• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nesbox developer creates HTML5 workaround for XB1

Izuna

Banned
I believe the site utilises a W3C standard joystick API or somethin. Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox all support it I think.

I have a lot of reading to do, I haven't even heard of that~

thanks (what makes it incompatible with PS4 then?)

josh924

Banned
I'm excited for the OneDrive save support too. The save states have been working for me (did you press lb&rb and then "a" on "save state?"), but at the same time, I'd love them to be a little more secure.

Yup. I played some Super Mario World and some P.O.W. (an old SNK beat'em up on the NES) and the save states delete themselves as soon as I close the tab or the browser; ditto for SMW's in-game save slots.

Edit: Oh, wow...I went to try again and I saw that the aforementioned games were still in the nesbox library. Not only that, but an old SMW save state managed to survive my previous cache clearing (from when I gave up on trying to get save states to work). Still, I won't fully trust my save states to stay until OneDrive saving is added.

edit nevermind got it working

IMG_20160926_213318061_HDR_zpsbgu07fsb.jpg

YES

New version out now - now with save states saving directly to One Drive (eliminating the possibility that a browser cache clear would delete saves). As well, joystick support! Between this and the button config update, this is really a great, great feature for X1 owners.

The NESBOX emulator is now a 3/4 player support away from being feature complete, in my eyes. Apparently the dev is working on it?

Top Bottom