• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Super Bash Sisters Tournament! 3DS ver. | No Males, Femme Fatales Only

Cedric said he was free today and I'm free now that I'm home, so the match should be happening some time today.

Cedric (Rosalina) vs. Necromanti (ZSS) - That Yoshi level...erm.
Cedric (Rosalina) vs. Necromanti (ZSS) - Battlefield
Cedric (Rosalina) vs. Necromanti (ZSS) - Battlefield

I've never felt so free.

but you won a match :p

Gonna have to forfeit. Basically I have chronic eczema which is really messing me up for the past week, and I don't know when it'll get better. Can't really play properly in my condition nor do I want to.

:(

and remember, from here on out every set is best of 5

Gonna have to forfeit. Basically I have chronic eczema which is really messing me up for the past week, and I don't know when it'll get better. Can't really play properly in my condition nor do I want to.

Aw man, that stinks. Sad we can't play. :(

I hope you get better, spino!

Top 16 Summary:

WQF
Kyzon (Robin) over JoeInky (Jigglypuff) 2-1 (Ω Magicant, Battlefield, Ω Boxing Ring)
Nabster92 (Rosalina) over Cedric (Rosalina, Palutena) 2-0 (Yoshi's Island, Ω Wily Castle)
Zyrox (Robin) over jrDev (Peach) 2-1 (Final Destination x3)
Poltergust (Wii Fit Trainer) over Spinosaurus (Jigglypuff, Wendy) 2-0 (Battlefield, Prism Tower)

LB5
Spirit Icana (Rosalina) over StayDead (Lucina) 2-0 (Battlefield, Final Destination)
georgetheplushie (Mii Gunner) over Speedwagon (Wii Fit Trainer, Villager) 2-0 (Final Destination, Reset Bomb Forest)
OricWindstar (Lucina) over Anth0ny (Sheik) 2-0 (Final Destination, Battlefield)
Necromanti (Zero Suit Samus) over Makai (Villager, Sheik) 2-0 (Battlefield, Final Destination)

LB6
Spirit Icana (Rosalina) over jrDev (Peach) 2-0 (Battlefield, Final Destination)
Spinosaurus (Jigglypuff) over georgetheplushie (Mii Gunner, Samus) 2-0 (Battlefield x2)
OricWindstar over JoeInky by forfeit
Cedric (Rosalina) over Necromanti (Zero Suit Samus) 2-1 (Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, Battlefield)

2-0 sets: 8
2-1 sets: 3
forfeit: 1

characters (sorted by # of players advancing followed by win %):
Rosalina: 4 (8-2, .800 (7-1, .875 without mirror matches))
Robin: 2 (4-2, .667)
Mii Gunner: 1 (2-1, .667)
Wii Fit Trainer: 1 (2-1, .667)
Zero Suit Samus: 1 (3-2, .600)
Jigglypuff: 1 (3-3, .500)
Lucina: 1 (2-2, .500)
Peach: 0 (1-4, .200)
Palutena: 0 (0-1, .000)
Samus: 0 (0-1, .000)
Wendy: 0 (0-1, .000)
Villager: 0 (0-2, .000)
Sheik: 0 (0-3, .000)

characters not used: Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, Zelda

Stages:
FD/Omega: 11 (44%)
Battlefield: 10 (40%)
Yoshi's Island: 2 (8%)
Prism Tower: 1 (4%)
Arena Ferox: 0 (0%)
Reset Bomb Forest: 1 (4%)

also top 8's characters (W/L denotes winners/losers bracket):
Rosalina-3 (Nabster92 (W), Spirit Icana (L), Cedric (L))
Robin-2 (Kyzon (W), Zyrox (W))
random-1 (Poltergust (W))
Lucina-1 (OricWindstar (L))
Jigglypuff-1 (Spinosaurus (L))

Cedric

Rosalina (Cedric) vs Lucina (OricWindStar) - Yoshi's Island
Rosalina (Cedric) vs Lucina (OricWindStar) - Battlefield
Rosalina (Cedric) vs Lucina (OricWindStar) -Battlefield

Great games!

it's like you all respond to my PMs and then do nothing

Nabster92, Kyzon, Zyrox, and Poltergust, post in here and figure out a time

edit: Spirit Icana and Cedric, you two might as well get scouting, especially you Cedric, since you either get a Robin main or someone who just randomly picks anyway :p

Nabster92

I'm still around for another hour or so tonight Kyzon. I'm generally available the same time all weekdays from 8 PM - midnight EST and sometime in the morning if necessary.

