have a source for your 30 member limit number?

I want to know at this point is how many people can technically be part of your franchise. The webcast said you could have people "on" as GM's or A.I. designers as well. Not sure if one person runs it and the rest jump in whenever or if everyone joins up and is a "member"

Just wondering if it's gonna be possible to fill up all 30 teams with like teams of 5 players and then play through seasons, and if all of the teams have to be human controlled.

It'd be pretty sweet to have a "GAFHL" consisting of all GAF members.

banner looks good dude, we will ride with that
you should make one for last years banner (i think it was Feb) and out it in the OP

Will do.

It'd be pretty sweet to have a "GAFHL" consisting of all GAF members.

Will do.

yeah thats what I was thinking, if we can at least have 2 or 3 to a team that would probably be cool.

I'm not expecting much though as EA has already shown their hand with their half-assed implementation of online franchise mode with the Madden series

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think in that first game I was getting annoyed, felt like everyone was getting goals and stylin' I was getting set up for easy ass goals and couldn't convert dick

Oh well it's all about the W
90% of my goals are easy tap ins and shit, for some reason last night I was scoring on everything, it will come with time. At the end of a day a goals a goal.

Marvie_3

Banned
yeah thats what I was thinking, if we can at least have 2 or 3 to a team that would probably be cool.

I'm not expecting much though as EA has already shown their hand with their half-assed implementation of online franchise mode with the Madden series
Could always shrink it down from a 30-team league too. 10 teams of 5 players would be pretty badass.

90% of my goals are easy tap ins and shit, for some reason last night I was scoring on everything, it will come with time. At the end of a day a goals a goal.
Sounds like Milly's reasoning for his goat activities. "A hole is a hole"

Could always shrink it down from a 30-team league too. 10 teams of 5 players would be pretty badass.

I'd rather have the entire league populated even if some teams are A.I. to make it official all the way around, but having the option to have less would be fine too

That and I would like them to include a fantasy draft option at the beginning like they do in the regular Be-A-GM mode

Marvie_3

Banned
I'd rather have the entire league populated even if some teams are A.I. to make it official all the way around, but having the option to have less would be fine too

That and I would like them to include a fantasy draft option at the beginning like they do in the regular Be-A-GM mode
Maybe but if you spread people around too much you might end up with only one person playing on a team some nights.

Fantasy draft would be awesome.

Stat!

do you have a source for your 30 member limit number?

I want to know at this point is how many people can technically be part of your franchise. The webcast said you could have people "on" as GM's or A.I. designers as well. Not sure if one person runs it and the rest jump in whenever or if everyone joins up and is a "member"

Just wondering if it's gonna be possible to fill up all 30 teams with like teams of 5 players and then play through seasons, and if all of the teams have to be human controlled.

I don't. It's taken from interviews and the consensus that it seems to be 30 teams. I have yet to see someone say its anything but 30.

Maybe but if you spread people around too much you might end up with only one person playing on a team some nights.

Fantasy draft would be awesome.

I do not think you'll be able to contract teams either as I'm pretty sure it's GM mode in online play. Or at least that's how they pegged it and contraction has never been an option in the series.

The other thing is if we can shorten the season. I don't want to play 82 games just to finish a season. I also don't know if it's fair if some teams play all their games with human teammates and some play only CPU. That's something we have to figure out as we get more info.

That's the thing. It's apparently just like Be-A-GM but online and done in the same way with Madden but with OTP.

Im reading the EA Forums for most of the info.

So we may have to include some rules like "No Making Lopsided Trades with the CPU".

EDIT: OilersGuru (mod/community guy) said 30 people is the max in one league. It's been confirmed. On the features page for NHL 13, it says "The franchise’s most popular mode goes connected allowing gamers to manage, play, or coach with and against friends in their own 30 team human controlled league."

Red_Man

So how do we do this? We have to put dibs down on teams or do we make our own team names and such? I've never bothered with be a GM mode before.

Stat!

So how do we do this? We have to put dibs down on teams or do we make our own team names and such? I've never bothered with be a GM mode before.

Well, essentially, yeah. I don't know if the majority wants to do a fantasy draft to keep it all even or maybe if two people both are dying for a team (for example, let's say you and I both want to be Florida, we could both manage and play as Florida).

I don't know if we can substitute teams either but chances are we will have to call dibs.

Dibs on Leafs. ;)

In all seriousness, there probably is a better way to decide this (i.e put your favourite teams down and flip a coin or something). If we can substitute teams and do a fantasy draft, that may work too. We will have to decide.

Red_Man

I'll call dibs on Montreal. I kind of want a Slot Cloggers Avatar too now :lol thats pretty slick

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll call dibs on Montreal. I kind of want a Slot Cloggers Avatar too now :lol thats pretty slick

I just resized the banner. :lol

I do not think you'll be able to contract teams either as I'm pretty sure it's GM mode in online play. Or at least that's how they pegged it and contraction has never been an option in the series.
Missed this earlier, but Online Leagues in NHL always let you set less than 30 teams. Not sure if that will carry over to the GM mode though.

Stat!

Missed this earlier, but Online Leagues in NHL always let you set less than 30 teams. Not sure if that will carry over to the GM mode though.

