• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New discounts on euro PSN starting today

IbukiLordSA

Damn finally been waiting for Toukiden Kiwami to drop, it's just too expensive in the local store, at 50% off it makes it much more manageable, will def pick it up.

Matush

How much fun is The Jackbox Party Pack for non english speaking countries? Are there any games that can play people, who are not that good in english, or the questions are being translated to them?

Nesther

How much fun is The Jackbox Party Pack for non english speaking countries? Are there any games that can play people, who are not that good in english, or the questions are being translated to them?

Try the demo. I did not enjoy it at all.

TVexperto

Why Battlefield 4 Premium only for PS3? I bought Battlefield 4 on sale but Id like to buy premium but not for 50 - 60 euros

Planet

Are there any games that can play people, who are not that good in english, or the questions are being translated to them?
Nothing is translated, without good english it won't be much fun. Hurts every time I see it, my english would suffice, but I'd have no peer. Might buy it anyway, because it is so good. *sniff*

Demo is at least available in US store, so if you can't find it in yours, go finally make one of these accounts. :)

Zemm

PES16 already with a major discount means the game must have bombed. Deservedly so with the way konami have treated that game this year.

Oreiller

Axiom Verge and N++ are so worth it at this price. Too bad I own them both already...
Btw, is Natural Doctrine worth it?

Hmm... Do I grab Alient Isolation now, or wait for a game of the year edition with all DLC?

49,99 quid is too expensive, just get preowned for around 15 quid + season pass 19,99, or the end wait?

i think US PSN has same collection for 39,99$.

writeandwrong

Neo Member
The PS4 deals that look good to me right now are Jackbox Party Pack, Hand Of Fate and Gat Out Of Hell. I'll need to wait to see what the Australian prices are though.

Yep, Jackbox for $19 is an instant buy. Wouldn't want to pay more than ten bucks for Gat Out Of Hell so I'll give that one a miss. Hand of Fate for $10.58 is very tempting, but given the proximity of Fallout 4 and the potential for it to come on PS+ in the coming months I'm a little hesitant to take the plunge.

chadskin

Could you elaborate on why? Or link me to a review?

It's great mix of games like The Walking Dead from Telltale or Heavy Rain, with one distinct difference that it has in common with L.A. Noire:
Its most brilliant innovation, though, is the chance to fail. Each case is a hunt for clues to populate your “deduction space”, a literally cerebral device where information snippets get associated with neurons in Sherlock’s brain, which you can mess around with to make connections. Once enough deductions are made, conclusions become available which allow you to close the case, finger a suspect, and decide their fate.
http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/sherlock_holmes_crimes_punishments_review.html

Polygon and GameInformer have really positive reviews and there's a GAF discussion thread as well with some more impressions.

If you like the idea of investigating a crime scene, interviewing witnesses and persons of interest and ultimately nailing a suspect to the wall with the evidence you've collected, this is probably among the best you can find right now. My only real gripe was that it was pretty uneven technically, plenty of performance and IQ issues that ultimately didn't take away from the experience for me, though. I bought it at €30 and didn't regret it, at €9 it's a no-brainer, provided you remotely like mysteries and adventures. :)

If you have PS3 Sherlock Holmes was "free" with PS+ few months ago, maybe try if before buying for PS4? But then again 7 quid it's not much. Great price.

GeeTeeCee

I might finally pick up AC: Rogue, now that I'm reasonably certain a PS4 version isn't on the way.

I'll add yet another recommendation for Sherlock Holmes, some of the cases are genuinely fun to work your way through.

People should look into Hand of Fate, too.

writeandwrong

Neo Member
I have a recommendation/warning to anyone considering picking up Saints Row IV Re-Elected. That game is a bunch of outrageous, over-the-top nonsense that is ridiculously fun to play. It is also BUGGY AS HELL. I still very much enjoyed my time with it despite that, but it's something you should definitely consider before you buy it.

Bishop89

it looks like only the vita phantom breaker is on sale.

What are the differences between the ps4 and vita versions?
is there crossbuy?

L.O.R.D

damn it , everytime i see EU sales i smash my head because i chose my NA account as the main account on Vita

AorUlfheoinn

Neo Member
I purchased Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition.
I think is a good price for the complete edition.

mitch1971

I purchased Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition.
I think is a good price for the complete edition.

Why , when the game of the year edition is reduced to a great price, those that have the standard edition still get burned if they just need the DLC; the season pass is still 20 quid. Why can't they reduce the season pass on par with the other reductions for the game? grrrr.

Gazkapop

Why Battlefield 4 Premium only for PS3? I bought Battlefield 4 on sale but Id like to buy premium but not for 50 - 60 euros

I'm positive that if you buy the PS3 version of premium it applies to PS4 as well. Could've swore that's what I did a while back and ended up getting it for about £12 or something.

eso76

Dragon's Crown PSVita for 7€ is tempting.
I don't think it fits an 8GB Vita memcard though, does it ?

Heck yeah, a good sale this fortnight!
Have grabbed Phantom Breaker, WipEout 2048 and the Bionic Commando Rearmed bundle 🙌

Dommel

So far Nobunaga's Ambition & Akiba's Trip are downloading, Hand of Fate would combo break the japanese games buying but for only €7 and the glowing recommendations in this thread I can't pass it up.

Gazkapop

Is Sherlock Holmes worth picking up? Not exactly a risk at £7.49 but my backlog is big enough as it is. Easy platinum at least from the looks of things.

Will probably grab Saints Row as well. Not sure whether to go for the version that includes the Gat out of Hell stuff though.

Will probably grab Saints Row as well. Not sure whether to go for the version that includes the Gat out of Hell stuff though.

Be warned: The PS4 port of Saints Row 4 is utter garbage. It's by far the ugliest game on PS4 (anti aliasing is literally turned off, textures are from last gen with trilinear texture filtering) and fails to maintain a stable frame rate anyway.

Dommel

Be warned: The PS4 port of Saints Row 4 is utter garbage. It's by far the ugliest game on PS4 (anti aliasing is literally turned off, textures are from last gen with trilinear texture filtering) and fails to maintain a stable frame rate anyway.

I agree, still mad about buying that piece of crap full price when it came out.

DO NOT BUY!

Knuf

Is OlliOlli showing as "FREE" for anyone else?
I bought back when it released, but I don't see other discounted games I bought (OlliOlli2 for instance) tagged as such.

It's been re-released as a bundle for the PS3/PS4/Vita. It's free if you already bought it on the Vita ages back.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Is OlliOlli showing as "FREE" for anyone else?
I bought back when it released, but I don't see other discounted games I bought (OlliOlli2 for instance) tagged as such.
It's been re-released as a bundle for the PS3/PS4/Vita. It's free if you already bought it on the Vita ages back.
Alright guys. I definitely don't need any more JRPGs, Vita or otherwise. Especially with the amount that I've previously purchased.

But assuming that I do, what would you all recommend? Lunar, obviously.

notaskwid

So I never played any of the Atelier games and one of them is finally cheap enough for me to consider a buy (rorona+), would that be a good place to 'start'? How does it compare to Ayesha Plus, the other one discounted?

Top Bottom