Rosalina (Nabster92) vs Robin (Kyzon) - Omega Spirit Tracks
Rosalina (Nabster92) vs Zelda (Kyzon) - Battlefield
Rosalina (Nabster92) vs Zelda (Kyzon) -Battlefield

Unfortunate Elwind running out last stock game 1 and 3DS induced SD's in the other games :/

GGs nonetheless. Better luck in whatever Wii U tournament is coming next!

it's like you all respond to my PMs and then do nothing

Nabster92, Kyzon, Zyrox, and Poltergust, post in here and figure out a time

edit: Spirit Icana and Cedric, you two might as well get scouting, especially you Cedric, since you either get a Robin main or someone who just randomly picks anyway :p

I've been trying to arrange something with Zyrox, but it's hard to find time for both of us when we are both very busy and have a time zone difference of 6 hours.

Zyrox

this isn't funny anymore

Zyrox, post in this thread within the next 12 hours or get kicked to losers

Well I haven't seen this post until now, I've been trying to arrange something with Poltergust, though timezone differences and general personal duties make that rather difficult. All I can say is sorry for the holdup and the inconveniences that that has caused.

Well I haven't seen this post until now, I've been trying to arrange something with Poltergust, though timezone differences and general personal duties make that rather difficult. All I can say is sorry for the holdup and the inconveniences that that has caused.

oh hey, there you are!

surely you could play like, now?

oh hey, there you are!

surely you could play like, now?

Nope, the wireless internet is unreliable when I'm at campus.

Although, due to a recent change of plans, I'm actually heading home right now. If Zyrox can still be up for the next half-hour, we can play.

ok, since I know the real reason you guys are slow on this is because you don't want to play the 3DS version....you can play the Wii U version if both of you agree to it :p

Losers Round 8

Spirit Icana vs Kyzon

Icana (Rosalina) vsKyzon (Zelda) - Town and City
Icana (Rosalina) vs Kyzon (Zelda) - Skyloft
Icana (Lucina)vs Kyzon (Zelda) -Final Destination
Icana (Lucina) vs Kyzon (Robin) -Smashville
Icana (Lucina) vs Kyzon (Wendy) -Castle Seige

Icana over Kyzon 3-2

Amazing games. Hope looked bleak for me and Rosalina, but the Lucina switch payed off. Kyzon had an unfortunate SD with Robin though. I'm sure that felt terrible. His Zelda was pretty good!

Great games, Kyzon!

Winner's Semis

Poltergust (Jigglypuff) vs. Zryox (Robin) - Battlefield
Poltergust (Jigglypuff) vs. Zyrox (Robin) - FD
Poltergust (Jigglypuff) vs. Zyrox (Robin) - FD

Poltergust wins over Zyrox 3-0.

This match is finally over. >.>

remaining matches:
Zyrox vs Cedric (losers quarters)
winner of the above match vs Spirit Icana (losers semis)
Nabster92 vs Poltergust (winners finals)

the first match needs to be done by the end of the weekend, and the last two matches by Wednesday

Zyrox

Zyrox vs Cedric

Round 1: Zyrox (Robin) vs. Cedric (Rosalina) on Yoshi's Island
Round 2: Zyrox (Robin) vs. Cedric (Rosalina) on Final Destination
Round 3: Zyrox (Robin) vs. Cedric (Rosalina) on Final Destination

GGs, very unfortunate SDs in the 2nd and 3rd match.

Nabster92

Winner's Finals

Poltergust vs Nabster92

Round 1: Poltergust (Palutena) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Battlefield
Round 2: Poltergust (Lucina) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Omega Woolly's World
Round 3: Poltergust (Zero Suit Samus) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Smashville
Round 4: Poltergust (Peach) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Town and City

Good games and friendlies afterwards!

Zyrox vs Cedric

Round 1: Zyrox (Robin) vs. Cedric (Rosalina) on Yoshi's Island
Round 2: Zyrox (Robin) vs. Cedric (Rosalina) on Final Destination
Round 3: Zyrox (Robin) vs. Cedric (Rosalina) on Final Destination

GGs, very unfortunate SDs in the 2nd and 3rd match.