To be fair, online leagues in NHL only had as many teams as you had users. It was never a GM mode. It is/was bare bones. There was never AI teams. You could only trade guys with other teams in the league (who were also other users) and no development.

It really sucks as a mode. They have phrased it as BAGM goes online. So I'm assuming you can't contract teams since you've never had the chance but we will see what's been updated, added, removed in terms of settings. I love Be-A-GM mode offline but boy do they need to fix some AI stuff and settings.

This is three months away so irrelevant right now but something to think about Marv is that assuming GM mode and we have AI GMs, there may need to be some rules about signing RFAs so teams run out of money or gaming the AIs in trades (like a 1st + a 7th for a higher first round pick) or no trading your first round pick that is farther than 1 year in advanced (i.e I trade my 2012 first to a CPU For my first in 2017).

Red_Man

You have to make sure everyone taking a team is playing on the 360 version too, seeing as that's what we all play on.

Marvie_3

Banned
To be fair, online leagues in NHL only had as many teams as you had users. It was never a GM mode. It is/was bare bones. There was never AI teams. You could only trade guys with other teams in the league (who were also other users) and no development.

It really sucks as a mode. They have phrased it as BAGM goes online. So I'm assuming you can't contract teams since you've never had the chance but we will see what's been updated, added, removed in terms of settings. I love Be-A-GM mode offline but boy do they need to fix some AI stuff and settings.

This is three months away so irrelevant right now but something to think about Marv is that assuming GM mode and we have AI GMs, there may need to be some rules about signing RFAs so teams run out of money or gaming the AIs in trades (like a 1st + a 7th for a higher first round pick) or no trading your first round pick that is farther than 1 year in advanced (i.e I trade my 2012 first to a CPU For my first in 2017).
Yeah, there will most likely have to be rules put in place to prevent unfair conduct, but there's not really much discussion to be had until we know how much control we have over things like that.

You have to make sure everyone taking a team is playing on the 360 version too, seeing as that's what we all play on.
That too. We'll probably have to track down someone who is going to set up a PS3 league and collaborate with them on a thread/rules/etc.

Red_Man

I was out but I'd be up for some tomorrow in hopes of trying to regain my legend 3. I don't understand how I get 8 points in a game and my grade doesn't improve but I play a game where I get an A+, B- and A+ and my grade goes down like 13% Fuck this game.

Marvie_3

Banned
It doesn't update after every game. There's some weird algorithm that takes into account your grades for all positions when it calculates your overall grade. Might wanna check your grades for other positions and see if there's one dragging you down.

zsswimmer

Congrats on winning the pro playoffs. I know I was with you in spirit and that gave you guys the extra motivation needed to push through adversity.

I'll take my MVP honors now

Red_Man

It doesn't update after every game. There's some weird algorithm that takes into account your grades for all positions when it calculates your overall grade. Might wanna check your grades for other positions and see if there's one dragging you down.
True, I forgot about the other positions affecting my grade I'll check that out today

Red_Man

I think I hate EA more then anything else in this world, I played 2 drop in games and had all A+s in the third I got looped out of one game and disconnected from another and lose my grades and then my grades go down. Fuck this shit.

zsswimmer

u were def co-MVP with Laserbot, nice effort Swim

yvLPI.gif

Red_Man

The interference system in this game is so fucking retardedly broken it's infuriating, I keep get knocked the fuck out and the puck is 20 feet away from me such bullshit.

Marvie_3

Banned
The interference system in this game is so fucking retardedly broken it's infuriating, I keep get knocked the fuck out and the puck is 20 feet away from me such bullshit.

That last game was nothing but bullshit. Couldn't hit the guys, every stick check of theirs was always right on, their center won every faceoff no matter which counter, hand position, or timing I used, and every guy on their team was faster and more agile than any of us.

LiveWire

A few people in the other NHL threads have been calling dibs on teams already:

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - Marvie_3
New York Islanders -                                     Columbus - 
New York Rangers -                                       Detroit - 
Philadelphia -                                           Nashville -  
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - 

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston -                                                 Calgary - 
Buffalo -                                                Colorado - 19 & 21
Montreal - Red_Man                                       Edmonton - Smiley90
Ottawa -                                                 Minnesota -
Toronto - ACES11                                         Vancouver - 

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina -                                               Anaheim - 
Florida -                                                Dallas - 
Tampa Bay -                                              Los Angeles - 
Washington -                                             Quebec City - wsoxfan1214
Winnipeg -                                               San Jose -

Are the Caps open? If so I call dibs. :D When is NHL 13 out?

EDIT: Nice banner!

I'm using a enforcer build with a sniper pack so I get those sniper stats and then I spend the rest on skills that let me kick ass and break backs on the ice. Unfortunately I'm not getting to do as much of it as I ideally want :(

So you're telling me that the points I add from my player card don't do jack shit?

That's what I do, Tough Guy Build+Sniper Boost+Cards from game

Are you telling me if I use a boost of any kind that my build and card points don't matter?

Marvie_3

Banned
Boost packs are only useful until you get up to around superstar. Once you get there, the stat points/boosts will make your player a lot better than the boost pack will.

Top Bottom