• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DmC: Devil May Cry gameplay [Dante Redesigned Again]

Korigama

Looks...like a Ninja Theory game. Not much to say beyond that. Voice sounds different from the "My name is Dante..." from the original trailer.

jediyoshi

SalsaShark said:
looks as emo as always, only this time he's fighting cyborg wolverines

There's nothing more emotional than that. He's pretty much the front man for Sunny Day Real Estate at this point.

Salsa

dmc_by_teben_the_every-d2yteh9.jpg

Koralsky

Persona7 said:
What if bayo 2 is being developed by sega in house?

Doubtful if we are talking about direct sequel to the original game.

Also, I used to like Enslaved and to some degree even Heavenly Sword.

But this changes that Capcom made in DmC is like if next time they try SFIV with fatalities, realistic characters and the block movement with the push of a button...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ew at the framerate.

I dig the look of the environments so far, atleast...

Takao said:
Is this like a Super Saiyan mode that lasts 5 minutes?

Imagine if DBZ was the original DB(It might, I don't remember). Then it'd be like Goku being a permanent Super Saiyan in DBZ, and then the prequel Dragonball. Then somehow being normal in the prequel to Dragonball. I guess.

Galdelico

Aside from his non-Danteness (and that terrible air juggle at the beginning of the video), combat animation seems great.

Riposte

Galdelico said:
Aside from his non-Danteness (and that terrible air juggle at the beginning of the video), combat animation seems great.

I don't like the way he shoots his guns, especially aftering launching someone.

Xater

Nirolak said:
I think the new Dante looks fine.

I mean, he looks absolutely nothing like Dante, but at least he doesn't look like a corpse now.

That I can agree with. It still looks slow and the framerate was inconsistent even in this trailer.

Holy shit, that was awesome. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks. Ninja Theory's game are damn pretty, I like the over saturation theme they have going on.

Khal_B

I may play this if it comes out on PC. I don't think I'll be able to tolerate that horrendous frame-rate on consoles.

Tameem Antoniades showing the world how much he loves himself again...

2csaree.jpg

e306_26.jpg

I *AM* Dante he thinks to himself. Can't stand the guy.

Korigama

Riposte said:
I don't like the way he shoots his guns, especially aftering launching someone.

His arms are held too far apart during Rain Storm (upside down spinning shot attack) as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
combat looks so boring. Like a desperate attempt to get all the "classic" moves in to appease fans, but as a result is just tired looking (especially when not at 60fps) and boring.

Not only do many environments seem just like DMC4 again, but they are way too open as well. DMC games were quite cramped so you had to switch it up and make those rooms your playground. In this you're just fighting in the open like a football stadium.

V_Ben

Banned
Xater said:
That I can agree with. It still looks slow and the framerate was inconsistent even in this trailer.
Don't worry, if anybody can make a game with a solid frame rate, it's Ninja Th.... Oh, right. Yikes.

Dante's face looks like the "generic bald space marine" face now. But you know what? It's not the fucking meth-head so I'll call it progress.

V_Arnold

Monty Mole said:

//img1//

//img2//

You might wanna stop this, in the last threads, people were banned for this bullshit.

That chain thing he used to grab that mech was cool, hopefully it works like Nero's demon arm. I loved that in dmc4 and it was the reason why I preferment nero over Dante.

V_Arnold said:
You might wanna stop this, in the last threads, people were banned for this bullshit.
I didn't realise people had already picked up on it, so for that I apologise if I have repeated what others have already said, but I won't be deleting my post. It was just my first thought, not sure how it is "bullshit". Just an opinion (and in a thread showing a character redesign so not out of place).

V_Arnold

Xater said:
Seriously, why? What makes you think this looks better than anything in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k

Jeez the DMC3 combat system and speed was godlike. This looks like crap.

Just a heads up: I liked DMC3, but seeing this video after a current gen 720p DmC trailer does your link no justice, to be honest :p

Monty Mole said:
I didn't realise people had already picked up on it, so for that I apologise if I have repeated what others have already said, but I won't be deleting my post. It was just my first thought, not sure how it is "bullshit".

Well, it is quite obvious that they did not design it after him, Capcom was the one who approved the design that they went with. And with the redesigns, for every single "ah, his face is slightly changed" phase, someone can link a Taneem picture where his hair is slightly like it. Hairstyles are not unique to every single individuals, and if I were him, I would cut my hair to look like Dante just to start some awesome conspiracy theories like yours :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BlazingDarkness said:
Looks pretty nice
My complaint is that all of the environments look quite sparse
To be fair to them, usually filling in environments is the last thing that happens, since your memory budget is pretty tight and you don't know how much you can put until near the end.

This is especially prevalent with new IPs or reboots, since they can't base their assumptions on the performance of the previous game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Monty Mole said:

2csaree.jpg

e306_26.jpg

this narcissistic art director shit needs to stop
29bjyht.jpg

Nirolak said:
To be fair to them, usually filling in environments is the last thing that happens, since your memory budget is pretty tight and you don't know how much you can put until near the end.

This is especially prevalent with new IPs or reboots, since they can't base their assumptions on the performance of the previous game.
Ah I see, thanks

Dahbomb

There really is nothing new to see here to be honest.

Everything seen in this trailer was shown in the E3 one. Multi-weapon combat, bad framerate leading to choppy everything and sprinkles of "classic" DMC moves to appease the fans (this time it's Rainstorm). Dante is slightly meatier and there are less camera tricks to obscure the combat this time around.

It's still a mess, way early with obscenely low framerates. I don't know why they even bothered showing this trailer, probably to assure people that they haven't cancelled this by now. Some of the new environments look decent.

Another problem that remains is that the combat is without any context. Without any context you can't tell what the hell is going on. We need a button configuration and a moves list, this is just random flashes of "cool" combat that no one knows anything about.

And are those pics real? OMFG some of those are really good especially the angels one. Badass! (dare I say it)

glaurung

I had the art myself, but I did not care to upload it.

The first piece looks like a Meat Loaf album cover, the rest look ass.

Plus, there already is a thread for all of this.

Top Bottom