• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity (and Rogue) Screenshots

Maggots

Banned
Agreed. It's about time we get rid of the flat-out flat textures in current-gen games.

Gotta sacrifice somewhere... there will always be some amount of detail sacrificed for more detail elsewhere... Developers will always choose to conserve resources on less important things. Especially in open world games. ... To expect different is to expect games to not be made of triangles and bitmaps

prudislav

Not sure I understand the lack of a PC version of Rogue..

I'll grab it on 360 anyway and double dip on the PC version like I have with all the other AC games.
well i understand it - they know that PC/current gen version would be superior with better framerate and such but they wantsell enough on lastgen without jeopardizing Unity at the same time and when Unity's hype fades (spring 2015) and if Rogue will be good enough - they will have current gen port

Also about PC port: "We will look into it very soon" as you can see in the video below
http://youtu.be/QH1GpPHuVLU?t=1m21s

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
At least they seem to get older, unlike the previous game. AC2 is the worse offender. Could swear 15 years went by without Ezio or anyone he knew getting older.

Try 23 years! 23 years and all that happens is Ezio getting a beard and a slightly deeper voice in the last sequence.

The jump from the end of Brotherhood to the start of Revelaitions was pretty darn bad too. Ezio spends seven years looking like he does at the end of Assassin's Creed 2, then in four more years, he suddenly becomes a
dashing
aging man with a tired
of being so darn good looking
face and greying hair.

Toa TAK

Banned
Try 23 years! 23 years and all that happens is Ezio getting a beard and a slightly deeper voice in the last sequence.

The jump from the end of Brotherhood to the start of Revelaitions was pretty darn bad too. Ezio spends seven years looking like he does at the end of Assassin's Creed 2, then in four more years, he suddenly becomes a
dashing
aging man with a tired
of being so darn good looking
face and greying hair.

Dude got SUPER pale, too. lol

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dude got SUPER pale, too. lol

I think that's more to do with the game's palette though. Much cooler than 2 and Brotherhood's warm Italy.

edit: even then, I think it's situational:

coyhQ.jpg

4 years later lol

Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Ezio-Sofia.jpg

Close to the same tone. He does look super pale in the intro cinematic, but so does everyone else. It's the environment.

robotrock

Banned
No, not for real. Anne Bonnie would be 87 years old by the time this game takes place if she were alive. Beyond that, a woman who claimed to be Anne Bonnie died in North America in 1782. So any way you slice it, no.

Right, I guess that makes sense. Was thinking about Rogue when I asked that, but I guess from the fact Haytham is in it, she probably won't show up.

Toa TAK

Banned
Close to the same tone. He does look super pale in the intro cinematic, but so does everyone else. It's the environment.
That makes sense. I always thought it was pretty funny when it first came out, but being under that hood so long and out of the sun could have those effects I suppose.

Lol so its the customers fault for not realising its not a true representation of the final product when its demonstrated in such a way that looks like ''this is our game, this the game you'll be playing''

Myself as a consumer would be so much more happy if the game devs under promised but over delivered, like R* have done.

as for specifics of the graphical differences,granted because its a different section of the game maybe the section would look the same but I doubt it. the lighting model does look superior not just outdoors but indoors aswell in the e3 demo and there is more things happening and more detail in the e3 demo, there's also more reflections in the e3 demo from puddles on the street to reflections on the widows, I dont think the E3 demo was gameplay at all but a pre recorded rendering.

I envy the people who ''cant see'',''understand'' or ''dont mind'' this issue, because to me its nothing but disappointment i'am getting sick of having.

Different time of day. Please don't be one of those people that shouts "DOWNGRADE!!" with the slightest differences.

Really excited for both of these games. My Xbox One is super busy this Christmas! Will Rogue be the last last-gen game I ever buy? Maybe

Kezen

Banned
The funny thing is, pre-downgrade Watch_Dogs had quite impressive POMs.

Yes, I remember the February 2013 demo (running on a PC by the way) with POM on the cobblestones.
No such thing in the final build, on any platform.
Watch Dogs took such a hit in the graphics department..It can't be overstated.

Unity should not suffer from that, only 3 platforms and a meaty budget. At the moment I'm not too impressed with what I've seen. It's just not the huge leap I was expecting from AC4.
Character models are greatly improved for sure but the environment, the textures, the lighting..Surely there is more that can be done.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The compression on these screens if horrendous!

AC3 was better IMO. The refinements to ship combat in AC4 were nice though.
I felt that the combat in AC3 was better because you could equip and buy different types of weapons and the animations weren't super janky because they were made for Connor instead of being sped up reskins.

Kiant

You can just tell those Rogue grabs are from the PS4/XBO/PC "Remaster" coming next year. No wayy it's going to look that good on PS3 and 360.

Toa TAK

Banned
AC3 was better IMO. The refinements to ship combat in AC4 were nice though.

I felt that the combat in AC3 was better because you could equip and buy different types of weapons and the animations weren't super janky because they were made for Connor instead of being sped up reskins.

My people.

Though I am starting to get a little
sea
sick of the naval combat. It was fun, but I'd rather climb buildings and be grounded more so I'm glad Unity is coming back to that.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Downgrade was confirmed months back. Reduced textures and lighting. Who knows what the final game will look like though.
Shouldn't confuse a different time of day with a downgrade. It's infamous SS all over again.

So many people crying bullshots, but none of these look really impressive.

That 2nd shot of Unity is most likely a cut scene or posed in the editor. I can't imagine your character dynamically placing his hand on a basket in order to hop over a table whilst kicking over other things.

thelastword

Banned
Those unity shots are not impressive at all, the environments are better but the character models are no better than what I'm seeing in the rogue shots, to be honest I prefer seeing the models in the rogue shots.

cackhyena

I love the shitty shadowing they do in these bullshots. Like the one a couple posts up with them in daylight on deck. You break any sort of realism instantly making your shadows dark brown and black with zero environmental cast lighting. There should be varied hues of blue all over their skin and clothes. Ridiculous.

ZeroX03

Banned
Arno looks so ugly, damn. Rest of the game looks pretty enough, it's Assassin's Creed alright.

You can just tell those Rogue grabs are from the PS4/XBO/PC "Remaster" coming next year. No wayy it's going to look that good on PS3 and 360.

Yeah no way is Rogue going to be 1080p like those screenshots on 360/PS3 either. Shots straight from the PC build. Rogue on PS4/XB1/PC is when not if.

DMiz

The downgrade is disappointing... The key thing that made this game stand out graphically, for me, was the lighting, so to see it be pared back slightly is certainly disappointing.

Makes me wonder if people are going to find "E3" files in the PC version this time around... or if Ubi is going to be cracking the whip to ENSURE that those files aren't found in the final shipped product.

Top Bottom