• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom Wii Games? Bionics, Mega Man, Zack and Wiki 2

kbear

Jiguryo said:
If you don't buy Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you're part of the problem.
I know it's going to be a good game but it's just not enough to warrant a purchase for me. Wii costs $250 and I need more than a few really good games a year to buy one. I might get one in a couple of years once it gets down to like $100-150.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jiguryo said:
No it isn't, it just means you have a great resistance to the biggest fanservice game of all time. Resisting fanservice isn't a problem, just the opposite, it could be a gift in a sense. His problem is the lack of interest for Nintendo and his interest for Sony, for those only needing the killer apps this generation only need a 360 right now, maybe a PS3 when MGS comes out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jj984jj said:
No it isn't, it just means you have a great resistance to the biggest fanservice game of all time. Resisting fanservice isn't a problem, just the opposite, it could be a gift in a sense. His problem is the lack of fanboyism for Nintendo and his fanboyism for Sony, for those only needing the killer apps this generation only need a 360 right now, maybe a PS3 when MGS comes out.

Thanks for shining the light man. Really, I thank you.

Tristam

jj984jj said:
Well it's true. But what kind of gamer only plays killer apps? :p

Nearly every system has its own killer app, generally defined by the hype and acclaim it receives. 360 has Gears of War and Halo 3. Wii has Super Mario Galaxy. PS3 doesn't really have any system-defining title yet (it will next year), but Uncharted and Resistance probably come closest.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Tristam said:
Nearly every system has its own killer app, generally defined by the hype and acclaim it receives. 360 has Gears of War and Halo 3. Wii has Super Mario Galaxy. PS3 doesn't really have any system-defining title yet (it will next year), but Uncharted and Resistance probably come closest.
But one isn't really all that much, which is why I said 360 is all you really need right if you're a casual gamer (not talking about the blue ocean kind that Nintendo's attracting). One killer app like SMG or MGS4 isn't really enough for most people to purchase a new system. Saying things like "Doing without a Wii this gen is like doing without a PS2 last gen..." or "Wii does absolutely nothing for me" won't change that. If you're speaking in a general sense to gamers of any type, right now 360 is the only system to be remotely shocked if people have no interest in owning one at all. But that's just what I think. :p

Tristam

jj984jj said:
But one isn't really all that much, which is why I said 360 is all you really need right if you're a casual gamer (not talking about the blue ocean kind that Nintendo's attracting). One killer app like SMG or MGS4 isn't really enough for most people to purchase a new system. Saying things like "Doing without a Wii this gen is like doing without a PS2 last gen..." or "Wii does absolutely nothing for me" won't change that.

Oh I agree. Unless you're a huge fan of the exclusives Wii or PS3 is offering, 360 is probably the best bet.

kbear

Linkup said:
Just mark the system off your list in that case.
Why? You don't think in a couple of years it'll be like $100-150? Maybe not $100 but $150 seems reasonable. That's two $50 price drops. And remember they could unpack Wii Sports like in Japan.

Fredescu

Bluemercury said:
Why?My snes still play street fighter games
Your SNES had shoulder buttons. A good motion control fighting game is possible, but SF4 is SF4. Get it on 360.

Vagabundo said:
Doing without a Wii this gen is like doing without a PS2 last gen...
No, doing without a 360 is like doing without a PS2, in the west anyway. The Wii is a different kind of beast, and I can understand why it might not be to everyones taste.

Jiguryo said:
What? People usually say that about games that aren't going to sell much. Brawl will sell much. There is no problem to be a part of.

What a sad world we live in when Metroid Prime 3 isn't considered a killer app yet Halo 3 is.

EDIT: Heck, even Twilight Princess that everyone seems to forget about. :|

Tristam

Conrad Link said:
What a sad world we live in when Metroid Prime 3 isn't considered a killer app yet Halo 3 is.

EDIT: Heck, even Twilight Princess that everyone seems to forget about. :|

The definition for "killer app" varies considerably from speaker to speaker. My own definition -- which probably best suits the term -- for "killer app" is restrictive; it doesn't simply mean "big" or even "flagship" titles. Suffice to say, exclusivity is a prerequisite for killer app status, so Twilight Princess is disqualified.

Linkup

kbear said:
Why? You don't think in a couple of years it'll be like $100-150? Maybe not $100 but $150 seems reasonable. That's two $50 price drops. And remember they could unpack Wii Sports like in Japan.

It's price will probably drop slower than the PS2. Unless sales are cut in half sometime soon they have no reason to drop the price. Time really isn't the factor, but rather how long the system can sell 400-500k a month. If it does drop in price it will probably be in $25-$30 or maybe a large $50 mid 09.

maxmars

Tristam said:
The definition for "killer app" varies considerably from speaker to speaker.

The only right meaning for the term is an application/game that, alone, determines the purchase of a system.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
maxmars said:
The only right meaning for the term is an application/game that, alone, determines the purchase of a system.

Such as Wii Sports, SMG, Halo 3 if you are talking consoles

Tristam

maxmars said:

Heh, so again, the definition varies considerably from speaker to speaker. Someone might buy a Wii alone for Super Mario Galaxy. Someone might buy a Wii alone for Fire Emblem. Someone might...see where this is going? Thus, you have to form more restrictive guidelines for a more objective definition of the term.

ZeoVGM

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
That doesn't sound like an original Mega Man title.

Sounds like the title of a MMBN title. >=(

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope it's an MMBN title.

Because the last time that ended up on a console, we got Network Transmission, and it was awesome.

Icarus said:
What retailer gets to know things before every other retailer or media person in the world?
Knowing != saying. I'm sure there have been several instances where retailers have revealed products that the media has known about, but couldn't say anything about.

Not saying that these products are real, though. I'll wait for something official or at least more concrete.

Some people could live with spending money on several consoles, but I want to have as few consoles as necessary (DS, PS2, Wii).

EDIT: Also, remember that Phoenix Wright 3 was first revealed in a retailer release list.

scottnak

A Link to the Snitch said:
Some people could live with spending money on several consoles, but I want to have as few consoles as necessary (DS, PS2, Wii).

Yup... I agree...

And as for Z&W 2... do want so much...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
sphinx said:
I think it really is time for Wii owners to pick a g------ HD console of their choice and buy one.
this generaton is PS3/WII or 360/WII, its the way it's going to be. Why haven't you people realize that, is beyond me.
with time, it gets annoying when nintendo fans ask for a Wii redention of anything announced. Sometimes it's not going to happen. For such cases, you guys have to have a HD console!
o.k?
ethelred said:
Poor people are the source of 75% of the whining and sobbing that plagues video game message boards. People need to go get a f------ job . . . I'm merely expressing my viewpoint that games made for the PS3 or 360 should stay on the PS3 or 360 and developers should stop downporting/gimping/waggle-mangling every game they make for a Wii release when it's not appropriate. People usually ask for this because they don't have the money to get one of the machines these games are designed for.

Sheesh, you guys sound bitter. Everyone wants games for their system of choice. What's wrong with that? Pointlessly derailing threads is wrong, but I never got the anger directed at folks who desired a game on a platform other than the one it was on. In some cases it's a fairly silly desire, but what's the harm? If this generation continues to progress in the way it has been and enough systems are out there for purchase, there's a good chance everyone will be able to play their own incarnations of the major third party titles...well, possibly not PS3 owners, but everyone else.

wazoo

DavidDayton said:
Sheesh, you guys sound bitter. Everyone wants games for their system of choice. What's wrong with that? Pointlessly derailing threads is wrong, but I never got the anger directed at folks who desired a game on a platform other than the one it was on. In some cases it's a fairly silly desire, but what's the harm? If this generation continues to progress in the way it has been and enough systems are out there for purchase, there's a good chance everyone will be able to play their own incarnations of the major third party titles...well, possibly not PS3 owners, but everyone else.

you seemed pretty logical until the last words.

RJT

ethelred said:
Not at all. I'm merely expressing my viewpoint that games made for the PS3 or 360 should stay on the PS3 or 360 and developers should stop downporting/gimping/waggle-mangling every game they make for a Wii release when it's not appropriate.
I can understand that for some titles. It doesn't make sense for a Wii owner to ask for Crysis, but a SF4 port with worse gfx is completely viable, as the game is all about gameplay (without waggle, of course). Then you have titles like RE5 which would benefit greatly from Wii controls, which I would rather get than great graphics.

ethelred said:
People usually ask for this because they don't have the money to get one of the machines these games are designed for.
I play only a few games a year, so a Wii and a semi-old PC is good enough for me. This year I bought SSX Blur, RE4 Wii, Metroid Prime 3 and Orange box, and finished none of them. it took me months to complete Twilight Princess, and I've been replaying Baldur's Gate 2 for months now.
Why would I need to buy another console just for one or two games? I'm not poor, but I'm also not rich.

ethelred said:
Nowhere, which is exactly where it belongs.
Evilmonkey.gif

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
wazoo said:
you seemed pretty logical until the last words.

Eh, I thought the last line was the most logical of them all, based on current software and hardware sales.

No_Style

RJT said:
I can understand that for some titles. It doesn't make sense for a Wii owner to ask for Crysis, but a SF4 port with worse gfx is completely viable, as the game is all about gameplay (without waggle, of course). Then you have titles like RE5 which would benefit greatly from Wii controls, which I would rather get than great graphics.

The game isn't coming to the Wii unless the game is coming bundled with one of these:

classic_wii_controller.jpg

No, GC controller is not a viable option.

I guess it could also happen if Capcom believes Wii owners are so casual then can live with SF4 with just 1 punch and 1 kick button. A NDS or a PSP version of SF4 is more likely?

I didn't notice any Okami Wii on that list. Previously confirmed release or still TBC?

maxmars

Tristam said:
Heh, so again, the definition varies considerably from speaker to speaker. Someone might buy a Wii alone for Super Mario Galaxy. Someone might buy a Wii alone for Fire Emblem. Someone might...see where this is going? Thus, you have to form more restrictive guidelines for a more objective definition of the term.

Actually no, I don't see why you'd need to narrow down the definition.. A killer app for me to buy a platform may be an hardcore sim, for you something else, what's the problem?

Top Bottom