• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Motooni

Was lucky enough to get this in one of SoldatJ's runs for Rupika...

Heaven%20Striker%20Tekker_zpsu5zswasf.jpg

Should work well with my RAmarl. Now to get the Striker Coat. It probably won't happen quickly since my purplenum HU will be split between that and Yas9000M hunts. Oh well, gives me time to raise the new mag.

Help PSObros, I can't get the options working on Windows 10. All I get is this:

And it tells me to select a resolution or it won't save the options. I'm already running in administrator mode and have WinXP compatibility settings on.

Zalusithix

Help PSObros, I can't get the options working on Windows 10. All I get is this:

And it tells me to select a resolution or it won't save the options. I'm already running in administrator mode and have WinXP compatibility settings on.

You don't need any compatibility settings. That said, try flipping the color depth back and forth from 32>16>32. I know at 16 I get nothing.

N.A

Banned
Halloween will be active October 20th-November 10th. Xmas will be active December 10th - January 1st.

I will be back online regularly soon. I've been really busy irl lately combined with the fact that all the stuff I want to do on the server cannot be done until the server software has it's big update.

I have still been responding to support tickets for broken mags etc.

Registration has been open for a while I just didn't want to publicise it until the big server update. Anyone who wants to play can go to: http://www.neopso.com/register-test/

Fedemgsuy

hey, N.A i sent you a pm with my desired account detailas, and then i read about the open registration, so, just ignore it :D
Im a total noob, but i looking forward to play.

thedan001

Posting this for new players

This is the preferred xbox 1/360 controller config set up, it follows the standard from official servers (DC/GC/BB)

Keep in mind PS DualShock controllers don't follow the same format, maybe I will post DS version if anyone is interested

Pl9kmvql.png

SoldatJ

Neo Member
I'm trying to make a Heavenly/Technique, but I'm having trouble finding an Ice Sword, Soul Edge and Devil's Beam. If anyone has these, I will pay in PD's for them. Otherwise, does anyone know what difficulty ??? Swords and ??? Edges drop? Beams seem to drop pretty frequently on H, but I haven't seen the other two as of yet.

I'm trying to make a Heavenly/Technique, but I'm having trouble finding an Ice Sword, Soul Edge and Devil's Beam. If anyone has these, I will pay in PD's for them. Otherwise, does anyone know what difficulty ??? Swords and ??? Edges drop? Beams seem to drop pretty frequently on H, but I haven't seen the other two as of yet.

Think I found those in Normal Ruins. Should be worth a look anyways.

Jackano

I'll try to look into this a bit. Hunting non-rares... Sound refreshing :)
So Claire Deal work in the end? What should I know/look for in this?

SoldatJ

Neo Member

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

I'll try to look into this a bit. Hunting non-rares... Sound refreshing :)
So Claire Deal work in the end? What should I know/look for in this?

I'm pretty sure it works, but I haven't exchanged anything as of yet. I use this guide for claire's quest. However, we only have claire's quest 4, so the only two things we can make are Heavenly/Techniques and Angel Rings. Once we get claire's quest 5, all the items in the link should be available.

I have new presents for people!

The above is for Lyriam, but I also have a Dragon Scale and a Heavenly/Arms. PM me, or talk to me in game if you want them.

tmtyf

Posting this for new players

This is the preferred xbox 1/360 controller config set up, it follows the standard from official servers (DC/GC/BB)

Keep in mind PS DualShock controllers don't follow the same format, maybe I will post DS version if anyone is interested

Pl9kmvql.png

if you could post the ds version i would appreciate it

Zalusithix

if you could post the ds version i would appreciate it

The pictures don't really help since what button 1/2/3/etc are on the pad aren't intuitive.
  • Move axis is defined fine from the get go, as are the selects.
  • Action palette middle = X
  • Action palette right = Circle
  • Action palette left = Square
  • Action palette top = Triangle
  • Prev Page = Left Trigger (L2)
  • Next Page = Right Trigger (R2)
  • Menu open = Whatever you want. I used the right bumper / R1.
  • Right analog left/right = Right stick kicked to the right.
  • Right analog forward/back = Right stick kicked to the top.
At the main menu upon starting up the game, the button layouts aren't loaded yet. You'll have to use square to advance. After you get to character select, the last loaded profile should take effect and the controller act as you'd expect it to.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
If anyone was planning on exchanging items in Claire's Quest, I implore you not to!!!

