• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BIOSHOCK 2 Teaser Site Launches

hobbitx

Man, I was hoping the Mark Meltzer guy was going to be the main character. The kidnapped daughter angle sounds so cheesy.

- Jake won't be the only one investigating Rapture. At some point in the story, Soviet agents arrive from a submarine, hoping to acquire Adam and use it to gain an advantage over the Americans in the Cold War. Soviet enemies will be much smarter than splicers, using cover and flanking maneuvers and working in groups. As the game progresses they will begin splicing themselves and be able to use plasmids against you. The Soviets and splicers will fight against each other and the player can use that to their advantage. "
When considering Ryan's "Which bitch sent you?" speech, I actually like this idea. I always thought Rapture from this perspective would have been interesting.

The more interesting one is Telepathy, which you can use to eavesdrop on the thoughts of NPCs and gain information. For example, you can use Telepathy to uncover the combination to a keypad or gain insights into enemy weaknesses which translate into damage bonuses and new tonics.
This is a great idea, I always hated how the camera method would get you damaged quite a bit. Now hopefully you can study your enemies from afar.

Spoo

Jeo said:
Co-op? I hope that doesn't mean AI partner while in solo

I would be very, very sad if this were the case.

I still remain hopeful; I just need to see what that GI article has to say to get a handle on the vision.

this guy

Co-op? I can't say that I don't want it at all because I kind of do, but I don't think that it fits with the atmosphere of the game. Neither do Soviets. Half the fun of Bioshock for me was the apprehension as I explored the brilliantly stylized levels, wondering what sinister surprise waited for me around the next corner. Having a bunch of soldiers and dogs running around with you while your buddy shouts in the mic and shoots everything that moves sounds like Call of Duty 5, not Bioshock. It's as though the developers just said, "Soldiers and dogs, fuck yeah, let's stick them in the game! Big Daddies? What the hell are those?"

I hope I end up eating crow for saying any of this.

monkspider said:
- Two of the new plasmids were revealed. One slows down time for a few seconds. The more interesting one is Telepathy, which you can use to eavesdrop on the thoughts of NPCs and gain information. For example, you can use Telepathy to uncover the combination to a keypad or gain insights into enemy weaknesses which translate into damage bonuses and new tonics.

that is cool

Spoo

this guy said:
Co-op? I can't say that I don't want it at all because I kind of do, but I don't think that it fits with the atmosphere of the game. Neither do Soviets. Half the fun of Bioshock for me was the apprehension as I explored the brilliantly stylized levels, wondering what sinister surprise waited for me around the next corner. Having a bunch of soldiers and dogs running around with you while your buddy shouts in the mic and shoots everything that moves sounds like Call of Duty 5, not Bioshock. It's as though the developers just said, "Soldiers and dogs, fuck yeah, let's stick them in the game! Big Daddies? What the hell are those?"

I hope I end up eating crow for saying any of this.

Well, as much as I treasure my original BioShock experience, I'm not afraid for the story to go on, and that does mean accepting changes in scenario. New enemies, I think, are fine -- what's more important is how they're used. Will we be fighting Soviets and spliced up dogs around every corridor? I doubt it, or, at least, I hope not.

I'm okay, even very interested, in the Big Sister. It's a very interesting bullet point for the story, and I'm sure they'll take that in a good direction. They seem confidant anyway.

Coop seems nonsensical. Again, if it's tacked on, well, okay, I'd play it with a buddy, sure. If it's some RE5-style AI-controlled bot that's following me around, I'm not cool with that. Atmosphere doesn't just dissapear because there's a bot -- the bot gets in the way of the atmosphere. You're focus is on babysitting, not slowly taking in the scenes and letting Rapture wrap itself around you.

I don't know about the Big Daddys. I hope there's a surprise for people who liked them. They were a great peice of AI and the battles with them were quite fun.

Underwater levels are an *awesome* idea. Nothing would be more harrowing, I think, than the waters closest to Rapture. The squid seems like a throwback to that opening sequence in BioShock where you see one the second Ryan reveals the underwater world.

I'm skeptical, but very hopeful. I haven't forgotten the talent behind the project, and I trust they won't fuck it up unless they're aiming for coop to be a big part of the adventure. Above all, please, let that not be the case.

abacab driver said:
:lol
If you people think these guys are going to somehow mess this up and not make an incredible game, you are insaaaane.

I've been worried about this shit ever since I knew Levine would not be working on it.

