• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neversoft is now working on Call of Duty.

Tunavi

Banned
What's Activision going to do when people stop liking this series?
fire
everyone.gif

Holy Wars

Banned
Rhythm games have been around for a long time.

They've not been as consistently popular as FPS' have been for years and years. People just like making the comparison because it's an easy way to prove their point. Music games are nothing like online multiplayer FPS'

I'm not sure about this.

Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer was a big disappointment and it makes me wary about future games that have multiple developers handling each mode.
Which really stings because I loved MW2 (yeah I know).

Plus...It's Neversoft. I don't think I've ever really enjoyed a game they've made.

FStop7

Banned
Weren't Neversoft and Raven involved in MW3 along with Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer? It was like an all hands on deck kind of thing to get it out on time.

Riposte

COD: Aerosmith

If 1 a year is good, 2 or 3 is better right? Unless they learned their lesson, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

I see this comparison often.

Here is the thing: Guitar Hero (and etc) was really kind of fucking boring. That was a fad in every sense of the word. It is the same old rhythm game painted over with a gimmicky way to input commands (which unlike DDR didn't really give much physical satisfaction) and the fact it has so many songs to play to which people might actually like in America (much unlike the Konami rhythm games of the past). Took up a bunch of space too.

Call of Duty is not a dressed up version of simon says. It is not coasting on the appeal of a tracklist. Comparing what a multiplayer (or even single player) game of Call of Duty does to the brain compared to Guitar Hero should make the difference clear. Though it may not be the best FPS, it is the most accessible and known form of that and the FPS isn't going away. CoD will need to be dethroned (I actually think the market will be evened out more over 2-4 games, e.g. CoD, Battlefield, etc).

Weren't Neversoft and Raven involved in MW3 along with Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer? It was like an all hands on deck kind of thing to get it out on time.

Hindsight and all but considering how MW3 can only dream of the legs Black Ops had it definitely wasn't Activision's best idea.

CamHostage

I am also gonna guess Vita version..but I don't know

It's the only answer that would keep this from being a total tragedy for fans of Neversoft's great legacy, but I'm not sure why that wouldn't have been one of the announcement details when they gave the Declassified name? I know that they kept it slim on details, but saying that a AAA-quality developer involved could have helped maintain the hype now that the game has gone dark again.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What's Activision going to do when people stop liking this series?

Maybe COD is just like Pokemon and when some people grow up of it or get tired and stop playing it there is another new generation of gamers going to buy and play it for the first time.

Krilekk

Banned
It was inevitable; Guitar Hero's no more, so Activision added them to the rotation of CoD developers. Raven is next for sure. The next CoD is probably going to be spear headed by Neversoft or a mix of Neversoft and one of Activision's other CoD developers.

Raven was forced to develop CoD map packs since Singularity tanked.

Top Bottom