Winner's Finals

Poltergust vs Nabster92

Round 1: Poltergust (Palutena) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Battlefield
Round 2: Poltergust (Lucina) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Omega Woolly's World
Round 3: Poltergust (Zero Suit Samus) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Smashville
Round 4: Poltergust (Peach) vs. Nabster92 (Rosalina) on Town and City

Good games and friendlies afterwards!

updated

3-4 more sets to go! hurry up Spirit Icana and Zyrox, it starts with you now

I've PM'd Zyrox since Sunday. Still no reply.

And I'm intrigued how Poltergust only used Palutena once. Aren't you supposed to stick with the same character you won with until you lose?

I'm going to send Zyrox another PM telling him I'm open anytime during the weekend to play.

I still haven't gotten a reply to my first PM.

Losers Round 9

Spirit Icana vs Zyrox

Icana (Rosalina) vs Zyrox (Robin) - Final Destination

Spirit Icana over Zyrox 3-0

Good games, Zyrox! Second match was pretty close.

I'm going to PM Poltergust now.

Losers Semifinals:

Spirit Icana vs Poltergust

Icana (Rosalina) vs Poltergust (Shiek) - Battlefield
Icana (Rosalina) vs Poltergust (Zelda) - Battlefield
Icana (Rosalina) vs Poltergust (Wii Fit Trainer) - Battlefield
Icana (Rosalina) vs Poltergust (Jigglypuff) - Battlefield

Spirit Icana over Poltergust 3-1

Poltergust SD'd ALL three stocks when playing as Zelda. I think the input lag may have messed him up. All three times were teleports gone wrong. I also SD'd twice against his Wii Fit Trainer. lol

Anyway, great games Poltergust. I can see why you got this far. To be honest though, I was probably most scared of your Shiek. :)

Okay then, Nabster. Let's do this! :D

Nabster92

Grand Finals

Icana (Rosalina) vs Nabster92(Rosalina) - Final Destination
Icana (Rosalina) vs Nabster92 (Rosalina) - Battlefield
Icana (Rosalina) vs Nabster92 (Rosalina) - Final Destination

Great games! All down to the last stock. Also, I finally remembered to save the replays this time. Don't have a capture card, but if people are interested, I can record them on my phone and upload unless there are better options.

Thanks to everyone that helped run the tournament!

^ edit: Oh, there we go. Good games.

Congratulations to Nabster!!!

He won the tournament. I couldn't get him once. I got close one round, but the others I say were pretty decisive. Great games, Nab.

We should play again, sometime. :D

He should be posting the results shortly.

hey you guys managed to finish the rest of the tournament in a day! nice job

also god damn that was a nice losers bracket run Spirit Icana, it's a shame you couldn't quite finish it off

at least Poltergust can say he's the only one to take a game off Nabster92....speaking of which, why are you switching characters every match?

Anth0ny

Congrats Nabster!

I had a feeling he was going to take this when he fucking demolished me in winners. I haven't lost that bad in Smash since I played RaynEx's Fox in tournament when I was just starting out in Melee. Happy there's a lot of good competition on GAF :)

For next time may I suggest single elimination and 32 man bracket (or less)? 64 man double elim is a fucking nightmare, as we can see. It's hard to get so many schedules to line up.

It's not like people are traveling from another state and paying a bunch of money to enter a tournament, here. That was always the logic behind double elim: in case you have a bad game, you aren't completely out and your trip isn't a complete waste of time/money. Wifi tournaments, on the other hand, you want to get done as quickly and painlessly as possible. If you lose? No big deal, on to the next one.

I'd be down to do 8 or 16 man brackets in a single night, especially when the Tournament mode is added to the Wii U version.

Congrats Nabster!

I had a feeling he was going to take this when he fucking demolished me in winners. I haven't lost that bad in Smash since I played RaynEx's Fox in tournament when I was just starting out in Melee. Happy there's a lot of good competition on GAF :)

For next time may I suggest single elimination and 32 man bracket (or less)? 64 man double elim is a fucking nightmare, as we can see. It's hard to get so many schedules to line up.

It's not like people are traveling from another state and paying a bunch of money to enter a tournament, here. That was always the logic behind double elim: in case you have a bad game, you aren't completely out and your trip isn't a complete waste of time/money. Wifi tournaments, on the other hand, you want to get done as quickly and painlessly as possible. If you lose? No big deal, on to the next one.

I'd be down to do 8 or 16 man brackets in a single night, especially when the Tournament mode is added to the Wii U version.

smaller tournaments? yeah sure, however I might be considering a round robin tournament instead

oh, and my own stage rules :p

Top Bottom