• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neuralink demo stream with a guy playing a chess videogame using his mind

Embearded

black mirror GIF by Product Hunt

Roni

Gold Member
That Cyberpunk dystopia inching closer and closer...

I kid, this is great. This is the shit technology is all about. There's already people walking around using arms powered by AI that can work in synch with their real arm. It's bonkers... What a time to be alive.

Kikorin

If you are old enough you'll remember this Neural Controller presented at GDC 2007, it was working and you could even move in a 3D spaces with some training.

9lDJQq9.jpg

I think it never released tho, but I dreamed about this thing so much as a kid. I wanted to use it for things like quickly change weapons or reload in Counterstrike lol

mitch1971

I'm waiting on someone from the loony brigade to shout about him losing his right to be fully disabled and clearly doesn't want to play chess.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So it got trained by the impulses from him moving the mouse with his hand, so now he imagines moving the mouse and it moves the cursor?
Impressive.

I want no part of this personally but this will be life changing for the disabled.

One has to wonder how mental health or first response/impulse affects such things. I know my internal monologue can second guess etc. I suppose you have to train your thoughts for mind reading. Imagine having a live stream of your consciousness, it's not always right or well formed first go round, if you know what I mean. Iterations, permutations, learning and shaping thoughts on a fly by wire approach seem like AI would be validating thoughts more than the thoughts themselves. The blurring of the lines of thought process is going to be weird AF.

1mHY.gif

Top Bottom