• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only cash back via statement credit. Can't turn it into ultimate rewards.

Edit whoops forgot you can use it towards Amazon purchases like a gift card essentially.
You can actually use the rewards to get cash deposited into your bank account. It used to be easier to find, but the option is there still.

Syrus

Banned
I got the card but under points section it doesnt show me enrolled in a points account and none of the cards to add are amazon

Also , do you earn rewards for buying an xbox gift card? Wanting to buy xbox mone through here and get 5% back and then buy a game on xbox and get the live rewards too

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wait; if I go to 7-11 and buy a gift card, I get points for those?

You get points for anything, but the as far as the bonus points - Yes, since 7-11 is classified as a gas station.

This is what people who have cards with like x% cash back at grocery stores do. They'll buy gift cards at the grocery store for other places so in effect giving them a discount there too.

PSNTheNAC

Neo Member
You get points for anything, but the as far as the bonus points - Yes, since 7-11 is classified as a gas station.

This is what people who have cards with like x% cash back at grocery stores do. They'll buy gift cards at the grocery store for other places so in effect giving them a discount there too.

Do they consider Sheetz, Rutters, Wawa as gas stations?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I've never even heard of those names. :)
If they're primarily gas stations with a convenience store attached, it's probably labeled a gas station. You can check your statement for confirmation.

Cels

they might? the best way to check is to actually spend money at these places and see how they code on your billing statement

buy a pack of gum or some smokes or something cheap and wait a day or two for it to show up on your online statement

there are much better cards for buying gift cards though, amex bcp is a popular one, 6% cb at grocery stores, which works on gift cards.

Syrus

Banned
I always thought things that were considered cash equivalents like gift cards were not available for point rewards.

Do gift cards count towards points? I put an xbox code in my cart and my card said 5%.

If gift cards dont count does an xbox digital code for a game count?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Does PSN money codes count towards 5%?

I have recently bought a few with my amazon visa. Not sure how to check if I got points for it though.

EDIT: found it on the website. 99.95 points for a $20 PSN card ($19.99 purchase price). That's $1 in points so yes, the 5% works on digital PSN cards.

Salaadin

I can't verify Rutters or Wawa as I hardly go there but Sheetz definitely counts as a gas station and you'll get 2% back.

They do pretty good tracking it. I have one near me that shows up as "Can Do Convenience" on the statement but they still give me the 2%. Id assume that bigger names like Wawa and Rutters would have no problem.

Syrus

Banned
I have recently bought a few with my amazon visa. Not sure how to check if I got points for it though.

EDIT: found it on the website. 99.95 points for a $20 PSN card ($19.99 purchase price). That's $1 in points so yes, the 5% works on digital PSN cards.

Ooooo...

So you can buy 60$ Xbox Live credit , get 5% back then buy game on Xbox and get 2% from xbox rewards.

Meta saving yo.

If only i can pay credit card bills with credit cards

I've had this card for the last year and appreciate the bump to 5% for Prime members

The only downside to this card is the lack of price protection.

PSNTheNAC

Neo Member
I can't verify Rutters or Wawa as I hardly go there but Sheetz definitely counts as a gas station and you'll get 2% back.

They do pretty good tracking it. I have one near me that shows up as "Can Do Convenience" on the statement but they still give me the 2%. Id assume that bigger names like Wawa and Rutters would have no problem.

Sheetz MTO food would could as well then right?

Currently using a Discover It card that I pay off every month. 1% cash back, 5% on rotating categories, no annual fee... This Chase card seems like a much better deal. Make the switch?

I have both cards and I love both of them. I'm still waiting for my new card though.

edit: I just got the new discover it card since mine wasn't chipped and damn this is a nice card. I hope the Chase cards feels as nice as the new IT card. Theres something nice about the feel of a premium credit card.

Syrus

Banned
card hasn't shipped yet but its added to my points

how long til I get an email it shipped? kinda hard to do much without the full card numbers

mm04

Still debating on this card. Got my Sapphire Reserve a few months ago and finally got my latest FICO and it only dropped 5 points from that new account. Not bad.

Spacebar

I just got my card in the mail. It doesn't have a number to call and activate. Is it already set up and ready to go?

Edit: Ordered something online and new card worked.

NeOak

Still debating on this card. Got my Sapphire Reserve a few months ago and finally got my latest FICO and it only dropped 5 points from that new account. Not bad.
If you buy stuff at Amazon regularly, yes. You can apply the points as statement credit, so it is technically 5% cash back at Amazon.

Here's a weird thing:

- I've had the original card for years and years.
- got the new Prime card a week ago.
- activated it yesterday through sangreal's link.
- starting yesterday seeing transactions that weren't mine in the local area.
- called Chase to cancel today.

I'm guessing that they got the card number from the envelope with the card in the mail and kept trying it until activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom