• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Clinton postmortem of campaign includes criticism of Sanders policy promises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do. I ran into them all the time during the campaign. I had to deal with the bullshit spoken by idiots I know talking about "the lesser of two evils" and how if they didn't vote for her and voted third party or trump that the democrats would understand their grievances and pull to the left. Which is insane because if anything the democrars are feeling like they have to lean more right to get voters they lost rather than left because people thought protest votes would get the message through, but all that got through was Donald fucking Trump.

They certainly didnt exist before the Media and the propoganda outlets willed them into existence.

I mean we have another great example of this ( dumb ass humans walking around parroting the "where Obama was during 9/11 / Katrina bullshit online via bots)

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but if you keep it up I'm going to seriously start questioning your motives here.

I mean, you already implied I was a Russian shill for not thinking exactly the way you do about Hillary and Bernie, but don't let that stop you.

I already stopped taking you seriously long ago. You're just amusing in your rambling ad hominem now.

kamspy

Yeah they don't die in the street, they die in their home or in the hospital after being admitted once it's too late. Just because it's not in your face doesn't mean it isn't there. What a dumb thing to say.

I don't understand your hypothetical. It seems like the person in your post didn't know they had a condition until it was too late?

Shauni

They certainly didnt exist before the Media and the propoganda outlets willed them into existence.

I mean we have another great example of this ( dumb ass humans walking around parroting the "where Obama was during 9/11 / Katrina bullshit online via bots)

The level of complete nonsense is off the charts. You have to be trolling.

I mean, you already implied I was a Russian shill for not thinking exactly the way you do about Hillary and Bernie, but don't let that stop you.

If I implied anything its the fact that you happen to not realize your actions here are playing exactly into the hands of the Kremlin.

Never did I insinuate that Bill Maher works for Putin.

Which part of that was confusing for you?

My hate is not misplaced. The far left is a cancer

Please tell me more about where Vegan ISIS hurt you

aeolist

Banned
The most liberal presidential platform ever = "we're not republicans" to Berniecrats.

I hate the far left

please read the post i was replying to there.

also her platform was only as far left as it was because the sanders campaign used every scrap of leverage they had to drag her kicking and screaming in that direction. it was obvious from day 1 that she didn't believe in any of it.

slit

I don't understand your hypothetical. It seems like the person in your post didn't know they had a condition until it was too late?

They did not get the initial help they needed because they didn't have any insurance even though they knew something was wrong. They let it go. They show up once they cannot ignore it anymore and then they die.

Nipo

I don't carry insurance now. I plan on buying it if I get horribly sick thanks to the preexisting conditions loop hole!

?

Yea that is rational. As long as you don't have a house or big savings account it makes sense. i mean your first 24 hours in the hospital will likely be 100k+ for anything major but if all you have is a few thousands in a savings account you might be better without insurance.

massoluk

Banned
Let it die.

She fucked up by not campaigning enough in the Midwest. The DNC fucked up by doubling down on establishment messaging during a populist wave. And the Middle Class fucked up by buying into the rhetoric of a snake oil salesman...
again
The Midwest didn't matter, she lose Pennsylvania. She could won the Midwest but still lose. She spent shit ton of her time in Pennsylvania. She lost Pennsylvania by less than 50k.

If I implied anything its the fact that you happen to not realize your actions here are playing exactly into the hands of the Kremlin.

I understand the point you're making. I disagree with it. The fact that you are continuing along with this argument in spite of that means that I have, in your mind, graduated from "useful idiot" to "kremlin agent". That's kind of how implications work.

The level of complete nonsense is off the charts. You have to be trolling.

I am not. We were there, we saw the phenomena bubble right over from the on line circles to real life.

GAF in 2016 spent a LARGE amount of time minimizing and discounting the support from Minorities who were apart of Bernie's base. ( AKA younger people) acting like Killer MIke was a bloody coon. It was disingenuous at best and self defeating at worse. And now we have Trump. so instead of trying to blame one another, which is what Russia would love, how about we actually get people into office OK?

It was bullshit from the start and now here we are.

Sanders couldve gone even harder against her during the primaries than he did. And did Bernie ever hit Hillary with an attack as underhanded as Clinton's attempt to link him to Sandy Hook via his vote on firearms control? Because that was disgusting.
Anyway, "boo hoo", it wasnt Bernie's fault you picked a HORRIBLE running mate and failed to fire up voters in the rust belt.

I would post a nice study about racial animus being the largest motivator in anti federal spending sentiment, but I'm positive it would be a waste on you. It was posted anyway so it seems my assumption may be correct already

what is this condescending bullshit? this tone is precisely why nobody actually likes your side.

give me your study dude, just post it, show me how it relates to my point because i'm clearly such a dipshit that i don't understand anything

and fyi i am a poc

I understand the point you're making. I disagree with it. The fact that you are continuing along with this argument in spite of that means that I have, in your mind, graduated from "useful idiot" to "kremlin agent". That's kind of how implications work.

No man, its not.

It's called reading into shit ,

Every time I have to respond to some ridiculous remark you make, our fellow readers here have to follow you down the rabbit hole.

