• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Super Bash Sisters Tournament! 3DS ver. | No Males, Femme Fatales Only

mikbon.png

THE TOURNAMENT WILL START ON OCTOBER 29TH IT HAS BEGUN

It's that time! I wanted to create this tournament in honor of the many playable female cast in this version of Smash. Also, to go along with what Palutena herself, said in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
You know what that means? Female characters only! No male characters are allowed to join the fray.

The bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/SuperBashSisters

-------

NOTE: If you're having any troubles, or any legit reason of not being able to compete in your match, don't be scared to give me a PM. I will do my best to work it out for you. I want the best for everyone.

If you happen to be going against Makai, you will be having your matches recorded. Makai will be having his capture card ready for this tournament.
Thanks for giving this opportunity! This will definitely make this tournament more fascinating, and making it memorable!
So, you guys better bring your A-game! :)

-------

To better set up matches, I suggest having the SmashGAF IRC channel open when you're online. Nobody wants to have complications!

IRC Chat
Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

-------

List of Characters Available For This Tournament:

1. Jigglypuff
  2. Lucina
  3. Mii Brawler (female only, default moveset)
  4. Mii Gunner (female only, default moveset)
  5. Mii Swordfighter (female only, default moveset)
  6. Palutena
  7. Peach
  8. Robin (female only)
  9. Rosalina & Luma
  10. Samus
  11. Sheik
  12. Villager (female only)
  13. Wendy
  14. Wii Fit Trainer (female only)
  15. Zelda
  16. Zero Suit Samus

Tournament Format:

• Double Elimination - If you lose your match, no worries! You still have a chance in the losers bracket
  • It will be capped at 64 participants, that way nobody receives any byes
  • The matches will be best 2 out of 3
  • Top 8 will be best 3 out of 5 matches
  • You will have 3 days to complete your matches

Match Rules:

• Stock: 3
  • Time: 8 Minutes
  • No Items
  • No Custom Movesets
  • Loser can change their character, Winner sticks with the character they won with
  • Loser gets to pick the stage to battle on next
  • The first stage is selected from the list of starter stages
  • Banned stages can be chosen if both players agree to it -- However, don't go complaining about your losses. You both knew what you were agreeing to
  • If a Sudden Death match occurs, play it, winner gets to choose the stage to fight on next. Which you then go into a 1 stock/3 minute match, which will determine who wins the match (note: you keep the same characters you had before the match)

Stages:

Starter

Counterpick

Banned

Prizes:

Still deciding, I would like to include prizes though

Entrants: GAF Name, Friend Code, Nickname, and Timezone

1. Anth0ny |
    3222-5571-8376 | |
  2. Anura |
    0946-2273-7957 | Dotty |
  3. astrogamer |
  4. Axass |
  5. Benzychenz |
  6. Bjoern the Smexy |
    1693-1057-7335 | Björn | CET
  7. Cedric |
  8. chaosblade |
  9. chip123 |
    5112-3405-2026 | chip123 | GMT+1
  10. Conor_Fool |
  11. Cosmic Dreams |
  12. Drago |
    2380-4845-5058 | Jonathan | CST
  13. DrStiles |
    1289-8209-0279 | Brian | EST
  14. emb |
    1779-2039-8381 | EMB | EST
  15. Escalario (lurker) |
    5241-2012-1841 | Escalario | CET
  16. Falawful |
  17. Feltrol |
  18. Fireblend |
    1779-0023-0121 | Serge | GMT-6/CST
  19. Geminosity |
    3093-7057-2074 | Gem | GMT/BST+0
  20. georgetheplushie |
  21. Georly |
    0430-8282-1486 | ALinkToThePast | EST
  22. HawthorneKitty |
    0103-9461-9036 | |
  23. Hot Coldman |
    1762-3009-5860 | Coldman | GMT
  24. Hyperactivity |
  25. J@hranimo |
    4854-7524-4069 | Jahranimo | EST
  26. jackal27 |
  27. Jamix012 |
  28. Joeinky |
    4596-9442-7695 | |
  29. Josephl64 |
    2208-6951-5843 | |
  30. jrDev |
  31. justchris |
    2921-9099-5207 | Chris | CST
  32. Kriken |
    5258-0417-2575 | Kriken | EST
  33. Krustentier7 |
    3926-4339-4093 | Kruste | CET
  34. kuroneko0509 |
  35. Kyzon |
    3866-8042-6393 | Kyzon | PST
  36. Makai |
    1564 4491 0219 | MakaiJPN | EST
  37. Masked Man |
    1332-7809-7925 | マット | JST
  38. Metaroo |
    3411-1156-6504 | |
  39. MGrant |
    5215-0544-6059 | | CST
  40. MisterWisp |
    5069-3925-4653 | Saxon | EST
  41. Moonlight |
    3668-7701-9486 | Moonlight | PST
  42. Muzy72 |
    2234 7157 1817 | Muzy | CST
  43. Nabster92 |
  44. Necromanti |
  45. NoctisLuna |
    3711-8120-3309 | Noctisluna | EST
  46. OricWindstar |
    0146-9007-8698 | Oliver | PST
  47. PikaED |
    0602-6274-6937 | PikaED | EST
  48. Pikma |
    2492-5458-8031 | Martin | PST
  49. Poltergust |
    3609-1547-9922 | | CST
  50. RadioJoNES92 |
  51. random25 |
  52. RomanceDawn |
  53. SalvaPot |
  54. scottnak |
  55. Speedwagon |
  56. Spinosaurus |
    3093-7162-3807 | Spin | GMT+1
  57. Spirit Icana |
  58. Sponge |
  59. StayDead |
    0001-3269-2109 | Qikz | BST
  60. Storm Kyleis |
    4382-1956-4282 | Storm | GMT+1
  61. SuperSah |
    4425-2273-6142 | SahSah | GMT+1
  62. The Great Gonzales |
    5429-6731-5939 | Jeremy | EST
  63. Zubz |
    4296-3155-4451 | Ultim | EST
  64. Zyrox |

