• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokkun

So what happens if your prime runs out while you have the card?

Most likely you will just get reverted to the 3% bonus offer that has always been available to non-Prime members using the Chase card. If you are worried about that, I would suggest using the Amazon Store Card instead, which offers 5% back without any Prime requirements.

Personally I have 5% on both the Chase card and the Store card now, but I will continue using the Store card for all my Amazon purchases.

The Llama

So what happens if your prime runs out while you have the card?

Most likely you will just get reverted to the 3% bonus offer that has always been available to non-Prime members using the Chase card. If you are worried about that, I would suggest using the Amazon Store Card instead, which offers 5% back without any Prime requirements.

Personally I have 5% on both the Chase card and the Store card now, but I will continue using the Store card for all my Amazon purchases.
Yeah the 'fine print' confirms that if you ever cancel Prime you revert to 3%.

I've been using the Chase Amazon Visa as my primary credit card for a while, so I'm happy with this.

El Jaffe

Happy I got on this, used the $70 on the Nintendo Switch, and since it was a Prime product I'll be getting 5% back on it when it ships.

BigMack

I have the regular Chase Amazon.com Rewards Visa Signature card.

Is this the card that people are seeing upgraded? It still shows 3% on Amazon purchases on the Amazon checkout screen and in my latest cc statement.

Do I talk to Amazon or Chase cs about this?

icespide

Banned

Is this the card that people are seeing upgraded? It still shows 3% on Amazon purchases on the Amazon checkout screen and in my latest cc statement.

go to your account, and manage payment methods, see if there's an upgrade (not sure exact wording) button for your card

I just got an email about it yesterday I think, so maybe it doesn't immediately happen to everyone at once. (?)

BigMack

I just got an email about it yesterday I think, so maybe it doesn't immediately happen to everyone at once. (?)

It didnt upgrade me automatically like I guess it did for some people.

Try the method listed above by icespide. It let me upgrade to 5% that way.

I've been a Prime user since 2011. I applied and got approve. I plan on using this card for my typical Amazon purchases and to buy digital giftcards for other stores.

I'm going to Sephora tomorrow to pick up some skincare stuff. Time to use the free 70 gift card to buy a Sephora gift card and then I also get to have Sephora points when I make my purchase in store.

El Jaffe

No, you get 5% because you're a Prime member ... not because it's a prime product.
I'm confused, so because I'm a Prime Member I get 5% on all Amazon products?

Edit: okay yes that is the case, cool that makes it an even better deal since it expands its use.

The Game

Going to apply for this, I only use prime for few months a year when I do most shopping on amazon, do I have to use prime all year long for 5% cash back or it will change depending on my prime status?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Has anyone received the new card yet?

I noticed my Apple Pay card automatically switched to the new design a few days ago.

muteki

Has anyone received the new card yet?

I noticed my Apple Pay card automatically switched to the new design a few days ago.

No new card yet, approved little over a week ago. Immediately after approval though it showed up in my payment options on Amazon and I could use it for Yakuza and some other stuff.

Edit: Card came in the mail yesterday.

R0ckman

Signing up for this wont start flooding my mail box with other credit solicitations will it? I recently opted out of that stuff.

Oscar

Gonna try applying for one.
I need a credit card to start boosting my credit score
Probably not the best approval odds if it's your first card.

Chase allegedly likes for applicants to have atleast 1 year of payment history with a different card/line.

I suggest Capital One's QuickSilver. I had a dog shit score a few years back and they took a chance with me.

X-Frame

I currently have and use my Visa Chase Freedom Signature Card for almost everything, and whenever I get my Cash Back I use it for Amazon gift cards anyway.

Would I be downgrading by switching to this card?

To say nothing of the benefits, the physical card showed up the other day and it is simply cool looking. Thick, metal, no numbers on the front. Boss.

TheJLC

So... i mostly use debit on amazon... but I do buy stuff almost everyday on there. How beneficial would this card be to me?

LOLCats

Banned
Hm. I have the regular card and I'm a prime member...doesn't seem to have automatically upgraded me.

you should be able to go to card details and then click something like "find out how to get 5%" then you can upgrade from the 3%.

I read that bit on SlickDeals. I signed up for the card a week or so ago.

I previously was on the fence with the 1%/3% and had not signed up, but the 3%/5% cashback is too good to pass up so i signed up.

Sounds like the Sapphire cards
Cool. Considering jumping on that bandwagon soon as I'm going to start doing a good deal of traveling.

Though I did also notice a negative today... It blocks NFC. Used to be able to get into the various security doors around my office by tapping my wallet, now I have to do a lot of shuffling to hit the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom