• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BIOSHOCK 2 Teaser Site Launches

El-Suave

The game had too little hype built around it so far, at least that's my impression. I guess it's good that they removed it from some of the big guns that hit during the holiday season. Problem is there are big games coming out early next year as well, but at least this way Bioshock 2 has the chance to pick up some steam..

Aquanox

How can a game that was suppossed to be released in 2010 Fiscal Period (Nov 2009 - Oct 2010) be delayed to 2010 FiscalPeriod?

El-Suave said:
The game had too little hype built around it so far, at least that's my impression. I guess it's good that they removed it from some of the big guns that hit during the holiday season. Problem is there are big games coming out early next year as well, but at least this way Bioshock 2 has the chance to pick up some steam..

If other games are just big guns, Bioshock 2 is the Rabbit's Foot from Mission Impossible 3 in my book

azentium said:
I hope Take 2 does a good job spacing out the release dates for Red Dead Redemption, Mafia 2, and Bioshock 2.
Take 2 has really screwed up . . . All 3 of those games were scheduled for shipment this fiscal year (before November 1) . . . now all 3 of those games have been delayed.

Come on now . . . get some damn product out the door. The worst offender of those is Mafia 2. WTF has 2K Czech (formerly Illusion softworks) been doing for the last 5 years?. Ship a damn product already!

Someone needs to crack the whip a bit. Too much feature creep is creating endless development cycles.

Take 2 sued 3DRealms/Apogee over the endless Duke Nukem development . . . but Take 2 is turning into the same thing!!!

Rayne.S

Banned
Aquanox said:
How can a game that was suppossed to be released in 2010 Fiscal Period (Nov 2009 - Oct 2010) be delayed to 2010 FiscalPeriod?

Bioshock 2 had an internal releasedate of October 30th.

Take 2 / Rockstar do have a very big gun for release end of this year. The stand-alone retailversion of GTA IV Stories : Lost & Damned / Gay Tony. This assures at least a steady moneymaker ... still not sure of a PS3 release is on the cards though.

@Mods, i'd like to lose the Junior status please ....

Rayne.S said:

Take 2 / Rockstar do have a very big gun for release end of this year. The stand-alone retailversion of Lost & Damned / Gay Tony. This assures at least a steady moneymaker ... still not sure of a PS3 release is on the cards though.

GTAIV Stories is for next year.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

Mooreberg

I wonder if they actually need the time or Take 2 is just looking at how insanely crowded this autumn is already. For the sequel to one of the best games of this hardware cycle, it doesn't seem to be getting nearly as much hype as you would expect. Maybe because the first game seemed self contained I suppose.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. This was my most anticipated game of November, easily. :(

Rayne.S said:

Take 2 / Rockstar do have a very big gun for release end of this year. The stand-alone retailversion of Lost & Damned / Gay Tony. This assures at least a steady moneymaker ... still not sure of a PS3 release is on the cards though.

GTAIV Stories is for next year.

What's the critieria of losing the "junior" status?

Even though I just got activated a couple of days ago...I'm cool with the juior status. :D

Rayne.S

Banned
black_vegeta said:

Even though I just got activated a couple of days ago...I'm cool with the juior status. :D

Its my curse ....

You on the other hand will lose your juniorstatus eventually ....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
black_vegeta said:

it's a time thing, give it a few months. alternatively, after a certain number of posts it will disappear

EXGN

T2 has way too much coming first half next year. Ordinarily, they might be able to get away with it, but first half next year is PACKED. GOW3, ME2, Heavy Rain, likely GT5 and FF13... it's not gonna get any better.

Although I honestly expect Max Payne to be pushed back to a holiday release.

speculawyer said:
Take 2 has really screwed up . . . All 3 of those games were scheduled for shipment this fiscal year (before November 1) . . . now all 3 of those games have been delayed.

Well, they are just the publishers really. All of these games are being made by seperate teams. What would you have them do, demand that the developers rush an unfinished product out the door?

Still can't wait for this game.

Good, more time to hopefully make it a complete package. The gameplay of the first was just not solid enough for a good online multiplayer game as it was, extra dev time always good.

Rayne.S said:

Isn't if you ask you never lose it?

This delay just gives me more time to play the first. I see they adjusted the price on the Sonystyle website, but it still will not allow me to add it to the cart:lol

I'm really looking forward to this, but if the delay makes it an even better game, I'm all for it. There will be enough other games to keep me happy until early 2010.

Heh, apparently they've commissioned a bunch of artists to do some Bishock art.
Invader Zim artist:

2a8m901.jpg

This delay is actually a sign of some intelligence:

More time for the game to get polished,
Competing against Halo ODST and MW2 double whammy would not have been good.

Somneone has looked at the previous release date and went: Nae Danger!

Better news for the punter, and as someone who loved Bioshock, I'm happy about this.

Amir0x said:
Thanks. Badass

Why do I have to wait til 2010 :(
Remember, this is only one of ten. Not sure, though, if all locations will be given wine bottles or something different at each. Hopefully it's the latter.

Masked Man

I said wow
I actually don't mind the delay because now it will release closer to the time that I return from Japan. This way, I won't feel so behind! :lol

Also, that is some brilliant marketing. I wish I lived in one of those areas. =/

BioShock 2 moves out to second half of Q1 2010

bioshock22.jpg

Oh lord, we don’t know what to say.

2k’s confirmed to Joystiq at GC that BioShock 2 has moved to the second half of Q1 2010, which means you can assume this’ll eventually be moved into Q2 2010 eventually.

The dev also confirmed that there will be a new trailer of the game shown at PAX East in Boston next March.

Well, thats one less game to worry about in the clusterfuck of Q1, but possibly another one to worry about for Q2.

shit!! this is what happens when too many teams work on the same game....

Accident

geoffkeighley:
Tune into GTTV on Thursday night for the epic world premiere trailer for BioShock 2 multiplayer! It's a good one.

Top Bottom