• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Attorney announced in this week's Famitsu

Refyref

Hmm, if that scan's real, then the main character looks like a young mix of Phoenix and Apollo.

Edit:
Court-Records.net @CourtRecords_
Full title: Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (Grand Turnabout Trial - The Adventures of Naruhodou Ryuunosuke)

Naruhodou Ryuunosuke? I guess it really is supposed to be Meiji-Wright.

L~A

Full title is : Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (Grand Turnabout Trial - The Adventures of Naruhodou Ryuunosuke).

Source @ Court-Records Twitter :)

FluxWaveZ

Full title is : Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (Grand Turnabout Trial - The Adventures of Naruhodou Ryuunosuke).

Source @ Court-Records Twitter :)

Ah, so the descendant route it is. Can't wait to see how they depict the ancestors of the various main characters.

Zalman

Yeah, this game is not getting localized. They don't even have an iconic main character since Phoenix isn't here. :(

Asbear

Banned
Game's probably going to be fantastic, but after PLvsPWAA which had the same "theme" sort of, I'm disappointed he didn't go in another 'direction' than just the same idea, different time-period.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So no Phoenix??? How are they going to pull this off?
AAI didn't feature Phoenix at all and it still managed to be good. They didn't even mention him by name once, only did so in a few (not so) subtle references. I trust that this new game is going to be good too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Huh, I've got the new Famitsu in front of me and I'm not seeing it listed in the game index. What page is this info?

Jintor

He got a sword too. Don't know why, maybe prosecutors were much more violent and savage back then :p

tumblr_msnw1xz0O51sobdp8o3_r1_500.gif

Yeah, this game is not getting localized. They don't even have an iconic main character since Phoenix isn't here. :(
All that has to be done is name him "_______ Wright" people will instantly make the connection. Plus, we got Pokemon Conquest and AA5 sold really well. If we don't get this game, I'll be surprised.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I have a strong feeling that even if it comes to the West, Capcom will find a way to fuck it up.

RiggyRob

Can anyone PM me a link to the scans, or is that a GAF no-no?

Edit: Interesting, the design's a little bland (nice and formal in all black though) but the
sword could make for some unique animations a la Blackquill

Famassu

Heh, this is what I said a little over 2 months ago

So, I see three possibilities

1) It's another Ace Attorney game that does something completely new like Ace Attorney Investigations. Maybe a kind of mix between Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney in a way that it's somewhat less about the trials & investigation and more about the action, drama & other kinds of events that can happen during the trials and investigations (i.e. someone is at a trial to shoot one of the key witnesses and you have to prevent that by manipulating the people & environments not to lose your case). I'm being completely hypothetical here just to showcase how big of a chance I mean with this possibility-suggestion

2) It's kind of like a mainline entry, but they are finally brining the changes that the whole "dark age of the law" stuff in AJ & DD has been preminising, so some big changes to how the trial part of the game advances

3) It's kind of like a mainline entry, but maybe Takumi will tackle a game that changes the setting completely (i.e. the game is set in the 18th century with all new characters, somewhat different trial & investigation systems etc.)

Glass Rebel

Won't get excited until I see an announcement for Europe but the main char's design looks cool albeit a bit simple. Real test will be the female partner though.

Asbear

Banned
Main dude doesn't look like Phoenix Wright.

It's drawn by the same guy who did Phoenix' artwork in PLvsPWAA, and IMO it definitely shows and he does have a resemblance to Phoenix Wright as he looked in PLvsPWAA.

I wonder what his name would be in english though?

Top Bottom