And A Special Message From Reggie Fils-Aimé

-------

Special Note: I want to thank OricWindstar for the banner that you see above! It definitely helps bring out this thread a lot more than it's boring look before. So, thank you! I greatly appreciate it!

Along with theprodigy for being the most vocal one throughout the whole process of this tournament, making a list of all players who wanted to join/reconfirm, and keeping stats from players. (Characters used, stages picked, etc etc.) Thank you!

And most importantly.. ProfessorBeef for helping me out in my time of need for the tournament. Helped re-collect everybody, re-did the bracket for me, and helped me be more organized about everything and of course, running the tournament with me. Thanks a whole lot, Beef, I owe ya!

-------

I want to thank everyone for participating in this tournament, it really means a lot to me. I have always wanted to host something like this in my life, and you all made it become a reality. Thanks for the encouragement, the hype you all have, and the memories to be made!

Hope you all have fun! May the matches begin!

-------

Vylash

"No Males, Femme Fatales Only" this sounds glorious, hope we can put one together for the Wii U version as well

Moonlight

Banned
I suppose I should probably throw out my FC as one of the handful that have apparently neglected to do so for the tournament. It's 3668-7701-9486! My timezone being PST, and my nickname just being Moonlight.

Excited for this!

Count me in if someone drops out!

Friend code: 1693-1057-7335
Nickname: Björn
Tiemzone: CET

I'm available on weekdays from 5 pm to 9 pm, on weekends basically the whole day.

If I could delete comments, I would. :p

omg, this is so sexist

Shut up, and take in Lucina's boots!

I'm here for moral support

Zroid! ♥

Cool, I can check this thread. I'll be on IRC again soon.

Why is Tomodachi Life not a legal stage, btw?

Because I hear a lot of people find it really annoying, as do I. But if others want it, then i'll include it.

huh why is Reset Bomb Forest banned, of all stages?

I've heard lot of complaints on it. But my mind can be changed.

I'd like to join, if anyone drops.

This sounds really fun.

PM me! ^^

Count me in!

Friend code: 1693-1057-7335
Nickname: Björn
Tiemzone: CET

I'm available on weekdays from 5 pm to 9 pm, on weekends basically the whole day.

Same with you! :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Reset Bomb Forest seems like it would be fine as counterpick. Not a stage I'd pick but hey. Maybe Tomodachi too, seems like it would be fine while playing without items.

Anyway, good luck to everyone playing, looking forward to the Wii U tourneys starting.

Moonlight

Banned
I think Reset Bomb Forest is fine, honestly. The biggest problem is the cave, but that busts open after a few good hits, and I've never had a problem with the Lurchthorn myself.

I'd like to participate if anyone drops out.

FC: 3926-4339-4093
Time zone: CET I guess? (I live in Germany, so eh)
Nickname: Kruste

maxcriden

Troubled Bat, I need to abstain from the tourney as I decided against picking up Smash. I had meant to PM you, sorry about that. :(

Troubled Bat, I need to abstain from the tourney as I decided against picking up Smash. I had meant to PM you, sorry about that. :(

Aww, well it's okay. Maybe next time!

Yep, I'm still in for it.

1779-2039-8381 | EMB | EST

I had all but forgotten about this too. Should be fun. My main turned out to be a bash sister anyway, so that's nice.

Awesome! Thanks, emb.

Is that so? Than I expect you to get pretty far! ;3

emb

[*]No Camping/Stalling
Also, can I ask exactly what this entails? Seems like there isn't a clear line between not approaching and outright camping. With the ledge invincibility cut back and a good stage list, is this a needed rule?

Troubled Bat said:
NOTE: If you're having any troubles, or any legit reason of not being able to compete in your match, don't be scared to give me a PM. I will do my best to work it out for you. I want the best for everyone.

