• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neptune VII confirmed for PS4

WTF there's already 7 of these?

No, this is the fourth main-line title. "VII" is for "Victory 2" (the third game was called "Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory,") not the roman numeral for 7.

Of course, this is the seventh game if you count the spinoffs (a rhythm/idol raising sim game similar to Love Live, a strategy RPG, and a musou game, respectively,) so the double meaning may be intentional.

Western release confirmed?

It hasn't been explicitly confirmed, but considering that IFI has been localizing every one of the Vita spinoffs/remakes, them bringing over a mainline game for a platform that actually sells in the US seems like a pretty safe bet.

Gradon

Idea/Compile actually making 3+ jRPGs for PS4, because they already announced Fairy Fencer Prequel for PS4 (+neptunia ps4 + omega quintet ps4 +proably 1 more title)

thats a lot

It's pretty funny when you consider that CH stated that VII was originally going to be three different games at some point in development.

mejin said:
Western release confirmed?
Idea Factory International are already bringing Omega Quintet physically to the US/EU.
I have no doubt in my mind that VII will be announced soon.

mejin

It hasn't been explicitly confirmed, but considering that IFI has been localizing every one of the Vita spinoffs/remakes, them bringing over a mainline game for a platform that actually sells in the US seems like a pretty safe bet.

It's pretty funny when you consider that CH stated that VII was originally going to be three different games at some point in development.

Idea Factory International are already bringing Omega Quintet physically to the US/EU.
I have no doubt in my mind that VII will be announced soon.

That's good news, thanks.

Actually, It may be the first in the series I'll play.

The website's shop page (NSFW) is nearly filled up with pre-order bonuses now. This is pretty adorable.

yy9QyWw.png

This, on the other hand, is an affront to the natural order of the world.

HUpdwU6.png

Why would you taint glorious hatless Blanc like this? Why?

HGH

Banned
Neptunia PS4s.
I can hear all the Compile Heart eggs going into this basket. I sure hope the eggs don't break!
I assume most people will get the Black model or something. Bleh.

The new trailer was great. It looks like V II is going to be the best yet.

The graphics on display in the trailer give me renewed hope that a Vita version may see release as well.

Otherwise, this will finally be the game that makes me buy a PS4. :D

Gradon

Those cutscenes! Wow, the game is looking to be the best Neptunia game released so far.
I just love how far Compile Heart games have come. Fangirling away ~

back to polygonal models for cutscenes? hmmmm

Pretty sure that's just for the CG cutscenes. I'm pretty sure they have already shown they will be using the 2D portraits for the common cutscenes.

lonely

That was actually a really impressive trailer. Surprised by how good the visuals actually are and the additions to the battle system look great. Going to be hard not to import. >.<

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Idea factory has finally gotten high end PS2 graphics (outside of mocapped mouth movements SE perfected back then), it looks as colorful and bright as KH2...they grow up so fast -sniff-

HGH

Banned
They need to chill the fuck out on these games, they've released like ten in three years, hot damn.

Some website did a "History of Neptunia" featurette once.
Ten games, 5 years. Well, more like 3 games, 3 upgraded ports, 3 spinoffs, and one to be released game(VII was initially slated for 2014).
So yeah. Speaking of which...

Inuhanyou said:
Idea factory has finally gotten high end PS2 graphics (outside of mocapped mouth movements SE perfected back then), it looks as colorful and bright as KH2...they grow up so fast -sniff-
The above kinda reminds of all the KH games' development cycle. Except incredibly accelerated. I mean, VII took 3 years so I guess that beats KH3's 10 year+ cycle.
Also they're still using textures for mouths and eyes, but I don't think I wanna see CH attempt actual ones for some reason.

Corgi

Banned
they can churn games out because they reuse so much. world map is just 2d with no cities just being menus and maps that are reused often in multiple games AND even the same game 2-3 times. cutscenes are just VN style.

Pretty sure most of the effort for each game is new character animations.

They need to rebrand Arfoire as mobile gaming. The evil to destroy the game industry :p

A bit confused with the Next forms. Are they suppose to represent current gen consoles? Not really seeing them design wise.

HGH

Banned
Outside of this, the magazine also reveals that the Scout System from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory will return with improvements. The system lets players dispatch scouts to dungeons, and have them return with items, credits, and useful information.
They brought back Scouts. Whyyyyy... abandon the Plan system for this?

system11

I wish they'd put Iris Heart in somehow, I don't care what the excuse is, we've already ripped holes between universes.

HGH

Banned
Bad news abounds. From IF's Twitter:
It's Neptunia-related, but it appears that we have finally gotten into a fight with a major video game company...

Who do you guys think it is? I think either Square or Bandai would be the most likely to sue over trivial stuff.

Bad news abounds. From IF's Twitter:

Who do you guys think it is? I think either Square or Bandai would be the most likely to sue over trivial stuff.
Well raspberries. Yeah, either of those two are likely suspects. Leaning slightly more towards Bandai, since B-sha's money fixation makes her probably the most negatively portrayed of Gold Third, especially if they're still smarting from the Zestiria paid DLC issue.

Edit: While I remember, there're scans of the CPU Candidates about. All of them have new art.

No, this is the fourth main-line title. "VII" is for "Victory 2" (the third game was called "Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory,") not the roman numeral for 7.

Of course, this is the seventh game if you count the spinoffs (a rhythm/idol raising sim game similar to Love Live, a strategy RPG, and a musou game, respectively,) so the double meaning may be intentional.

Wait, there was a musou game?

Corgi

Banned
I'm just fantasizing square enix and bamco makers doing lewd things to each other in a cutscene that made the companies mad :3

Apparently that tweet isn't anything to worry about. According to someone over at the NISA forums, it's part of a series of tweets (1) (2) (3) and is more suggestive of some kind of friendly rivalry (or even a potential collab) with another company rather than anything more sinister.

Crayten

Banned
Wait is Steammax somehow related to Steam itself or just a coincidence ?

If the answer is yes ... Steam release confirmed :p ?

HGH

Banned
Apparently that tweet isn't anything to worry about. According to someone over at the NISA forums, it's part of a series of tweets (1) (2) (3) and is more suggestive of some kind of friendly rivalry (or even a potential collab) with another company rather than anything more sinister.

Damn viral marketing! Making me worried over nothing. Good to know.

Wait is Steammax somehow related to Steam itself or just a coincidence ?

If the answer is yes ... Steam release confirmed :p ?

Nah, it's STEAlth MArketing.

HGH

Banned
Seems like today is the day that won't stop giving. Here's an almost 10 minute video of a full boss battle. It shows everyone's new EXEs and such.
http://gamestalk.net/neptune-vii-16/

The two directors and Orange's VA are commenting and they're uh... a bit excitable and loud. So watch out for your ears.

Top Bottom