• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Banjo Kazooie site launches

No Means Nomad said:
Not very much important. Except for Bottle's Revenge. Bottle's Revenge was locked code in Banjo-Tooie that allowed a devil Bottles that a second player controlled to follow Banjo around and occupy enemy creatures and bosses to torment his friend. You couldn't get to it in the game at all because it wasn't ever fully implemented, but there are videos on youtube of people who've dug into the code and played with it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it in some form in the new Banjo.
That would be an interesting multiplayer mode for Banjo 3.

besiktas1

Just reading through the source of the stopnswop.

Never played through a banjo game before..

Do these mean anything?
jiggy, Bottles Revenge, Ice Kazooie, Blackbeard

then we also have:
Game Type (Windows, Xbox)
//Trailer Name

(prolly means nothing :/ )

GreekWolf

ICE KEY! OMG WTF

It's 1998 again, the dominos pizza just arrived, and my buddy (the one with the high-top fade) and I are fighting over the controller

SPEA

GreekWolf said:
ICE KEY! OMG WTF

It's 1998 again, the dominos pizza just arrived, and my buddy (the one with the bowl-cut) and I are fighting over the controller
Fixed for my life.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
For those of you claiming April 1st tomfoolery, I sincerely doubt that fanmade sites would go through the trouble of rendering with Silverlight and forcing you to install it just for an April Fools Day ruse. The whois says its an MS site

JohnTinker said:
For those of you claiming April 1st tomfoolery, I sincerely doubt that fanmade sites would go through the trouble of rendering with Silverlight and forcing you to install it just for an April Fools Day ruse. The whois says its an MS site

Rare themselves enjoy a good joke, though.

watkinzez

JohnTinker said:

You didn't see RWP's April fools last year, planned months in advance and involving insertion of eggs, keys and secrets into a variety of N64 Rare games. A giant treasure hunt with nothing at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rare gave RWP the domain to make it more convincing.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
watkinzez said:
You didn't see RWP's April fools last year, planned months in advance and involving insertion of eggs, keys and secrets into a variety of N64 Rare games. A giant treasure hunt with nothing at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rare gave RWP the domain to make it more convincing.
Obviously if the site updates tomorrow then its all a ruse

George K.

JohnTinker said:
I'm afraid you doubt wrong... go check out the IP address and see for yourself.

Darunia said:
if it is, we'll just ban George K.
Uh-oh... I'd just like to point out this had nothing to do with me! I do support RWP in all their endeavours, though.

However, you can find our own, genuine contribution to these April Fool's Day shenanigans via following link - Rare News - Disinformation Central. Enjoy... although don't expect me to be forthcoming with any answers.

Michan said:
It would be great if B-K3 arrived on the date of B-K's 10th anniversary.
I'm afraid that's impossible, however we would like to mark Banjo's tenth anniversary in some way or another... I'll keep you lot posted.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
From Rares 4 lies 1 truth piece (nice idea btw)

Im hoping it's this one:

Banjo and Kazooie travel back through time in pursuit of the witch's giant T.I.T.
Grunty drives her Time Interfering Truck back to before the bear and bird met. The duo must reintroduce themselves and relearn everything they know in a completely new way!

Gigglepoo

The first one is my guess:

Rumour One: Banjo and Grunty team up against a new threat, falling in love in the process. Sexy post-transformation Grunty makes a return and proves irresistible to our heroic bear, much to Kazooie's disgust. Can the mismatched trio defeat their fire-breathing foe?

although the T.I.T. is pure Rare...

Damn teamxbox has posted 5 possible storylines for banjo kazooie and 1 of them is suppose to be real. I know its an april fools joke but damn it gets me thinking.

edit - obviously beaten but i just saw it myself.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ghost said:
From Rares 4 lies 1 truth piece (nice idea btw)

Im hoping it's this one:
It certainly sounds likely. Good way to introduce the characters to a new crowd while still pleasing the fans.

FFChris

Gigglepoo said:
although the T.I.T. is pure Rare...