Bioshock would have always been a great FPS regardless of the story/themes...it had great graphics, tight gameplay, interesting level design, great sound, very good AI, and all the other makings of a very good shooting game. But what made the game special to me, the aspect of the game that warrants it always being brought up in "games as art" arguments, was the small, intangible stuff, the Ayn Rand analogies, the social commentary, the way the story just slowly but surely revealed itself through audio tapes and imagery until you finally realized just what the hell happened in the city. We don't know a lot now, but these impressions would have me believe that this is going to be just another generic shooter. I'm okay with that, the generic shooter is like, my bread and butter so to speak, but it will be disappointing all the same if some of the themes from the first game do not carry over.

alr1ghtstart said:
Or they can ruin the atmosphere (see RE5). I'll be fine with the old NES day Co-op where 2P is just palette swapped.

And ugh, swimming levels. Have they ever been done well?
diving suit, not necessarily swimming. Probably walking around on the ocean floor. So basically sharks and other non-bioshock 1 style enemies.

Why would they get rid of the big daddies? There's obviously the kidnapped little sisters to protect.

this guy

Spoo said:
Well, as much as I treasure my original BioShock experience, I'm not afraid for the story to go on, and that does mean accepting changes in scenario. New enemies, I think, are fine -- what's more important is how they're used. Will we be fighting Soviets and spliced up dogs around every corridor? I doubt it, or, at least, I hope not.

I'm okay, even very interested, in the Big Sister. It's a very interesting bullet point for the story, and I'm sure they'll take that in a good direction. They seem confidant anyway.

Coop seems nonsensical. Again, if it's tacked on, well, okay, I'd play it with a buddy, sure. If it's some RE5-style AI-controlled bot that's following me around, I'm not cool with that. Atmosphere doesn't just dissapear because there's a bot -- the bot gets in the way of the atmosphere. You're focus is on babysitting, not slowly taking in the scenes and letting Rapture wrap itself around you.

I don't know about the Big Daddys. I hope there's a surprise for people who liked them. They were a great peice of AI and the battles with them were quite fun.

Underwater levels are an *awesome* idea. Nothing would be more harrowing, I think, than the waters closest to Rapture. The squid seems like a throwback to that opening sequence in BioShock where you see one the second Ryan reveals the underwater world.

I'm skeptical, but very hopeful. I haven't forgotten the talent behind the project, and I trust they won't fuck it up unless they're aiming for coop to be a big part of the adventure. Above all, please, let that not be the case.
I pretty much agree with you. I'm still very interested in the plot after reading up on it on the teaser site, and I'm curious to find out how it ties in with the first game.

I'm not worried about the level design or the art direction. I'm sure that both will be as solid, if not better, than the first game's after finding out who the director of the game was. What I am worried about is whether these additions will actually add to the Bioshock experience, or detract from it. I don't want a rehash of the first game with more enemies and plasmids.

I'm hopeful, as you are, that the game will be as good as the first. I'll try to reserve judgment until we get some gameplay footage or a trailer.

USD

I don't really have problems with coop, but I hope that it's not something just tacked on and that it actually fits in the story or whatever.

Guled

It seems like they are changing up the style of the game, that good. Sure people will bitch about it, but they will bitch at everything. If they didn't change it up people would just be calling it Bioshock 1.5

I'm trying to get the Platinum Trophy for Bioshock. Does anyone have a good guide handy for the audio diaries? A video or picture guide would probably be best.

Thanks.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I don't see the appeal of going back to the exact same location as the first, which ALREADY was in ruins. So what's going to be new? I think a better idea would have been if it was located on a giant underwater vessel, cruising around the world on some kind of psychotic mission. Attack cruise liners, pop into exotic ports around the world, etc.

Puck

Banned
blindrocket said:
I'm trying to get the Platinum Trophy for Bioshock. Does anyone have a good guide handy for the audio diaries? A video or picture guide would probably be best.
Gamefaqs.com

Sounds pretty great to me. We might be going back to Rapture but as long as most of the locations are new places that we didn't explore in the original, I'm not sure what the problem is?

Spoo

Gahiggidy said:
I don't see the appeal of going back to the exact same location as the first, which ALREADY was in ruins. So what's going to be new? I think a better idea would have been if it was located on a giant underwater vessel, cruising around the world on some kind of psychotic mission. Attack cruise liners, pop into exotic ports around the world, etc.