The more ridiculous it gets, the more it begs the question what you're motives are.

I dont believe anyone is that silly that they care more about trying to out-argue someone than being right lol.

Let it die.

She fucked up by not campaigning enough in the Midwest. The DNC fucked up by doubling down on establishment messaging during a populist wave. And the Middle Class fucked up by buying into the rhetoric of a snake oil salesman...
again

Even people on the damn left keep defaulting the middle/working class to white folks but at the same time try to make it encapsulate everyone. Seen it so many times in this thread I'm about ready to vomit.

Matt

Yes....it's called a campaign. If Hillary (or anyone, for that matter) was under the impression that her opponent wouldn't say damaging things about her then....yikes. (or maybe she actually believed that she deserved to win)

But my point still stands: Hillary came into this election as damaged goods. Like throwing a rock through the window of a broke down, abandoned home.

The rock didn't make you look bad.
The problem wasn't that Bernie and Bernie supporters said negative things about Hillary. That's normal. It's that these attacks were against the basic functions of the Democratic Party.

The number of people yelling about "the DNC" is disgraceful, and Bernie did nothing to fight against the notion that the game was rigged against him. That's the problem, he hurt the whole party with his act.

kamspy

They did not get the initial help they needed because they didn't have any insurance even though they knew something was wrong. They let it go. They show up once they cannot ignore it anymore and then they die.

From someone who's been there, it's really hard to economically thread the needle between "don't qualify for state insurance because of income" and "don't make enough to afford private insurance"

Y3xco1J.png

I'm so over Boo Hoo Hillary's predictable blame game. The country is stuck with all talk politicians and an orange dumbass who leads like a playground sandbox bully because dems are more interested in pointing fingers than pressing forward. I can't even delight in the salt because I have to worry whether Toddler Dump will announce tweet a plan to double college tuition to pay for his wall - because who knows what's gonna happen (or not happen) with this ass backwards administration.

The leaders of this country are embarrassing.

Valhelm

contribute something
This is a really huge issue. Even people on the damn left default the middle/working class to white folks.

This is why leading Democrats need to recognize that class and social justice are intimately connected and that wealthy suburban white people are never going to vote for them.

No man, its not.

It's called reading into shit ,

Every time I have to respond to some ridiculous remark you make, our fellow readers here have to follow you down the rabbit hole.

The more ridiculous it gets, the more it begs the question what you're motives are.

I dont believe anyone is that silly that they care more about trying to out-argue someone than being right lol.

The fact that someone disagrees with you does not mean that they are acting on behalf of the Kremlin or acting in ways that benefit them.

Calm the fuck down, take a few steps back, and ask yourself who is appearing more ridiculous in this conversation right now.

The problem wasn't that Bernie and Bernie supporters said negative things about Hillary. That's normal. It's that these attacks were against the basic functions of the Democratic Party.

The number of people yelling about "the DNC" is disgraceful, and Bernie did nothing to fight against the notion that the game was rigged against him. That's the problem, he hurt the whole party with his act.

Maybe the DNC should have thought about that before they had someone as deplorable ad DWS lead them down a road of talking shit about Jewish people

please read the post i was replying to there.

also her platform was only as far left as it was because the sanders campaign used every scrap of leverage they had to drag her kicking and screaming in that direction. it was obvious from day 1 that she didn't believe in any of it.

Before the first debate, people thought Benie and Hillary would have a lot to fight over because everything she said previously indicated she would be for things like private prisons, Keystone Pipeline, and TPP. She changed all of that, right before the debate. Sanders running was instrumental for moving the party so far left like it did.

That's not even remotely the same thing. 12 percent of the Bernie voters voted for Trump. That's a bit different than some ass clown asking where Obama was during Katrina.

aeolist

Banned
This is why leading Democrats need to recognize that class and social justice are intimately connected and that wealthy suburban white people are never going to vote for them.

nah intersectionality includes every axis of power and oppression except economic class

for reasons

Shauni

I am not. We were there, we saw the phenomena bubble right over from the on line circles to real life.

GAF in 2016 spent a LARGE amount of time minimizing and discounting the support from Minorities who were apart of Bernie's base. ( AKA younger people) acting like Killer MIke was a bloody coon. It was disingenuous at best and self defeating at worse. And now we have Trump. so instead of trying to blame one another, which is what Russia would love, how about we actually get people into office OK?

It was bullshit from the start and now here we are.

If you truly think Bernie Bros didn't exist there's little point in engaging further. That's delusional on such a scale it's baffling

pargonta

Y3xco1J.png

I'm so over Boo Hoo Hillary's predictable blame game. The country is stuck with all talk politicians and an orange dumbass who leads like a playground sandbox bully because dems are more interested in pointing fingers than pressing forward. I can't even delight in the salt because I have to worry whether Toddler Dump will announce tweet a plan to double college tuition - because who knows what's gonna happen (or not happen) with this ass backwards administration.

why be so upset, though? she lost because of all the reasons listed in that card as well as her own defencies, all of which I'm sure she attests to in her book. no reason to be upset

Plumbob

Y3xco1J.png

I'm so over Boo Hoo Hillary's predictable blame game. The country is stuck with all talk politicians and an orange dumbass who leads like a playground sandbox bully because dems are more interested in pointing fingers than pressing forward. I can't even delight in the salt because I have to worry whether Toddler Dump will announce tweet a plan to double college tuition - because who knows what's gonna happen (or not happen) with this ass backwards administration.