I think the T.I.T. one is correct, probably because it's my favorite of the scenarios!

Edit: Also, it could lend itself to what George K. said about not worrying about the final character models yet. Young banjo could look a lot different.

Regarding the new disinformation column...

It can't be 1. I could see Banjo and Grunty teaming up, but not falling in love...

2 is a Mario Galaxy joke. It's thrown in just for laughs.

While 3 seems likely, it's a bit cliched, and I think it's just there to poke fun at all the games that use an identical premise.

4 is most likely because it's not completely ridiculous like the first 2, and it fits with the blue-print theme shown on the teaser site and confirmed by George. Yeah, the "worlds of imagination" thing might seem pretty crazy, but it would also be congruent with the new design.

5 is just another joke selection. I can't see the Banjo property used for another war game.

So basically, all the selections can be easy eliminated except for 3 and 4, but I've convinced myself that 4 has to be the real one. I'll even bet a ban on it, because that seems to be the cool thing to do around here.

Both Three and Four are great, but yeah Four definitely strikes a chord with what we know so far. Could the "worlds of imagination" be fashioned from our own minds?

[Nintex]

George K. said:

Uh-oh... I'd just like to point out this had nothing to do with me! I do support RWP in all their endeavours, though.

However, you can find our own, genuine contribution to these April Fool's Day shenanigans via following link - Rare News - Disinformation Central. Enjoy... although don't expect me to be forthcoming with any answers.

I'm afraid that's impossible, however we would like to mark Banjo's tenth anniversary in some way or another... I'll keep you lot posted.
I know its not your call to make but you guys should unveil this game before E3. As much as I like Banjo it has no chance against Gears 2 and the other holiday titles planned by MS and others.

FFChris

[Nintex] said:
I know its not your call to make but you guys should unveil this game before E3. As much as I like Banjo it has no chance against Gears 2 and the other holiday titles planned by MS and others.

Rare is owned by MS though, so I don't think it will bother them anyway.

George K. said:

Let me ask you a question. Is it possible, from a legal point of view, to port Banjo-Kazooie and/or Banjo-Tooie on XBLA ? I'm not interested in any confirmation if this is in Rare's plans, ok? I wanna not know anything about something that sure you're not authorised to reveal. I'm only interested to know if Nintendo can do something to prevent it or not, theoretically speaking.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Let me ask you a question. Is it possible, from a legal point of view, to port Banjo-Kazooie and/or Banjo-Tooie on XBLA ? I'm not interested in any confirmation if this is in Rare's plans, ok? I wanna not know anything about something that sure you're not authorised to reveal. I'm only interested to know if Nintendo can do something to prevent it or not, theoretically speaking.

They can do this, they own the rights to Banjo-Kazooie, thye might not be able to a direct port thing, but they could touch it up and put it on the service.

RBH

For anyone that missed it or didn't click the link, here's the 5 "plots" that Rare has given for Banjo Kazooie (with one of them being the actual plot of the game and the other four being fakes):

Rumour One: Banjo and Grunty team up against a new threat, falling in love in the process.
Sexy post-transformation Grunty makes a return and proves irresistible to our heroic bear, much to Kazooie's disgust. Can the mismatched trio defeat their fire-breathing foe?

Rumour Two: Kazooie is abducted by aliens and Banjo heads out to search the cosmos.
Partway through his low-gravity exploits, he discovers who's taken her... and it's a familiar face from the Rare archives who has been 'turned to the green side' by Grunty.

Rumour Three: Banjo and Kazooie travel back through time in pursuit of the witch's giant T.I.T.
Grunty drives her Time Interfering Truck back to before the bear and bird met. The duo must reintroduce themselves and relearn everything they know in a completely new way!

Rumour Four: Banjo comes out of retirement to stop his home being redeveloped into tower blocks and malls.
To end the struggle, a capricious higher power engineers a bear/witch showdown through worlds of the imagination – with Spiral Mountain's ownership deeds going to the victor.