Yeah, Rapture was, basically, broken down -- but with 7 years inbetween the first game and BioShock 2, you have to assume some fairly significant differences. For one, the ecology ought to be somewhat different; if Big Daddys are gone, Adam no longer flows as freely, things are probably even crazier, Rapture is, at least, half submerged in water now, which means things ought to be much more aquatic now. This Big Sister entity has some sort of plan (I have no idea what that might be, but a series of connected and immediate kidnappings suggest some sort of new effort on Rapture's part for subsistence).

We're not going to see the same places, either. We may, at some point, see areas that we saw, but they won't be a focus, and, if anything, they'll be there to suggest to players of the first title how things have changed. We'll uncover new stories, learn new things about Rapture, where it's headed, etc.

We just have to hope that some of the GI details will be more specific about some of the issues brought up.

- Jake won't be the only one investigating Rapture. At some point in the story, Soviet agents arrive from a submarine, hoping to acquire Adam and use it to gain an advantage over the Americans in the Cold War. Soviet enemies will be much smarter than splicers, using cover and flanking maneuvers and working in groups. As the game progresses they will begin splicing themselves and be able to use plasmids against you. The Soviets and splicers will fight against each other and the player can use that to their advantage.

Personally for me this is most fucktard new addition in Bioshock 2.

To me this is a big departure from core Bioshock theme of secluded underwater utopia where something's gone terribly wrong. I wanted to know more about Rapture in same sense. Bioshock ending should have been ending of the story arc. Would really love to explore whole story backwards. Starting from what caused collapse of Rapture to how it all began. Ahh...I can wish...

May be by the end of the game whole Rapture will be giant floating island and everybody will come there for weekend party. Bioshock 3 will be full blown mindless FPS in real world.

Slathe

I like the idea of co-op, so long as the game isn't developed around it (like RE5, some games can have that, some shouldn't, not making a statement about RE5 though until I've played it more). I've always thought that just about any FPS should have an old NES style co-op option, where you just suspend disbelief and happen to have some random second guy with you (who isn't there in the single player version of the game). Hopefully they don't turn it into having to lunk around an AI partner when you don't have a friend though. My guess is that in co-op one person will play as Jack Abbott and one as "Mark Meltzer" (still not convinced that's his name - seemed like a pseudonym from viral site). Hopefully that doesn't mean they'll both be around the whole time.

The new enemy types sound kind of dumb, robots, dogs, soviets and squids? They sound really cliche to me. Will hold off on full judgment till we have more details though, maybe they can be done well.

The biggest thing I'm not liking is the idea of underwater exploration. I don't know why games always feel the need to make you don a suit and go out into space/water/whatever and walk around like a giant idiot, half gimped, trying to accomplish something at half speed or solve some puzzle.

Also, telepathy just sounds like a more interesting version of the camera. Hopefully they pull it off well.

Red

Guled said:
It seems like they are changing up the style of the game, that good. Sure people will bitch about it, but they will bitch at everything. If they didn't change it up people would just be calling it Bioshock 1.5
The more I think about it, the more I agree with you.

At first I was wondering how the additions would fit; Bioshock, to me, was a sum-of-parts project: there were no standout setpieces outside of a few crucial "oh shit" moments, and those weren't ever obnoxious in scope or execution. The parts that didn't match the rest were the parts that were complained about (especially the last section; after a game full of surprises and nuance, how did it fall into such a rut?). This talk of co-op and soviets and giant squid bosses... it sounds a bit contrived, doesn't it? Like the originality of the first game is being diminished by some convergence of video game cliches. Initially the GI information sounds like it could have been for any generic shooter, full of action set pieces that drive the action instead of an organic and constantly flowing plot.

But then I remember who's helming the project and fears are allayed. I stop sweating and remember it's in good hands. The fact remains, though, that this first unveiling is a little less than spectacular, and it makes me wonder just how things will be invigorated, reinstating some sort of life to ground we've already tread (Rapture itself and the sort of ho-hum genre standards that look like they're being injected into the game). I have faith, but it's not without suspicion.

MirageDwarf said:

To me this is a big departure from core Bioshock theme of secluded underwater utopia where something's gone terribly wrong. I wanted to know more about Rapture in same sense. Bioshock ending should have been ending of the story arc. Would really love to explore whole story backwards. Starting from what caused collapse of Rapture to how it all began. Ahh...I can wish...

May be by the end of the game whole Rapture will be giant floating island and everybody will come there for weekend party. Bioshock 3 will be full blown mindless FPS in real world.
Holy shit. Rorschach, is that you?

