• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Attorney announced in this week's Famitsu

Ramenman

Yeah, this game is not getting localized. They don't even have an iconic main character since Phoenix isn't here. :(

I don't know, all this talk about "how are they gonna localize we're doomed" is kind of weird to me. That's like saying no Samurai game or movie ever came out in the West because they're full of japanese cultural elements that couldn't be disguised as western.

If the first AA games were "disguised" the way they were by Capcom, it's because they could.

If this is very different and has only little ties to the other AA games story wise (as hinted at by the time period and Takumi who said it would be "very different" or something), they wouldn't have a problem saying "OKAY THIS AA GAME TAKES PLACE IN ANCIENT JAPAN GUYS".

And Apollo Justice didn't say "Phoenix Wright" anywhere either on the box, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem (there probably wouldn't even be a physical box anyway :D )

OMG Aero

He got a sword too. Don't know why, maybe prosecutors were much more violent and savage back then :p
Well Layton vs Wright already has a prosecutor with a sword so maybe this is just the logical conclusion of that and now court battles are actually sword fights.
XGlfvqK.jpg

Javier

Calling it: One of the cases is going to be based on the story Edgeworth tells in Case 1-5. (The origin of the word "contradiction").

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Eh I'd actually say there's a reasonable chance of localisation assuming 5 did reasonably. They just have to translate and release on eShop.

Maybe the game being during the Meiji Period will finally make the localizators realize that this game takes place in Japan, not in America, though my hopes aren't to high, guess they'll still eat hamburgers at least.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Maybe his assistant is Ami Fey, the founder.

Good chance of that happening or Ami Fey's daughter that would resembled as Maya.

Good.. but how does Meji work with the Ace Attorney canon.. like.. at all?

Clearly that you are skimmed through the thread. It's possibly that they are going with origin of Fey Clan.

Fey and Wright meant to be working together in weird warped of destiny. :p

Mr. RHC

Does it have to work with the canon?

I would certainly hope so, because at least the first trilogy was quite canon heavy, and that made the game fun.

Good chance of that happening or Ami Fey's daughter that would resembled as Maya.

Clearly that you are skimmed through the thread. It's possibly that they are going with origin of Fey Clan.

Interesting.. I don't know how and if it will work out, but I hope it's fun.

placing bets on one of the cases involving someone using ryuunosuke's sword for murder to frame him

because nicknosuke sure as hell isn't using that thing

KNT-Zero

What should be the title of the west version?

Ace Attorney Legends?
Mystical Ace Attorney?

The possibilities are endless.

DryvBy

Bahaha, might as well say your not buying it because we all know this game has a far less chance of a retail release than AA5 which was digital only.

Then I won't buy it. I'm not down with a digital-only future. I like options, and I like one option not relying on a server being up 10 years down the road.

HardRojo

So Capcom... Will this title be available physically overseas? I mean, you decided to release Remember me and Lost Planet 3 physically but not a title from one of your most loved franchises? Then again you do all kinds of stuff to Megaman so...

demidar

Then I won't buy it. I'm not down with a digital-only future. I like options, and I like one option not relying on a server being up 10 years down the road.

I also like options, like the option of buying a digital-only localized release rather than no release at all.

Hopefully the part about how this game is gonna be ,,completely different'' isn't only in regards to the setting. PLvsPW had new court gameplay and obviously somewhat of an adventure aspect through Layton, but I hope they take this even further, with more interactive court sessions and less being a visual novel (which became even more prominent in AA5)

Josh7289

So is this going to be set in an elaborate recreation of Meiji Japan somewhere in Los Angeles? Maybe they can explain that it was created for some historical movie. :p

KupoNut

Whoa, new time period means a whole cast of new characters right? Maybe even a trilogy? *drools* Ace Attorney design looks a bit meh but super excited to hear more.

Meiji era Japan?

How are they going to Americanize this guys...? Guys :(?

Capcom guys are going "Shit what do we do about this"

Maybe we'll see the inspiration for the Steel Samurai. Or they'll try to explain the origins of the Fey clan.

If the Fey in this game hooks up with this Wright, that would make Maya and Phoenix related by blood. Which would be troublesome for that ship.

LiK

The heck. Whatever, as long as it's localized, it could take place on another planet for all I care.

Ramenman

Good.. but how does Meji work with the Ace Attorney canon.. like.. at all?

Apparently no one is saying it will, at the moment. It seems Takumi emphasize quite clearly that this would be very different. Though it's hard to say how different "very different" is, that might mean there is no tie to the present-day story.

For all we know there might be very broad changes to the gameplay too.

Maybe the only thing that this game will have in common with other AA games is the "lawyer theme".

Exodist

I would get excited for this, but something tells me the Meiji setting means they'll never localise it. I mean, I bloody hope so, but I won't get hyped up too much just yet.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Apparently no one is saying it will, at the moment. It seems Takumi emphasize quite clearly that this would be very different. Though it's hard to say how different "very different" is, that might mean there is no tie to the present-day story.

For all we know there might be very broad changes to the gameplay too.

Maybe the only thing that this game will have in common with other AA games is the "lawyer theme".

The series need some shaking up anyway so I am fine with that. Makes it more refreshing

Top Bottom