• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

Fjordson

I forgot about Yakuza 5. Can't wait for that.

Genuinely surprised at number 1 :/
Eh, people loved them some Naughty Dog . Looks boring like all the other Uncharted games based on what they've shown so far, but I'm not shocked other people are into it.

delta25

Banned
Nice to see The Order make the top ten. For a game rife with so much negative criticism gaf sure has a lot interest in it.

As excited as I am about UC4 its also the most likely on the list to get delayed into 2016.

I feel like that reward should go to Zelda U; it's hard for me to imagine that the game will ship in 2015 when I take into account Zelda's development history, the state of the WiiU, and the fact that they (EAD3) don't seem to want to talk about anything more substantial than the big green hub that connects the player to the levels and narrative elements.
:p

Wow my count had MGSV at #4 lol. Like I said in the original thread only a few changes here and there could swing everything around throughout the list. Top 4 real close, bottom 3 real close.

mine was uncharted, bloodborne, zelda, mgsv in that order. But yeh I didn't omit many votes unless it was just horrible formatting

Going to be a fantastic year thats for sure

daveo42

Banned
If they do another one at E3 then ND are fucking unstoppable this year. But, for some reason my gut tells me this game is getting delayed to Q1 2015.

I'm sure you mean 2016 :p

...but I'll hold off on making any predictions on that until later in the year. I think we should have a better picture of whether or not it'll make Holiday 2015 around E3. I wouldn't expect another demo like that either at E3 due to time constraints and the level of polish expected for anything shown on stage there.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Ugh, Uncharted...

At least MGSV managed to grab 2nd place. Good work Diamond Dawgs
ilfykcT3XDAg7.gif

Begaria

I used to think that Uncharted wouldn't make 2015 until that Gameinformer story came out, now I'm almost positive it's making November 2015. Apparently U4 has been in development since almost immediately after U3 and got even more people developing it after TLOU shipped in 2013, and then the rest of the team jumped about after Left Behind. That's going to be a good four years or so of development time.

Endo Punk

My gut feeling says otherwise. Uncharted the series always launched around the Holiday season. It is also the biggest franchise Sony has other than Gran Turismo. Sony will miss out big time if it doesn't release during the holiday season.

UC3 suffered because of it and after that ND promised they will never launch a game before its done.

Have to admit I'm surprised as well about The Order's high ranking, visuals and art style are that important to some?

Also, Batman should've been higher.

Still, a good list overall, can't wait for U4 as well.

They are really killing the hype with this one, all they do is talk about the bat mobile, and none of the changes to the gameplay sound really positive.

sora87

Surprised Persona 5 was that low seeing a lot of posters putting it at number 1 on their list.
Year of PS4 for sure. Wii U very close though.

No Rise of the Tomb Raider in the top 20 never mind the top 10, is very surprising

Not really. It's only releasing on the XB1 in 2015. There are less XB1 owners on GAF in comparison to PS4/PC/Wii U owners(at least based on that poll). And it was a given that even most XB1 owners would rank Halo 5/Quantum Break higher on their lists.

If it was a full multiplatform release in 2015, then yeah I agree it would be suprising.

I'm suprised that The Order made the top 10 after so many users claiming the game has "little hype."

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Not really. It's only releasing on the XB1 in 2015. There are less XB1 owners on GAF in comparison to PS4/PC/Wii U owners(at least based on that poll). And it was a given that even most XB1 owners would rank Halo 5/Quantum Break higher on their lists.

If it was a full multiplatform release in 2015, then yeah I agree it would be suprising.

Also we haven't seen a single frame of it yet.

SykoTech

Thanks for doing this shinobi, hope you feel better.

Looking forward o over half the games in the Top 10, which is probably a record for me.

I dont know why you are exaggerating. Are we not allowed to disagree with Order being in the top 10 without being called bitter and salty?

Nah, he's right. There's a big difference between just disagreeing about The Order's placing and calling people fanboys, being judgmental by saying they only care about graphics, and the other stuff some people are pulling in this thread. That is indeed being "bitter and salty". And I say this as someone who doesn't give a damn about The Order at all anymore.

