• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BioShock Xbox 360 screens

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Doom_Bringer said:
WOAH!

191070256620070418230310.jpg

Lep1front.jpg

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
FFChris said:
Now that you mention it...yes. From the characters.

Yup. Perhaps something about the colour palette too?

But the characters definitely have similar style and posture, and the shot with the Tommy Gun only makes the connection stronger in my mind. Hopefully once we see the game in motion, any associations with Timesplitters can be dismissed. Urgh, ok enough talk about Timesplitters.

MrSardonic said:
anyone else getting a Timesplitters vibe from those screens? I hated those games so my association has slightly tainted my opinion of these screens...but more objectively, the graphics look excellent.

Bioshock looks colorful, inventive, anachronistic and maybe even a little humorous. That's TimeSplitters in a nutshell.

Bildi

GhaleonEB said:
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/191070256620070418230310.jpg

Love the detail in all those pictures and notes on the wall. I can't tell if it's actual geometry or an amazing texturing job, but it looks great.

I hadn't seen those photos on the wall. I love stuff like that! Reminds me of the start of Call of Cthulhu - it's great to be able to look at stuff like that.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Im getting Chronicles of Riddick vibes.
I hope it's longer than Riddick, though. Much longer. If not, I'm renting it...even though this is my most anticipated game of the season thus far.

123214650220070418230310.jpg

...why is Freddy Krueger tossing potatoes and popcorn at you? Anyhow, I like the camera tilting going on in this shot. And the lighting in all of them.

Seriously, this game looks downright outrageous. I love the atmosphere and the whole 50's vibe in the environments. The only thing I'm actually afraid of is the fact that the game might be a little too realistic looking. This is due to me having a slight fear of water and small spaces. That aside, this might well be THE game I bought my 360 for. The August release date is worldwide, right?

FightyF

Banned
I love the texture work, I love the lighting effects and great looking models. I love the architecture...looks fantastic.

But I don't like how dark it looks. I know that it's part of the storyline...but I don't like dark games in general.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
These look great, and the game has always looked good, but I think a little touching up is going on here, especially in the effects and it looks like there might be a couple of filters in play here too.

Ceb

RubberJohnny said:
Beautiful, especially the photos on the wall.

Yeah, until you notice that they've just copy+pasted a few photos over and over. Stuff like this bugs me so much. Same thing happens in Resistance, for example in Northern Command where there's a room with lots of clipboard stuff and diary entries scattered around the room - and they're all copies of each other.

I realize how much extra work it would be to fix this small detail, but I still think it's lazy...

This just looks SO amazing. Those screens are simply killer, some of the best graphics I've ever seen, especially how they're creating this whole otherworldly feeling. LOVE the posters on the wall, how it looks like the each individually move, etc.

I can't wait to get the chance to actually play in that environment, see how much of all that detail you can interact with. This is so my current front runner for game of the year.

Thanks for tightening my thumbscrews and torturing me even more. I think I'm going insane waiting on this title. Day one purchase? What you guys haven't pre-ordered. :p

Damn, I can wait for this game. I'm glad the "Hunting Big Daddy" movie is now up on XBL Marketplace in 720p. Just give me a taste of how awesome this game is going to be on my setup. ;)

Aaron

Ceb said:
Yeah, until you notice that they've just copy+pasted a few photos over and over. Stuff like this bugs me so much. Same thing happens in Resistance, for example in Northern Command where there's a room with lots of clipboard stuff and diary entries scattered around the room - and they're all copies of each other.

I realize how much extra work it would be to fix this small detail, but I still think it's lazy...
It's not about extra work as it is ram limitations. You can only fit so many textures into memory.

Top Bottom