• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Banjo Kazooie site launches

Nolan.

RBH said:
For anyone that missed it or didn't click the link, here's the 5 "plots" that Rare has given for Banjo Kazooie (with one of them being the actual plot of the game and the other four being fakes):

Rumour One: Banjo and Grunty team up against a new threat, falling in love in the process.
Sexy post-transformation Grunty makes a return and proves irresistible to our heroic bear, much to Kazooie's disgust. Can the mismatched trio defeat their fire-breathing foe?

Rumour Three: Banjo and Kazooie travel back through time in pursuit of the witch's giant T.I.T.
Grunty drives her Time Interfering Truck back to before the bear and bird met. The duo must reintroduce themselves and relearn everything they know in a completely new way!

Basically down to #3 or #4 imo.

I think either 1 or even 3. Mainly because I think these are the only two that has both a new audience and fans in mind. Also 1 probably has more merit since we've already had sonic and princess this gen, so why not some witch bear loving. Plus it just sounds damn hilarious. I'm not sure which i'd rather though, I like 1 simply because the new threat is just brilliant for rejuvenating the series. Though not so sure about the love bit, but would be nice to just have another villain as focus.

Seems that Rare is mocking other MS published games:

Rumour 2: "Banjo Effect" (Mass Effect)
Rumour 4: "Too Banjo" ? (Too Human)
Rumour 5: "Banjo Wars" (Halo Wars)

So that leaves option 1 and option 3. I will go for rumour 3 (pure Rare stuff).

watkinzez

Chiaroscuro said:

Er.. pretty sure #2's supposed to be Mario Galaxy. And if you're referring to the flashbacks Baldur has in Too Human, that's a bit of a stretch.
#5 is totally Halo Wars, though.

Prine

Banned
Chiaroscuro said:

Heh, nice find.

I luv Rare

watkinzez said:
Er.. pretty sure #2's supposed to be Mario Galaxy. And if you're referring to the flashbacks Baldur has in Too Human, that's a bit of a stretch.
#5 is totally Halo Wars, though.

eh eh... just stretching my imagination, I agree that to link #3 to Too Human is a little forced, but #2 "search the cosmos" made me think of Mass Effect (although "low-gravity exploits" sugeres Mario Galaxy indeed).

Alphahawk

I'm pretty sure it's three, the time traveling thing would be a perfect way to introduce new gamers into the Banjo Kazooie world. I'm not sure about the T.I.T though sounds kinda risque for a game for all ages but then again the BK series has always had some adult humor burried in it though...

Alphahawk said:
I'm pretty sure it's three, the time traveling thing would be a perfect way to introduce new gamers into the Banjo Kazooie world. I'm not sure about the T.I.T though sounds kinda risque for a game for all ages but then again the BK series has always had some adult humor burried in it though...
They're British... you'd be amazed what we can get away with when it comes to risque humour. :D

Alphahawk said:

The bold is the key (not because it's misspelled... :p). TIT is pretty in your face (heh), it's not subtle like all the other things they had hidden in their games.

Also, I keep bringing this up...

647978.jpg

I really don't think they'll do the same plot as a portable version of the series...maybe if they were copying the story of a console version maybe because they could get away with it better...I still think it'll be #4. It makes the most sense, simplest, and seems to fit in with the hints we already have about the game.

My money is on number four. Everything revealed so far points to "construction" of some sort. IE. The trailer and the cogs in all the art.

George K.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Let me ask you a question. Is it possible, from a legal point of view, to port Banjo-Kazooie and/or Banjo-Tooie on XBLA ? I'm not interested in any confirmation if this is in Rare's plans, ok? I wanna not know anything about something that sure you're not authorised to reveal. I'm only interested to know if Nintendo can do something to prevent it or not, theoretically speaking.

Well, I'm no lawyer, so strictly speaking I don't really know for sure, but I don't think there'd be anything to stand in our way if we were to do so.

JSnake

George K. said:
Well, I'm no lawyer, so strictly speaking I don't really know for sure, but I don't think there'd be anything to stand in our way if we were to do so.

DO IT. Please, for the love of God.

George K. said:

So you're from Rare, eh? I'll simply say that I would pick up and use my 360 again if the Banjo games were re-released on 360.

P.S. I love you guys.

