• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 launches on January 2017 (JP) - New Trailer

Considering that this releases in less than 4 months, I expect a trailer with all the VAs before the end of the year. I wonder who are they going to be, as Danganronpa seiyuus are usually high profile. Maybe Ogata will return to voice Kiibo (I can't believe they actually named him like that).

Will the japenese release have english subs?

Typically, they don't.

CtfwNkgVUAETo7y.png:large

Official Spike Chunsoft Twitter has posted a picture of the LE.

Main Website has been updated with character portraits on the top page, and a page detailing the LE.

Seeing the calendar reminded me that they consider Chisa to be the protagonist of DR3: Despair.

AniHawk

Maybe there could be a chance. Now Spike Chunsoft have a separate presence in west, they could make the near-simultaneous release a reality, like XSEED is doing right now with Fate/Extella.

well as for western danganronpa stuff, there is probably going to be an announcement soon. i don't think spike chunsoft has the kind of presence in the west you might think they have though - they had to rely on aksys for exist archive and nisa for grand kingdom. even their game they published themselves for psn had to have the physical version made by limited run games.

RedHill

Banned
I'd kill for just a time window of when we'll get a localization. I'd hate to have to go on a complete Danganronpa blackout for a year to avoid spoilers

AniHawk

I'd kill for just a time window of when we'll get a localization. I'd hate to have to go on a complete Danganronpa blackout for a year to avoid spoilers

there are three timeframes for a localization, as per the history of nisa/spike chunsoft titles:

1. february (danganronpa 1)
2. september (danganronpa 2/danganronpa another episode)
3. june (grand kingdom)

june would be a dream scenario. february would be super comfortable, and september is probably a sweet spot.

ffvorax

After the Anime ending I can't wait for more Danganronpa, but I'm ok with the wait considering how many games are coming out in these months...

I love the new setting idea!

Jonnax

Will the japenese release have english subs?

The way that localisation is normally done with niche titles is that the game's translation is contracted out to another publisher or third party company to start the translation and dubbing.

It almost never completes in time for the ship date for the Japan release.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not convinced by the artstyle of the backgrounds, especially in dialogues it seems to clash with the colorful characters

v3
New-Danganronpa-V3_2016_09-29-16_001.jpg

New-Danganronpa-V3_2016_09-29-16_002.jpg

New-Danganronpa-V3_2016_09-29-16_005.jpg

vs 1&2
2422653-2013-11-04-163138.jpg

2015-02-01-233405.jpg

very often when a series gets an hardware upgrade there's a loss of the original artstyle for a more realistic/common look :mad:

They're definitely placeholders. That image was first seen in a Famitsu article from way back in December but it's really difficult to make out Asahina and Kirigiri in the scan.

Squire

Banned
No one's posted it in this thread and it seems to be the most active V3 one, so:

Box art.

It's probably nothing, but I tweeted this with some emojis and Karen Strassman liked/retweeted it. The tweet is here.

She's followed me for years now, but we never interact. This is entirely out of the ordinary. Just looking at Wikipedia, she hasn't been in any of the DR animes or games thus far.

FluxWaveZ

It's probably nothing, but I tweeted this with some emojis and Karen Strassman liked/retweeted it. The tweet is here.

She's followed me for years now, but we never interact. This is entirely out of the ordinary. Just looking at Wikipedia, she hasn't been in any of the DR animes or games thus far.

So oblique, it might as well be a confirmation.

Or she just likes the look of it.

Squire

Banned
So oblique, it might as well be a confirmation.

Or she just likes the look of it.

That could always be it, but then she never retweets anything like this. In general all she really tweets about is her work and quotes she likes and stuff.

Yeah, who knows. I figured it was worth noting.

FluxWaveZ

Famitsu magazine preview.

Voice cast:
・石田晴香  ・井上喜久子 ・大塚明夫  ・柿原徹也
・神田沙也加 ・木村良平  ・小松未可子 ・坂本真綾
・下野 紘  ・鈴木みのり ・鈴村健一  ・武内駿輔
・田中あいみ ・TARAKO  ・徳井青空  ・林原めぐみ
・緑川 光  ・山寺宏一  ・山寺宏一  ・山寺宏一
・山寺宏一  ・山寺宏一
Only ones associated with their characters thus far are Sayaka Kanda for Kaede Akamatsu and TARAKO for Monokuma. Koichi Yamadera's name is listed 5 times for some reason; probably the Monokuma kid things.

Megumi Ogata's name isn't one of them.

Sadly not really as much info in Famitsu as I'd expected this week? They go over the school rules and main gameplay which is pretty much the same as usual. I think the only new rule is "if there are two people left remaining, the game ends", which I don't remember from previous games. The Monokumas each have their own mechs which they use to punish any students who break the rules. Each student has their own lab themed around their Ultimate Talent as well. And the last new thing they mention is that during class trials, more than one person can now speak at once. More info promised for next week.

Famitsu hasn't confirmed which voice belongs to which character, so I guess we can have fun playing "match the VA to the character". And I'm not sure if we're gonna be, like, due for a new thread anytime in the near future or anything? I've just been tacking any new info onto here.

Is that different from the previously confirmed Scrum Discussions?