Wow! It's funny how people's opinions and wants change over time.

I remember before Bioshock came out that everyone who was following it (mainly System Shock 2 fanboys) were totally bummed that there was no co-op.

Now the sequel has co-op, and everyone is totally bummed that there IS co-op! :lol

If Irrational could do a great co-op in SS2 back in the day, it's still possible now.

The 'soviets' sound very much like the Marine 'clean up' squads in Half-Life - it all depends on the AI, and how action-oriented it is.

Hopefully boss battles are a huge improvement on Fontaine. Boss battles in the sequel could be great if a puzzle element is introduced rather than it being straight FPS.

Telepathy sounds great.

Possibly the most interesting thing is the whole choice dynamic of harvesting or saving Little Sisters. To be honest in hindsight it was pretty straightforward as everyone new there were rewards for saving the sister down the line (Tenenbaum).

What could be interesting is if the Big Sister is integrated into the game like Nemesis from Resi - appearing and striking the fear of god into you at various points in the game.

I can't say this is exactly what I was hoping the sequel would be, but I'm willing to give Jordan & co the benefit of the doubt.

Well, as much as I treasure my original BioShock experience, I'm not afraid for the story to go on, and that does mean accepting changes in scenario. New enemies, I think, are fine -- what's more important is how they're used.

+1 - it all remains to be seen how well this is executed.

Remember that the original concepts for Bioshock involved Nazi experiments and stuff.

Well, I was alway dubious as to how Ryan (who was well known to both the CIA and the KGB) could managed to have built this underwater Utopia WITHOUT the knowledge of either superpower.
In the original I always expected some kind of CIA involvement to be honest.

Whilst on the surface this sounds bad, it depends on how it is handled - it could be excellent, or, yes it could be very poor.

It's entirely possible that the whole thrust of Ryan's ideas could be investigated through eiethr soviet or CIA proxies ('A man chooses, a slave obeys!').

It all depends on whether it is dumbed down, or properly thought out and executed.

Now, why did Bioshock received all it's glowing praise?

Most, if not all of the great praise was for how it integrated the story with the art deco setting, and examined greater themes and morality within the context of a game.
Very little of the praise was for the core gameplay; that was commended but it was the other elements that raised Bioshock higher.

I'm 99% sure that 2K, Marin and Jordan Thomas are entirely aware of WHY Bioshock did so well and will strive to ensure that those aspects are maintained in the sequel.

I could see rational explanations for all these new elements based on the flawas and criticisms of the original:-

Story and gameplay elements dip in quality during the final 3rd.
Settings and enemies not enough in terms of variety to sustain the whole game (possibly why the final 3rd was noticably lower in quality)
No Co-OP :lol

Lakitu

st5fu
Unfortunately not that impressed with this new information, I mean I like the stuff about the locations and going to the
zoo
but what the, like, no
big daddies at all?
Laaame.

SlayrUK

Bioshock was one of my favourite games of all time, so i've been waiting for these announcements regarding the sequel.

I can totally appreciate the way they're taking this game - as some of you mentioned, it's the natural progression. But I can't help but feel like some of the charm and weirdness of the first wil be lost especially with other people exploring the place as well as you.

Having said that, i've no doubt they'll be able to pull an awesome story and excellent experience out of the bag and amaze me once again.

Would give anything for a more RPG style game dating before Rapture fell into civil war - playing as a character starting off in this new utopia, exploring the city and enjoying life before things start going badly wrong...then dealing with consequences.... please 2k

LCfiner

SlayrUK said:
Bioshock was one of my favourite games of all time, so i've been waiting for these announcements regarding the sequel.

I can totally appreciate the way they're taking this game - as some of you mentioned, it's the natural progression. But I can't help but feel like some of the charm and weirdness of the first wil be lost especially with other people exploring the place as well as you.

Having said that, i've no doubt they'll be able to pull an awesome story and excellent experience out of the bag and amaze me once again.

Would give anything for a more RPG style game dating before Rapture fell into civil war - playing as a character starting off in this new utopia, exploring the city and enjoying life before things start going badly wrong...then dealing with consequences.... please 2k

not sure why you spoilered that last bit.
I think that would be pretty damn cool.

and put me in the cautiously optimistic camp for the tidbits we've been hearing. a lot of game encounters can sound sketchy in words but deliver in action.

and, let's face it. the first game had great atmosphere but could have used some work in game variety. if they look to tackle that problem in the sequel then maybe they're on the right track.