Rumour Five: War comes to Spiral Mountain, and Banjo becomes a reluctant leader.
Ever seen a Jinjo Tank? Or Grunty's Grappling Grenadier Grunts? You will when you take on our innovative RTS-platformer hybrid campaign.

Basically down to #3 or #4 imo.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Rumor five sounds more like the typical 360 player hurr amirite guys?

Actually I'm liking the sound of number 3. Sounds like a lot of fun. The others, eh, not so much?

The_Dude

Number four fits in with the blueprint theme seen on the official site, so I'd say that's it.

Edit: just saw Koopakiller mentioned the same thing. Whoops!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
The_Dude said:
Number four fits in with the blueprint theme seen on the official site, so I'd say that's it.
Now that you mention it, and the talk surrounding Spiral Mountain in the different interviews, I think number four might actually be it..

The_Dude

JohnTinker said:
Now that you mention it, and the talk surrounding Spiral Mountain in the different interviews, I think number four might actually be it..
I guess we'll see, but it seems pretty solid to me.

tegdf said:
I actually like three the best (I'm a sucker for time travel stuff), but I seriously doubt Rare would get away with naming Grunty's transport T.I.T. in what'll probably be an E rated game!

Brizzo24

btkadams said:
ill be honest, if this game is done well, itll make me buy a 360.

Even though my co-workers scowled at me, and make goofy childish sounds, i still really want this game. It is the reason i decided on a 360 over a PS3 a few months ago, and with the news of the game possibly coming this year makes me really happy.

MisterHero

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Put them on DS.

EVERYONE WINS

except people who want 100% controls, maybe

This game could very well be one of the most technically impressive games the Xbox 360 will ever see. Kameo, PDZ, and Viva Pinata didn't start on the 360 and are still very technically impressive. Banjo is from the ground up an Xbox 360 game (from what I understand) and Rare has amazingly talented engineers, even if the art isn't always up to snuff.

The_Dude said:
I actually like three the best (I'm a sucker for time travel stuff), but I seriously doubt Rare would get away with naming Grunty's transport T.I.T. in what'll probably be an E rated game!

Didn't they already do time traveling in the GBA Banjo game? It would be horrible if they did something like that again in this one. Without even remembering the blueprint thing from the trailer (it was the trailer, right?) #4 seemed to be the most solid to me.

And that whole T.I.T. thing is Rare-ish, but they used to be so much more subtle about those innuendos and things in the earlier games, that's just ridiculously obvious so there's another reason I'm so meh about #3.

The_Dude

Edag Plata said:
Didn't they already do time traveling in the GBA Banjo game? It would be horrible if they did something like that again in this one. Without even remembering the blueprint thing from the trailer (it was the trailer, right?) #4 seemed to be the most solid to me.

And that whole T.I.T. thing is Rare-ish, but they used to be so much more subtle about those innuendos and things in the earlier games, that's just ridiculously obvious so there's another reason I'm so meh about #3.
Actually, yeah, I forgot about the Grunty's Revenge story, so it would seem a bit of a retread.

Rare have gotten away with a lot of innuendo, but basically putting constant refrences to TIT is a bit hard to believe. :lol

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Banjo comes out of retirement to stop his home being redeveloped into tower blocks and malls.
To end the struggle, a capricious higher power engineers a bear/witch showdown through worlds of the imagination – with Spiral Mountain's ownership deeds going to the victor.

Sounds like the best fit really.

Banjo comes out of retirement to stop his home being redeveloped into tower blocks and malls.

Sounds likely. But sadly sounds like Rayman Raving Rabbids 3.

Though number five would also work within the frame of George K saying that players will visit Spiral Mountain in the beginning of the game. Perhaps watching it being blown up.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The_Dude said:
Actually, yeah, I forgot about the Grunty's Revenge story, so it would seem a bit of a retread.

Rare have gotten away with a lot of innuendo, but basically putting constant refrences to TIT is a bit hard to believe. :lol

This teams last game was called Grabbed by the Ghoulies...

Top Bottom