I don't think anyone minds disagreements (at least I hope), but the insults and generalizations are annoying.

SuomiDude

4 games that I voted in top 20. People know their shit. Lots of other good games coming out as well even if I don't have interest in them. Seems to be great year for gaming.
(Also got a quote on Zelda, yay!)

Endo Punk

In terms of sales it didn't. You can do promises, but at the end ND is at the whim of Sony.

I dunno Sony tends to keep ND off the leash unlike its other studios. It depends if they have more than one exclusive for the fall I guess. They certainly can't go without a big exclusive for another holiday season

I love how there are still fanboy gripes in this thread despite the list being statistically collected via direct member input. This is one time you don't get to say "lolol that looks awful". Just let it go for once, please. There'll be plenty of opportunities to hate on games you haven't played in the coming months!

You can be surprised by stuff, but don't put other members down by blindly and flatly rejecting their choices.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Half the list are Japanese games, that's gotta be a new record in recent years.

I'm suprised that The Order made the top 10 after so many users claiming the game has "little hype."
I remember that poll but forgot the results. Do you remember?
What was it like 50% sony, 20% xbox

Great list. Uncharted, MGSV, Zelda, Bloodborne, Xenoblade, No Man's Sky and Batman are all really high on my personal list for this year.

sam777

True I guess so, especially when the Order is 10 and Halo and QB are below it.

random25

Pretty diversified list. My thoughts:

- No Xbox One exclusive in the top 10? I wonder how far Halo was as far as votes to #10 spot is concerned.
- Surprised there's no FFXV. Guess everyone is not expecting it this year lol.
- Surprised MGSV TPP never took the top spot, considering MGS has one of the most solid fan bases around GAF.
- Zelda vs. Bloodborne still going at it lol.
- GAF should make a retrospective of each anticipated titles in the top 10 next year, just for fun :p

wmlk

Pretty diversified list. My thoughts:

- No Xbox One exclusive in the top 10? I wonder how far Halo was as far as votes to #10 spot is concerned.
- Surprised there's no FFXV. Guess everyone is not expecting it this year lol.
- Surprised MGSV TPP never took the top spot, considering MGS has one of the most solid fan bases around GAF.
- Zelda vs. Bloodborne still going at it lol.
- GAF should make a retrospective of each anticipated titles in the top 10 next year, just for fun :p

FFXV votes weren't counted.

I dunno Sony tends to keep ND off the leash unlike its other studios. It depends if they have more than one exclusive for the fall I guess. They certainly can't go without a big exclusive for another holiday season

From what I noticed, last generation Sony doesn't delay a game if it's unfinished. Gran Turismo 5 for example, it launched without the ability to fine tune gear ratio. That was preposterous in a simulation game.

Also I also believe there is a lot more going on in the background that they wouldn't want people to see. Before the Amy Hemming issue, people had this perception that ND was a big family in a way. That is due to the behind the scene videos that ND had on Uncharted 2. Which was great from a PR standpoint, but is that how it's really like? There has to be politics involved...

Mifune

Mehmber
No Rise of the Tomb Raider in the top 20 never mind the top 10, is very surprising

Nothing has been shown of it, though. Once MS/Crystal show it off I'm sure people will get more excited. In my opinion, though, it sucks that it's cross-gen. Wish it was new-gen only.

Muzy72

Banned
Splatoon should've been #10 instead of The Order, but otherwise the list is great. 2015 is going to be amazing! My PS4 and Wii U are going to get a lot of use next year :)

bombshell

It's a sound idea but man, I think one list is enough for me lol...

Unless I get help again next year, then we could work on implementing that into there :)

Are you counting manually, or do you have a script to do it?

I can understand it's a lot of work if you are doing it manually.

Nestunt

Finally The Witcher not on the top 3 of a site. I was starting to get worried for CD Project and all the hype built during 2 years that they have to deal with and probably want to deliver to

5 PS4 ( 4 PS4 exclusives + 1 Cross-gen w PS3 )
2 Wii U exclusives
3 Multiplatform games
0 Xbox One games

Congrats to No Mans Sky for popping that insane list. I'm glad Rime was well represented as well.

Top Bottom