For those bitching about co-op: System Shock 2 had co-op and it hardly ruined the experience. Aside from the lack of Big Daddies, sounds pretty cool.

StuBurns

Banned
I actually think the co-op is cool, as for the rest of the details, they all sound utterly awful, except the zoo, and that was already removed from BioShock 1's development.

Timber

gollumsluvslave said:
because it was non-intrusive to the singleplayer, and no part of the game seemed to be built around it. kinda like baldurs gate 2 at the time. but that's not how co op is done anymore after all yer halos and gearses and resifives. now you need situations where there are split paths and you have to give you ally cover all the time and there are vehicle sections that are infinitely more fun in co-op. i hope bioshock doesn't follow this example. im already turned off of RE5, i don't want another great single player series heading down this path

I don't know about the Soviets (could be good, could be bad, but I'd rather see them get fucked up by Rapture's fucked up ecology than successfully invade) but I actually really like the idea of the spliced up animals. If people were playing with genetics so much, why WOULDN'T they create a zoo of animals that they modified with ADAM? Which would, as with the splicers, eventually become twisted. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much more twisted the splicers have become - even if we don't get an interesting story about shades of morality, Rapture is a great setting and I hope to see what it's turned into after seven years of isolation, flooding, and genetic decay.

Timber said:
because it was non-intrusive to the singleplayer, and no part of the game seemed to be built around it. kinda like baldurs gate 2 at the time. but that's not how co op is done anymore after all yer halos and gearses and resifives. now you need situations where there are split paths and you have to give you ally cover all the time and there are vehicle sections that are infinitely more fun in co-op. i hope bioshock doesn't follow this example. im already turned off of RE5, i don't want another great single player series heading down this path

Except for the RE5 burn I agree with this post. Co-op is too full of hand holding these days. Everything is so linear and hand holdey with co-op as if they feel that two players working together can't enjoy atmosphere, quality pacing and "down-time" moments that add to the experience imo.

I'll have to see how Co-op is implemented in Bioshock 2 before I complain, but right now I don't see how it'll work.

Goldrusher

Neiteio said:
Also, is the Big Sister cocking its head sideways, with its right ear to the ground? It seems like the grill (for lack of a better term) on the one side of the helmet would be the mouth area (they resemble mandibles), in which case it's tilting its head sideways as though bearing the weight of the contraption on its back. Think Quasimodo.

Once you see it, you'll never be able to UNSEE it. You can, uh, thank me later. In the meanwhile, I like the eye; it gives the Big Sister a creepy sense of cunning...
As if there's any other way to look at it ?

my anticipation (which was huge) just dropped like a brick.

The first thing I thought about when I read this:
Soviet agents arrive from a submarine, hoping to acquire Adam and use it to gain an advantage over the Americans in the Cold War. Soviet enemies will be much smarter than splicers, using cover and flanking maneuvers and working in groups. As the game progresses they will begin splicing themselves and be able to use plasmids against you.
was Condemned 2 and how those fucking 'tactical soldiers' ruined what was a brilliant, creepy atmosphere set up by the first game and part of the second game.

You can lump me in with the group of people tired of WE GOTTA ADD Co-OP BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE KIDS WANT philosophy of this gen. Co-OP bonus modes are fine, but, as others have said, I absolutely loved the isolated atmosphere of the first.

Also- dogs?
As a Silent Hill fan, I absolutely hate this news. 'Evil Dogs' in any game bother me more than just about any other gimicky battle mechanic. They are fast, low to the ground, and generally balls to deal with (more frustrating than challenging). Damn.

Hopefully the game still has a very strong plot to support it. I also hope that the Splicers that are left have deteriorated to the point of being really creepy.
Although I'm anxious to see the pics in GI, I'm just a little bummed right now.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Let's rate it already! 5/10!!

j/k.

Seriously, Coop is a letdown , I fear the game will be some generic shooter, where some supernatural baddie kills the natural baddies (Soviets) and you get to kill them all with your female partner.

Let's hope for the better...

StuBurns

Banned
I'm kind of surprised people are so down on the co-op. BioShock isn't a scary game or anything, there is a lot of atmosphere but I don't think being in that 'world' with a friend would break it at all. Also, the combat almost feels like it should have been co-op, most the time working with a plasmid then changing to a gun would be the most affective method, splitting those two roles seems very natural to me. I could see some cool shield and health plasmids and things working great for co-op.