"Politics is a game until I have something personally at stake"

slit

From someone who's been there, it's really hard to economically thread the needle between "don't qualify for state insurance because of income" and "don't make enough to afford private insurance"

How about the one who didn't qualify for Medicaid and because of a pre-existing condition couldn't afford the outrageous premiums or were flat out denied by the insurance company for coverage?

Man, those passages are brutal. Killary going all in.

Y3xco1J.png

Posting shit like this is part of the problem, not the solution.

kirblar

They did get libertarian-types to vote for them. The problem is that they lost voters on the opposite (social conservate/economic liberal) axes (apparently it's a 1:2 ratio) and the trade didn't pay off.

I mean, no one really likes taxes (real or effective) but you can't really operate a decent social-democracy without at least having them on those who can afford to pay, man.

And "who can pay for them" is a difficult concept to nail down. If even places like MS are seeing $1000 a month for things like single bedroom apartments, 50k doesn't stretch very far.

Actually I kinda think your use of "the DNC" points to the use of that particular buggyman in arguments. At least that's what motivated my post.

But ok, it was just a typo. Your argument was still poor, because the Democratic Party is clearly the major party doing the most for and fighting for minorities in this nation.

Is it enough? Fuck no, it probably never could be.

I like using DNC as an initialism for the Democrats over Dems.

If the Democrats aren't doing enough, in your own words, for minorities, then they're not the minority party. Like I said, we deserve more than lip service. Telling me to shut up and vote for them anyway (or else I'm racist ((lol)) ) isn't going to convince me.

Shauni

What in the world are you talking about?

At this point I think he's just gone so far off the rails I doubt he knows. He thinks Bernie Bros was literally willed into existence by the power of love or some shit. He's aeolist level of bullshit at this point lol.

Matt

And "who can pay for them" is a difficult concept to nail down. If even places like MS are seeing $1000 a month for things like single bedroom apartments, 50k doesn't stretch very far.

I like using DNC as an initialism for the Democrats over Dems.

If the Democrats aren't doing enough, in your own words, for minorities, then they're not the minority party. Like I said, we deserve more than lip service. Telling me to shut up and vote for them anyway (or else I'm racist ((lol)) ) isn't going to convince me.
I think this is a case of perfect being the enemy of good.

kamspy

At this point I think he's just gone so far off the rails I doubt he knows. He thinks Bernie Bros was literally willed into existence by the power of love or some shit. He's aeolist level of bullshit at this point lol.

As a gamer it should be clear to everyone here that as a country we've entered BOSS RUSH MODE.

The Reds, The Nazis and The Confederate army all in one year? I can only assume the Japanese or British are going to be next. Stay tuned.

MIMIC

Banned

Are you kidding me? People in the DNC were talking garbage about Sanders and cheating for Hillary. And then you ask why Bernie didn't fight the narrative that it was rigged against him?

Really?

Matt

Are you kidding me? People in the DNC were talking garbage about Sanders and cheating for Hillary. And then you ask why Bernie didn't fight the narrative that it was rigged against him?

Really?
The DNC was not cheating. Prove me wrong.

why be so upset, though? she lost because of all the reasons listed in that card as well as her own defencies, all of which I'm sure she attests to in her book. no reason to be upset
Most of the people who demand that Clinton personally own 100% the blame of her loss are the same people who will dole out ready-made excuses for why Sanders lost the primaries (superdelegates! The establishment! DNC!) that other successful populist candidates had no problem overcoming.

Look, we can acknowledge that Clinton had shortcomings as a candidate (lack of charisma, scandals, poor campaign strategy) while also acknowledging that fundamentally she was up against a candidate who promised the world to his voters (in both the primary and general) and a media who played double standards. Ignoring external factors that doomed her candidacy is only going to doom the next Democratic nominee as well because we never gamed out how to deal with it. Bernie's 60% approval rating is looking hot for now until you realize Hillary was that popular before she ran too.

Shauni

Most of the people who demand that Clinton personally own 100% the blame of her loss are the same people who will dole out ready-made excuses for why Sanders lost the primaries (superdelegates! The establishment! DNC!) that other successful populist candidates had no problem overcoming.

Look, we can acknowledge that Clinton had shortcomings as a candidate (lack of charisma, scandals, poor campaign strategy) while also acknowledging that fundamentally she was up against a candidate who promised the world to his voters (in both the primary and general) and a media who played double standards. Ignoring external factors that doomed her candidacy is only going to doom the next Democratic nominee as well because we never gamed out how to deal with it. Bernie's 60% approval rating is looking hot for now until you realize Hillary was that popular before she ran too.

Exactly. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom