• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita) releasing 08/26 (NA) and 08/27 (EU)

Volcynika

LOS ANGELES, CA., June 24, 2014 – Idea Factory International is thrilled to announce today that Hyperdimension NeptuniaTM Re;Birth1, a new installment in the long-loved fan-favorite RPG series Hyperdimension Neptunia, will be released on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system in physical and digital forms in the North American market on August 26, 2014. It will also be available in digital form in the European market on August 27, 2014. Idea Factory International is also excited to reveal to fans in Australia that the game will be digitally released on the Australian PlayStation®Store!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 is a remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia, which was previously released for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in 2011. Updated event conversations, graphics, and newly added game mechanics will entertain fans who have already played the PlayStation 3 version of Hyperdimension Neptunia as well as newcomers to the series.

The official website for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 now features a new promotional trailer! Visit ideafintl.com/rebirth1 to find the trailer and more information about the game!

Story

Gamindustri: One of many parallel universes protected by four goddesses known as CPUs. Long ago, these four CPUs engaged in a war for supremacy known as the War of the Guardians. However, this war weakened their protective hold on the world inhabited by their people, and in turn it was flooded by monsters under the influence of an individual known as Arfoire.

During the War of the Guardians, one of the CPUs—Neptune—was defeated by the others and hurled down to the world's surface from the heavens. The fall caused Neptune to lose her memories, as learned by Compa and IF, who happen upon the fallen girl. A mysterious book containing knowledge of all Gamindustri's history suddenly speaks out to Neptune, Compa, and IF. With the assistance of this sentient book, the trio embark on an extraordinary journey across four different nations on a quest to save the entire world!

Key Features and Differences from the PlayStation®3 version

An overhauled battle system! Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 takes the original game and equips it with the battle system of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory! This gives the player a more in-depth gaming experience!

New scenario, new ending! The main story and event scenes are renewed from the PlayStation3 version. The core storyline will remain mostly the same, but the conversations between characters are all new! A new ending has been added as well! This will allow players returning from the PlayStation3 version to enjoy the game anew!

New “Remake System”! A new system has been added to Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1: the “Remake System”! It lets players customize and make changes to the game itself by obtaining “Plans”! Receive Blank Discs to craft your own Game Discs! You can create unique equippable items by burning Idea Chips (abilities) onto Blank Discs! Depending on the Idea Chips used, a Godly Game may result, which will grant you an additional ability!

DLC brings more playable characters and more! Additional characters will be playable through DLC; players can increase the level cap to 999; and additional monsters, quests, and dungeons will be available!

Gogo August.

Woo August.
I'll have no time to play this.

Interesting to see the new things in this. Well at least make it more worthwhile to play again.

still disappointed that its download only in the EU as importing a us version means you are locked out of DLC. (why cant sony have region free dlc servers..., microsofts store was much better in the 360 days cant speak of the XO as I havent seen the need to use that store much tbh)

Looking forward to getting into this series for the first time. Not looking forward to spending $40+ a week this fall for everything that's coming out :(

Stuart444

Looking forward to it though sad about DD only for Europe considering PP got a physical release here but bleh.

Will be nice to play through Neptunia and get further than the first dungeon this time. (couldn't get past that in the original, it was horrible. :/ )

The gameplay mechanics in the first game (original release) were terrible. Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

This is true

Wha? The gameplay was fine as far as JRPGs go. It was the terrible graphics that made my eyes bleed.

The gameplay of the first game was shit, 99.999999% of gamers that touched the game agree with this.

I had given up the series but then I got Victory, and it's waaaaaaaayyyy better.

Volcynika

The gameplay of the first game was shit, 99.999999% of gamers that touched the game agree with this.

I had given up the series but then I got Victory, and it's waaaaaaaayyyy better.

Even mk2 was a giant leap forward, but might as well wait for the Vita remake for that too.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to it, and I will support IFI in Europe, considering they will be pushing for physical over here once they "stabilize".
And because I will buy it day one, the game will surely be delayed in Europe for over a week, just like every other digital Vita game I've puchased/wanting to purchase day one. I'm sorry.

Tohsaka

Wha? The gameplay was fine as far as JRPGs go. It was the terrible graphics that made my eyes bleed.
It really wasn't. Not being able to manually heal was really stupid.
You call that good gameplay? Dem low standards.

The gameplay from the third game, which is what they're using for this port is much better than the original PS3 version, so it's good by comparison at least. I'm not denying that the gameplay was bad in the original.

Stuart444

Even mk2 was a giant leap forward, but might as well wait for the Vita remake for that too.

I didn't get Mk2 til I rented it and enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. Regretted not buying it and then got it properly not long after returning the rented version.

So yes, considering how much I disliked the original Neptunia, I am so glad I got Mk2, it got me into the serious properly :D

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It really wasn't. Not being able to manually heal was really stupid.

The gameplay from the third game, which is what they're using for this port is much better than the original PS3 version, so it's good by comparison at least. I'm not denying that the gameplay was bad in the original.
Good by comparison means nothing when they are both boring as fuck. I love Neptunia, but the gameplay is something I could never defend.

This is a great date for me! If i marathon xillia 2, i can finish that before this is out, and i can make significant progress in this before destiny is out, if not finish it!

Tohsaka

Good by comparison means nothing when they are both boring as fuck. I love Neptunia, but the gameplay is something I could never defend.

The gameplay definitely isn't the series' strong point, but Victory was the only one of the first three games with gameplay that I thought was compelling enough to platinum. I may do it again with this game if it's not too much of a pain.

Rocky

Banned
I didn't think the first one was terrible at all. I liked it much better than MK2. Better dungeons, better story and just better overall. I was kinda disappointed when I played Mk2, and that it wasn't much like the first one. Haven't played Victory yet, but it is in my backlog and I'll be playing it soon.

Shizuka

PS. We've been working hard on the Limited Edition of Neptunia Re;Birth1. However, there are still some details that we need to finalize before announcing this pretty awesome limited edition to you all. We appreciate your patience! Thank you!

Just don't make it any retailer exclusive, IFI.

The only Neptunia game I've played is Victory and I thought it was a pretty decent game.

Any game that features transformation/henshin automatically has my interest.

Top Bottom