But, I stand by what I said about the other details, all sound crap.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
stuburns said:
I'm kind of surprised people are so down on the co-op.

I get the feeling most of them never played System Shock 2. This entire game design has been done with co-op before with extreme success. It's like complaining that it would be horrible if Deus Ex 3 included RPG elements because they would distract from the regular fps action Deus Ex: Invisible War was about.

As for the rest though I just really want to see it before I make up my mind.

bottles

monkspider said:
The main character is Jake Abbott, a private investigator searching for one of the girls kidnapped by Big Sister.

A film noir-style cut scene would be totally appropriate.

Two-player co-op

Fuck co-op. BioShock is a game that you have to play by yourself, lights off and volume turned up.

bipedal robots

what

Epic boss battles

Oh god.

underwater gameplay

Well, I liked the zero gravity areas in Dead Space too, so I’ll reserve judgement.

gigantic squid

So here’s this giant enemy crab...

Jake won't be the only one investigating Rapture. At some point in the story, Soviet agents arrive

What? Why? Rapture is an eerie place because I’m the only fucking sane person there! I don’t want any bald space marines in Rapture.

My expectations are pretty low now. I’m not afraid of the development team expanding on and progressing the story, but this is not at all what I had expected. Here’s hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's incredible how just some text without even visuals or in-depth descriptions as to how they are implemented can turn a great thread of appreciation for a brilliant game into the blithering mess of "generic this, generic that", "oh no co-op" (even though it was in System Shock 2, and we don't even know how it'll be here) and even calling Soviets in 1967 "bald space marines"...

It's like everyone forgot which sequel we're talking about, or all the praise for the director ever since he was announced to be heading the game...

Damn. At least wait till we have a proper article, pictures, videos, anything like that.

StuBurns

Banned
Skilotonn said:
It's incredible how just some text without even visuals or in-depth descriptions as to how they are implemented can turn a great thread of appreciation for a brilliant game into the blithering mess of "generic this, generic that", "oh no co-op" (even though it was in System Shock 2, and we don't even know how it'll be here) and even calling Soviets in 1967 "bald space marines"...

It's like everyone forgot which sequel we're talking about, or all the praise for the director ever since he was announced to be heading the game...

Damn. At least wait till we have a proper article, pictures, videos, anything like that.
The director of this game has never directed a game before. Yes he made the best level in BioShock 1, doesn't prove he can head a whole project.

And I'm hoping it's awesome, I think it really could be, but none of those bullet points fill me with anything but dread, outside of the the co-op.

Skilotonn said:

It's incredible that people have concerns about details described about the game from a trusted magazine?

Might as well just lock the thread until dozens of screens, interviews from the designers, and an E3 walkthrough of the first level are released- because discussion, even concerned discussion, does not seem to be welcome from some people.

I hate to sound like Amir0x here, but is there a rule in this thread where people can only be gleeful and positive?
I understand and appreciate anyone saying "wait for more details/wait to see how things are implemented"- but in turn understand how some fans of the first game might not be going bonkers over some of these details.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
TheJollyCorner said:
It's incredible that people have concerns about details described about the game from a trusted magazine?

Might as well just lock the thread until dozens of screens, interviews from the designers, and an E3 walkthrough of the first level are released- because discussion, even concerned discussion, does not seem to be welcome from some people.

I hate to sound like Amir0x here, but is there a rule in this thread where people can only be gleeful and positive?
I understand and appreciate anyone saying "wait for more details/wait to see how things are implemented"- but in turn understand how some fans of the first game might not be going bonkers over some of these details.
Pretty much. I'm not worried or anything yet (although
no Big Daddies
is a letdown for now) but it's like when people say "we shouldn't judge these screens!". Well, what are we supposed to do them? When details are released, people will react to how those details sound, when screens are released they'll react to how the screens look, and so on.

Everyone is allowed to get disappointed or hopeful regarding what they're seeing, there would be no point in teasing and releasing media if that wasn't the case. There's always a fair share of hyperbole rolling around, of course, but this is the internet after all.

bottles

Skilotonn said:

That was an obvious joke. :lol

Nevertheless, these reactions are hardly surprising. I mean, can you expect fans of the game to not put every snippet of information they get after 1.5 years of radio silence under a magnifying glass?

Some may like what they read, and some are apprehensive. I have some reservations about this stuff we’re hearing, but I’ll definitely buy the game, and I look forward to being pleasantly surprised if it turns out as great as you think it’ll be.

Top Bottom