• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (PS4, Miyazaki, From) details from Famitsu's preview and interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. There will be a one hour long press briefing today on Bloodborne at E3.

Really hope either they or the press goes in depth with the the customization questions. Knowing that there's at least some is good, but I definitely want to know if it's at the same level as the previous souls games.

Pricken

So instead of using Souls to buy and level up... you now use
bloodmoney
!?

And I wonder if there'll be any magic in this game? I guess I could see stuff like blood magic, if they want to keep that theme going.

Hope they'll give us more info today!

4lejandro

Will buy, and stash it until a couple of years later (just as I am doing with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls) when I grow the pair to play them through ;)

I'll get to it, I swear!

I like all of what I'm hearing. Relieved to hear that character customization and online are back, so this can't be a huge departure from the Souls series. Wonder what "discover together" means? Will there still be a PVP element? I can think of some positive and negative repercussions if there isn't...

Was there ever any doubt character customization was in? That's like thinking dark souls 2 would only have one armor because they always showed the faraan armor during gameplay.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Was there ever any doubt character customization was in? That's like thinking dark souls 2 would only have one armor because they always showed the faraan armor during gameplay.

The difference here is that in the "leak" video that was shown to us, we saw the exact same weapons as well. THAT's what worried us.

The difference here is that in the "leak" video that was shown to us, we saw the exact same weapons as well. THAT's what worried us.
There was only one leak video though, just separated into webms. They obviously are tooting that armor and weapon as their cover stuff. It was still a jump to conclusion that previous evidence from previous games didn't warrant when it has been done before. I'm o mobile but I'm pretty sure the character in dark souls 2 trailers probably always had a sword. Never did any magic or miracles either.

Shengar

There was only one leak video though, just separated into webms. They obviously are tooting that armor and weapon as their cover stuff. It was still a jump to conclusion that previous evidence from previous games didn't warrant when it has been done before. I'm o mobile but I'm pretty sure the character in dark souls 2 trailers probably always had a sword. Never did any magic or miracles either.

The character customization needs to be addressed because this is a new IP. While is it have many element from and strong resemblance to Souls games, it'll be pretty much possible that the game would feature a fixed (sets) of protagonist. If the game announced as part of the Soul series, character customization wouldn't even need to be mentioned at all because we sure itll be there.

Please tell me that'll be streamed somewhere, please?

Behind Closed Door stuff. Think like exclusive Comic-Con footage that for whatever reason is never allowed to see the light of day.

At best there will be some decent write ups.

I don't get it either with why things are handled in such a way, but it is what it is.

mark1982

Amazing, most anticipated title for me. Character customization, battles feel like life or death, Miyazaki at helm. I'm fuckin in!

MEsoJD

Banned
Fuck, please make it 60fps. If I have to go back from PC to console for the next souls/like game, don't give me less than 60. It's just cruel...

Fuck, please make it 60fps. If I have to go back from PC to console for the next souls/like game, don't give me less than 60. It's just cruel...
Jesus it isn't that big of a deal if they can hit a solid 30 fps. Console dark souls 2 ran like a PowerPoint presentation this shouldn't.

E92 M3

Hopefully Klepek has a write up on Bloodborne; I true he will go into a lot of detail and satisfy our blood lust for info.

Mognet

Oh my god I cant wait...if there was ever a game id freeze myself for itd be this one(and Fallout 4, hurry up Bethesda)

My character will be an homage to Vampire Hunter D! I wonder if there will be any fantastical greatswords and the like in this game? I doubt that fits the era theyre going for though.

Also anyone see how it said long range battle? Rifles maybe??? Lord I need to calm down, the Legendary Big M will definitely deliver.

well moonlight sword will probably make an appearance in the game at some point at least

Shengar

True. Though the gameplay and fog gates to boss battles we saw in the leaked gameplay pretty much told me it was a spiritual cousin to souls games.

I don't know about the past Souls games regarding in-game footage, but we've got different characters being shown from Dark Souls 2. It a coincidence that the character we;ve got from the CG teaser and the leaked footage have similar look. Yes, they're not actually the same except by the weapons. The guys in the teaser and the footage wear different hate from each other we looked it close enough.

seabass0

Based Miyazaki

Even though I was fully convinced Project Beast was a PS4 exclusive, this confirmation just solidifies my decision to buy a PS4.

I just preordered the Destiny bundle (dat white PS4). Can't wait until Spring.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Because it's being developed exclusively on a more powerful device with more memory? By all means it could but by focusing on one device that's more powerful and having sony lend a helping hand it should run smoother than the cluster fuck that was ds2 on consoles.

I fucking love your tag

StuBurns

Banned
I think it's going to be technically competent, Sony will be investing very heavily in this, and will throw a lot of muscle behind making it be what it needs to be to appease the Souls fans on PC.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Yup. There will be a one hour long press briefing today on Bloodborne at E3.

LdMy4Mg.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Fashion Blood confirmed, yessssss.

I don't know why people care for character creation. They'll look like abominations in this game anyways
and thats before you "die" and look even worse.
Look who hasn't been playing Fashion Souls. Tsk tsk. Besides, the hollow look is easily reversed.

Seriously. Then again some people did think that at the time Dark Souls and Dark Souls II came out too. -_-

I expected this game would be more "casual" (easier, less obtuse) because Sony would be afraid of turning off anyone but Miyazaki says Bloodborne is for those "who love hardcore games" and that the game is a "very From soft game." Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom