• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amplitude songs announced (Crypt of the Necrodancer!) and gameplay video

Sami+

hype hype hype

Hey everyone,
The team has been hard at work putting together an amazing build for E3! Annette and DeVron will be rocking out at the Sony booth in the LA Convention Center for three straight days of Amplitude goodness next week. Stay tuned to our social accounts for the latest updates from the show floor.
In the spirit of E3, we thought it would be great to reveal some news on our soundtrack to our amazing backers and fans!

You may recall our announcement of external artists contributing to the Amplitude soundtrack a while back. We’re honored to have their music playable in our game!

C418 – All The Time
Danny Baranowsky – Crypteque (1-2)
Darren Korb – Impossible
Freezepop – Phantoms
George & Jonathan – Crystal
Jim Guthrie – Force Quit
Kodomo – Red Giant
Symbion Project – Semiotic

If you’re going to E3, you can swing on by the Sony booth and play the latest build of Amplitude with two of the new tracks: “Crypteque (1-2)” and “Red Giant”! Other playable tracks at E3 include “Astrosight”, “Decode Me”, “ICU”, “Perfect Brain”, “Phantoms”, “Wetware”, and “Recession”.
Now, it wouldn’t be a track reveal without gameplay video! Check out this snippet from “Crypteque (1-2)” below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CkSaGRwDQ

If you’re unable attend E3, don’t worry! Later this month we’re streaming Amplitude on Twitch! We’ll have more details as the show gets closer, but until then, click here to follow us on Twitch to know when we go live!
The soundtrack features more than 20 tracks so stay tuned for more song announcements in the future. We hope you’re excited for all the new artists appearing in Amplitude! Who is your favorite addition? Let us know in the comments or over on Twitter!
- HMXMudry

Here's the vid link again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CkSaGRwDQ

My nostalgia for Amplitude lies solely with the demo included on one of those Jampack discs - I wanna say it was a Garbage song on there that I played over and over as a kid. Loved that then, and I LOVE this now. So excited - great music too.

I'm glad that this got its own thread so I'm just going to copy what I said in the other one.

Impossible! I've been pretty much obsessing over Transistor lately and that's one of the stand out tracks from the game so to see that it's in this is great news. It also gives me hope that The Spine might make its way into Rock Band 4.

So fucking cool to see these info games represented! Wonder what else we'll? Or if there will be any Sony games represented?
I'm glad that this got its own thread so I'm just going to copy what I said in the other one.
Impossible is one of the better instrumental tracks in the game but I would've loved some vocals. Ashley Barrett's voice is spectacular.

Holy shit, I wasn't interested in this, but I really like that Transistor track. I'll keep an eye on this from now on, that's for sure! My favorite track from that game is In Circles, but I'm not sure if it would work on Amplitude.

Wouldn't be a Harmonix game without a Freezepop song lol. I'm really excited to play Phantoms, I had never heard it before until they played it at PAX East this year.

sn00zer

Woah gorgeous.... they are really nailing the original concept art
amplitude-2.jpg

0acb4b49d3d3799664319ab35d579b93_large.jpg

TMC

Absolutely cannot wait to play this. Definitely glad I backed up, but I was so hoping it would reach funding for online multiplayer. I was absolutely addicted to the online in Amplitude.

Top Bottom