If you happen to be going against Makai, you will be having your matches recorded. Makai will be having his capture card ready for this tournament.
Thanks for giving this opportunity! This will definitely make this tournament more fascinating, and making it memorable!
So, you guys better bring your A-game! :)
Makai is the man. Hopefully he makes it to the finals. If he doesn't though, do you think it's possible to have him join in and spectate + stream? Or is lag too bad with 3 players? I haven't been connected online to more than one person at a time yet. If not that, maybe he can record and upload the replays.
Awesome! Thanks, emb.

Is that so? Than I expect you to get pretty far! ;3
^.^

But nah, to go far I'd have to be good. I'm like the opposite of good lol.

I still don't get why Charizard or Greninja aren't allowed.

Higher Male Ratio Rate within the Starter characters, plus the obvious masculine tone on Greninja.

Also, can I ask exactly what this entails? Seems like there isn't a clear line between not approaching and outright camping. With the ledge invincibility cut back and a good stage list, is this a needed rule?

Makai is the man. Hopefully he makes it to the finals. If he doesn't though, do you think it's possible to have him join in and spectate + stream? Or is lag too bad with 3 players? I haven't been connected online to more than one person at a time yet. If not that, maybe he can record and upload the replays.

^.^

But nah, to go far I'd have to be good. I'm like the opposite of good lol.

I just like to have it on there, and basically not purposely running out the time within the whole match.

Yeah, he said that he would be able to.. But i'm not sure how the lag would be for the game. There is also another member who will be recording matches. I just haven't asked if he/she will still be joining.

Hey, you have to give yourself confidence and hope!

I just like to have it on there, and basically not purposely running out the time within the whole match.

so what about if you play to run out the time for half the match ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

also I think we should be able to vote on some of the stages for counterpicks
and you need at least 6 stages so that you can have bans in a Bo3

so what about if you play to run out the time for half the match ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

also I think we should be able to vote on some of the stages for counterpicks
and you need at least 6 stages so that you can have bans in a Bo3

I will put the banhammer on somebody. ( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yes, and we still this day, along with a week to figure things out. :3 Besides I may put back Reset Bomb.

emb

I will put the banhammer on somebody. ( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yes, and we still this day, along with a week to figure things out. :3 Besides I may put back Reset Bomb.
What if my opponent has no projectiles, so I wait and force them to come to me?

What if we play the match normally, but it ends up being Smash 4 so everyone survives forever, then someone plays to the clock for the last 45 seconds?

I'm not entering, I'm just kind of curious

If two people wanted to go against each other as Wendy, how would that work? Someone would have to be a different skin.

Couldn't, on a technicality, all the Pokemon be represented since their is no gender specific Pokemon?

Pikachu is! He's male, since female Pikachu's have a notch on their tail

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know Kirby's a male pink blob?

emb

Higher Male Ratio Rate within the Starter characters, plus the obvious masculine tone on Greninja.
Couldn't, on a technicality, all the Pokemon be represented since their is no gender specific Pokemon?
It could go either way. Seems slightly indicated (and more likely) that they are male. It might be best for TB to include the explanation in the OP, since that question does seem to come up.

If two people wanted to go against each other as Wendy, how would that work? Someone would have to be a different skin.
Online you can both pick the same color I think, since it doesn't show your opponent's character until the match starts.

Kriken

Oh yeah, almost forgot this starts in a week, guess I gotta learn a female character soon so I can destroy Oric ;)

What if my opponent has no projectiles, so I wait and force them to come to me?

What if we play the match normally, but it ends up being Smash 4 so everyone survives forever, then someone plays to the clock for the last 45 seconds?

Do you want me to just take out rule for you? :p

I based on multiple things:

Pikachu has a gender difference, the one in this game is all male.

Lucario has a male voice.

Charizard has a higher male ratio

Greninja has a higher male ratio, along with a masculine voice.

Jigglypuff has a higher female ratio, along with a bunch of 'female' accessories.

I've actually had this tested out. Both players can be Wendy. Just one will be a darker color.

Just as when people choose the same characters in Team battles.

Batty you forgot to add that Lucario has the same 7:1 male ratio that Charizard and Greninja do :p (Jigglypuff is 3:1 female by comparison)

emb

Do you want me to just take out rule for you? :p
I mean, I doubt anyone's actually going to call the rule on anybody. I'm just saying it seems hard to enforce, and unclear to me as a participant at what point I would be considered camping.

Sorry, I don't mean to drag out the point though. <.<

Axass

Troubled Bat, I asked you through PM to add me to the replacement list, like months ago. Why you hate me? :(

Troubled Bat, I asked you through PM to add me to the replacement list, like months ago. Why you hate me? :(

I didn't forget about you. I just can't update my reserve list, because it happened to be on a locked thread. I still have your PM. :p

Top Bottom