I'm afraid that they couldn't release BK or BT for XBLA in its current state, they'd have to take all the Nintendo references out first which would be a LOT of effort (It's not just a matter of retexturing, there are 3D models that would have to be changed and I don't think 3D models can be replaced in N64 ROMS)

Secondly, Nintendo may still have the publishing rights to the original games and if so it may mean that the original version cannot be emulated without Nintendo's permission. Thus a full remake may be the only way it could be done.

Brizzo24

Nuclear Muffin said:
I'm afraid that they couldn't release BK or BT for XBLA in its current state, they'd have to take all the Nintendo references out first which would be a LOT of effort (It's not just a matter of retexturing, there are 3D models that would have to be changed and I don't think 3D models can be replaced in N64 ROMS)

Secondly, Nintendo may still have the publishing rights to the original games and if so it may mean that the original version cannot be emulated without Nintendo's permission. Thus a full remake may be the only way it could be done.

Man, think of how awesome it could look in HD, too.

2312892947_9647f97385.jpg

2312893047_73bbe3b6ff.jpg

2313704152_e68579c72e.jpg

More pics...

watkinzez

Nuclear Muffin said:

Most of the references are to Rare's own properties, so it wouldn't be that big of a job. Apart from the DK doll one of Bottles' kids owns in Tooie, I can't think of much..

{Mike}

Banned
watkinzez said:
Most of the references are to Rare's own properties, so it wouldn't be that big of a job. Apart from the DK doll one of Bottles' kids owns in Tooie, I can't think of much..

What about the cartridges you can find? They were shaped like N64 cartridges, they would had to remove them too.

Rlan

{Mike} said:
What about the cartridges you can find? They were shaped like N64 cartridges, they would had to remove them too.

Also Tiptup is in one of the games, I forget which.

Carts could just be turned into CDs anyhow. And hey, maybe they could get them working this time if they're on the same platform :)

watkinzez

Carts too- though Tiptup's a Rare character.
Nevertheless, may I direct your attention to this:
banjopilot_expresso.jpg

Nintendo clearly doesn't care too much about crossovers (Banjo-Pilot race results music had Diddy on backing vocals, too). And neither does Rare, considering the Killer Instinct arcade machine is still in Cranky's room in DKC2 VC.

Gigglepoo

Nuclear Muffin said:

George K. said:

I'm just going to trust George K. on this one. Easier than getting into another Goldeneye argument.

Neo Child said:
That Lego banjo seems to be from the Lego Video creator to be honest, you can make Lego movies and whatnot...
What about the debug looking stuff in the corners? Looks like they have a framerate at the top and cpu / build info at the bottom.

Not that it couldn't be faked of course.

oldergamer

This looks like it may be a level in the next Banjo game. Kinda confirms some sort of motion control and validity to the Waggle rumors.

George K.

C4Lukins said:
What the hell is that video?
Nothing to do with Banjo 3, I can assure you. It was created by Lupaie, a designer on Rare Elite, as a late April Fools gag. You can find an extended version of his video here.

EDIT: I'd just like to say that the video looks so astonishingly high quality, there was even an internal discussion to see if anybody knew anything about it! Take that as a mark of our respect for Lupaie's work.

oldergamer

George K. said:
Nothing to do with Banjo 3, I can assure you. It was created by Lupaie, a designer on Rare Elite, as a late April Fools gag. You can find an extended version of his video here.

EDIT: I'd just like to say that the video looks so astonishingly high quality, there was even an internal discussion to see if anybody knew anything about it! Take that as a mark of our respect for Lupaie's work.

Damn! I wanna see this game soon :)

beerbelly

Banned
SPEA said:
My guess is E3 in July.

First public revealing in July and release in December? I hope it doesn't sell poorly like Viva Pinata since it would be using the same strategy. Need more time for hype IMO.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Rare need to start hyping their games, we still haven't had a solid bit of Banjo Media since X06.

Its not going to do them any favours when they release the game and hardly anyone buys it due to the fact most of the mainstream don't have a clue it exists.

tak

beerbelly said:
First public revealing in July and release in December? I hope it doesn't sell poorly like Viva Pinata since it would be using the same strategy. Need more time for hype IMO.
I think Microsoft has made a huge mistake by shorting the hype buildup period for the majority of their titles this year. I think Banjo is going to fall victim to this mistake.

Top Bottom