You can exchange the items successfully, but the newly made item will not show up in your inventory because they are all currently on the "not allowed" list. I have PM'd N.A on the matter, so we'll see how this pans out.

Jackano

If anyone was planning on exchanging items in Claire's Quest, I implore you not to!!!

You can exchange the items successfully, but the newly made item will not show up in your inventory because they are all currently on the "not allowed" list. I have PM'd N.A on the matter, so we'll see how this pans out.

Ouch :(
That really sucks. Hopefully this will easily be fixed by NA.

N.A

Banned
The Halloween event is now underway until November 10th.

Will look into this and restore your items.

Late night PSO has become so lonely...is it MGS5's fault that nobody stuck around?

Spending my nights in VH Ep4 trying to get that V101. It's totally not dropping lol.

thedan001

School is sucking my free time away from gaming, especially PSO

I've been burnt out badly from soloing TTF's, at least 1 red ring dropped so far, if anyone else wants to keep farming TTF for red ring, lemme know and I'll dual client again for the ID droprate

I need the exp haha

ShadowGeistX, ask me if im online and ill help with v101

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Previous Guides:
0-PSOBB Monster Count Guide
1-How to obtain:Kan'ei Tsuho,Lollipop, and Stealth Suit
2-Government Quests
3-How to obtain:Ranger Wall/Force Wall/Hunter Wall and other
4-How to obtain:Striker of Chao (Branch of Paku Paku Conversion), Black Ring and Purple Ring or Luck Material
5-How to Obtain:God Hand,Supressed Gun, and Technical Croizer
6-How to obtain Soul Eater
7-How to obtain Akiko's Frying Pan

How to obtain: Jack-O'-Lantern
* This quest is only available during the Halloween Season (Usually from October 19-November 10th)
* This quest can be done in any difficulty
* This Quest can be found under the Event Section in Episode 2
* For detail information on Jack-O'-Lantern Click Here
* For a list on the mag cells you get when you open the Jack-O'-Lantern Click Here
* For information on how to use the Mag Cells that you get from the Jack-O'-Lantern Click Here
*Important information
-There are 2 versions of the Quest so I will be showing the 2 different versions of the Quest
-The type of cake you get at the end of the quest is based on your Guild Card Number so it doesn't matter if you finish the quest with a different character on the same account you will still receive the same cake.
-The number of cakes you get at the end of the quest are based on the number of players that finished the quest so if you did the quest by yourself you get 1 cake, if you did the quest with 3 other players you get 4 pieces of the same cake.
-You can only obtain 1 Jack-O'-Lantern per character
-You need 8 different cakes to obtain the Jack-O'-Lantern
- Cakes are different by Topping or Cream Example: Peaches(Topping) Blueberry Sauce(Cream) and Peaches(Topping) Butter Cream(Cream) are counted as 2 different cakes even thou they have the same Topping.
-I only show you how to get 2 different types of cake in this guide(your Guild Card Cake and the Rappy Cake) you WILL NEED to trade cake with other players to obtain the other 6 different cakes
-You can only obtain one Rappy Cake per character

Version A of the Quest: Jungle Area Quest:piooner Halloween
When you start of just clear the room and take the middle door
clear the next room and go inside the cave to press a switch to unlock the door to the next area
once you cleared the area head into the cave
you will enter a transporter into Jungle Area East make your way out of the cave and clear the room take the transporter
and take the right path
clear this last room and go meet the cake sisters to obtain the cake for the kids
you will get cake yourself for finishing the quest
***Extra
You can find out what type of cake you have by showing it to the baker in from of the Guild Hall Desk

Version B of the Quest: Mountain Area Quest:piooner Halloween
In this version you will start of on the Mountain area
clear this room and head to the next area
nothing special in the next area so proceed down to where the door is in this small area you need to find 4 switches to open the door:
There one in a bush
There is one inside the cave by the door
and the last 2 switches are in front of the locked door
proceed to the next room and make a left turn to a blue transporter that teleports you across the rocks (now this room is full of traps so you can either destroy them all or avoid them) turn around when you teleport and you will see a fence switch right behind you
press it and run down the room pass the unlock fence before time runs out and go into the red transporter into the Seaside Area
in the first area you will see a bunch of rocks and one of them will be on fire
touch the rock to make enemies spawn and kill them, then a another rock will lit up on fire so go touch that one, basically all the rock will lit up and spawn monsters once you touch all of the rocks and killed all of the Monsters proceed to the next room, there's nothing special here so kill the room and proceed to the next room
in here cleared the room and head to the next area
clear this last room and head to the next area
to get your cake from the cake sisters
***Extra
If you want to get the Rappy Cake (Lemon Cake) follow these directions
once you obtain your cake from the cake sisters in the Seaside Area go back up to the start of the 2nd area and you will see a hidden path
destroy the rock in your way and proceed to the end of the cave an take the blue transporter to the meet the Halloween Rappys
talk to the far left Rappy and he will ask you how many Rappy are around and you will answer 25 and he will give you a Rappy Cake (Lemon Cake)