Not sure. Have we seen a screenshot of that? The screen they have here just shows Himiko, Angie, and Tenko all denying being the culprit at once. Format-wise, it doesn't look like it's part of Nonstop Debate.

FluxWaveZ

Not sure. Have we seen a screenshot of that? The screen they have here just shows Himiko, Angie, and Tenko all denying being the culprit at once. Format-wise, it doesn't look like it's part of Nonstop Debate.

That sounds like the previously announced "Panic Debate" mechanic, which previously had no revealed information for it other than the name.

We have our voice cast now.

Akamatsu Kaede - Sayaka Kanda
Amami Rantarou - Hikaru Midorikawa
Iruma Miu - Haruka Ishida
Ouma Kokichi - Hiro Shimono
Keebo - Tetsuya Kakihara
Gokuhara Gonta - Shunsuke Takeuchi
Saihara Shuuichi - Megumi Hayashibara
Shirogane Tsumugi - Mikako Komatsu
Shinguuji Korekiyo - Kenichi Suzumura
Chabashira Tenko - Sora Tokui
Toujou Kirumi - Kikuko Inoue
Harukawa Maki - Maaya Sakamoto
Hoshi Ryouma - Akio Ōtsuka
Momota Kaito - Ryōhei Kimura
Yumeno Himiko - Aimi Tanaka
Yonaga Anjii - Minori Suzuki
Monokuma - TARAKO
Monokumars - Kōichi Yamadera (All five of them)

I love that little dude is voiced by Snake.

Lusankya

The Ultimate Detective is voiced by a woman, I wonder if that means anything.
It's probably nothing considering that it's not unusual in animes.

Gemeanie

The VA list this time is so right up my alley... except for Monokuma's.

I understand it couldn't be helped, but I really miss old Monokuma's voice.

mrmickfran

Little detective guy has Big Boss' voice

LMFAO

Something I like about the game so far is that it looks a lot more, dynamic I should say? Like you can tell it was made for a new gen and not ported over like DR1 & 2.

Almost like a leap from Apollo Justice to Dual Destinies, but not quite as grand.

Lusankya

I only now realized that the Ultimate Inventor's iris is not round but instead octagonal to resemble something like a gear/cog.

The game isn't even released so how do you think could anybody post spoilers?
The image of the ultimate astronaut is from the trailer btw.

I thought that the image description Flux put up was perhaps from the website. Really worried about spoilers when it comes to DR, the Astronaut dude better be innocent, he's been made to seem way too suspicious

Sorry if that bothered anyone

edit:

just watched the trailer and voices are top notch (SHSL Tennis dude fucking got me lmao)
Not digging the "SORE WA CHIGAU YO" cut-in very much, but I feel that it'll look far better in the game.
Godlike HUD.
Really like that music sample at the end.

Lusankya

I thought that the image description Flux put up was perhaps from the website. Really worried about spoilers when it comes to DR, the Astronaut dude better be innocent, he's been made to seem way too suspicious

We're talking about the guys who include all 16 characters in the trial they show in the trailer just so they don't spoil their own game for us.
The official website is also not going to spoil the game they're promoting.

The face of the astronaut doesn't mean anything, the same as Souda's similar face didn't mean anything.

You shouldn't worry about the Japanese promotion material to spoil us.

We're talking about the guys who include all 16 characters in the trial they show in the trailer just so they don't spoil their own game for us.
The official website is also not going to spoil the game they're promoting.

The face of the astronaut doesn't mean anything, the same as Souda's similar face didn't mean anything.

You shouldn't worry about the Japanese promotion material to spoil us.

makes sense. thanks!

Speaking of not spoiling the game, there's no doubt Spike Chunsoft is going to try to mislead as much as possible as not to spoil anything, but I wonder if that extends to even recording false lines with the voice actors.

They must know people are going to pour over every single second of these trailers.

FluxWaveZ

Really hoping that the gameplay has experienced significant improvements. There are some neat concepts they're bringing up like lying or Scrum/Panic Discussions, but it'll all fall apart if they're represented through terrible mechanics. Already winced a bit when I saw the Rebuttal sword mechanic seemingly returning in that trailer.

Music in the trailer was good. Sounds, appropriately, like Class Trial background music.

Speaking of not spoiling the game, there's no doubt Spike Chunsoft is going to try to mislead as much as possible as not to spoil anything, but I wonder if that extends to even recording false lines with the voice actors.

Wouldn't put it past them after the playable DR1 demo had art, writing, and voice acting nowhere to be found in the full game.

The game looks great, and the voices seem good from the little snippet I heard. I have to admit that hearing the tennis guy with such a deep voice was amusing, and I hope he doesn't continue the weird, perverted archetype from DR1 and DR2 for that carácter design.

The months leading to a localization announcement and its release will be hell, considering the history of the franchise concerning spoilers.

Really hoping that the gameplay has experienced significant improvements. There are some neat concepts they're bringing up like lying or Scrum/Panic Discussions, but it'll all fall apart if they're represented through terrible mechanics. Already winced a bit when I saw the Rebuttal sword mechanic seemingly returning in that trailer.

Music in the trailer was good. Sounds, appropriately, like Class Trial background music.

I just hope we don't have to suffer through a NEW, IMPROVED Hangman's Gambit.

Top Bottom