Jack-O'-Lantern
If you already have the 8 different cakes with you talk to the Rappy in the middle and he will ask for 8 different cakes
once you give him the cakes he will reward you with a Jack-O'-Lantern

School is sucking my free time away from gaming, especially PSO

I've been burnt out badly from soloing TTF's, at least 1 red ring dropped so far, if anyone else wants to keep farming TTF for red ring, lemme know and I'll dual client again for the ID droprate

I need the exp haha

ShadowGeistX, ask me if im online and ill help with v101

I have an extra V101 in the bank you can have. I was saving in case older people returned, but that doesn't seem likely anymore.

That's super generous of you guys! I might take you up on the offer since I've been going nonstop weekend nights on VH Ep4 maximum attack. It's getting quite monotonous.

Tybolt

Banned
I'm trying to run this full screen on a wide resolution and it always hangs/becomes unresponsive as it loads up the ship select. Using launcher.exe and regular resolutions work just fine. Is there a fix for that?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm trying to run this full screen on a wide resolution and it always hangs/becomes unresponsive as it loads up the ship select. Using launcher.exe and regular resolutions work just fine. Is there a fix for that?

Full Screen is broken.

Run in Window Mode.

Escalario

Banned
So I've finally applied for an account. I've played Ep1+2 on GC for few hours, liked it, but dropped because of lack of online. While I wait for the reply, could you guys tell me which Section ID would be the best for a Human Male Ranger that would be using Rifles?

thedan001

So I've finally applied for an account. I've played Ep1+2 on GC for few hours, liked it, but dropped because of lack of online. While I wait for the reply, could you guys tell me which Section ID would be the best for a Human Male Ranger that would be using Rifles?

Greenil or Purplenum for #noregrets

I play every now and then, ask me if you wanna run together sometime and I will join if available

My character name is neon

SoldatJ

Neo Member

If you need any early game equipment, I can give you a ton of hand-me-downs that will be useful until you get to level 80ish.

Escalario

Banned
If you need any early game equipment, I can give you a ton of hand-me-downs that will be useful until you get to level 80ish.

Thanks for the offer :3 But I'll have to refuse. I like to play self-found unless it's endgame stuff that can take dozens of hours of farming.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Re-promise, I'm still alive. :p

Don't worry about it so much. I think the majority of players are burnt out, myself included. Even when I log in, I don't stick around very long because there's no one to play with.

That time I made you stay up with me playing Episode IV until like 4AM will be a fond memory of mine. haha.

I was playing single player on an original xbox via a hacked disc that bypassed the XBL check, then that xbox died, so now I'm gonna join this and reroll! I had finished ep.1 through hard or very hard, i forget which. prob hard.

I hope episode 4 is cool!

I saw that schthack is basically dusted:

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/11/13...tar-online-private-server-officially-offline/

I do hope NeoPSO keeps going. PSO is one of those games I like to play once a year or so and with SCHTHACK going down permanently I feel like there'd be a void if there wasn't a regular ass PSOBB server going. (other servers are wacky 300% drop rate high rare creature spawns type stuff and anime-gifs in the lobby.)

yep, great winter game. grindin' while comfy under the covers~

I messaged OP yesterday, but if anyone sees this and has the link handy, please PM me thanks!

edit: nm, i forgot I wouldn't be registered. dur

NeOak

I saw that schthack is basically dusted:

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/11/13...tar-online-private-server-officially-offline/

I do hope NeoPSO keeps going. PSO is one of those games I like to play once a year or so and with SCHTHACK going down permanently I feel like there'd be a void if there wasn't a regular ass PSOBB server going. (other servers are wacky 300% drop rate high rare creature spawns type stuff and anime-gifs in the lobby.)

Sylverant seems to be a normal server, and DC/GC work on it.

Top Bottom