• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Well at least it will be new animation. Its probably going to look worse than one piece and be off model 90% of the time because they won't take breaks isn't it.
That really depends on how the series is planned for, but I wouldn't expect much.
Did not expect this.

The question is........can it be better than GT?
They would have to try for it not to be.
Holy shit DBKai hasn't finished yet?!

Kai only has a few episodes left.

Hurley

Legit excited, although I do fear for the animation quality. I know DBZ had it's fair share of sub par animation in episodes back in the day ( last house?) but modern day Toei worries me.

Lynd7

It's so unrealistic how there can be more enemies out there stronger than Buu.

I know its the only way for them to be relevant and not just get one shotted like "Oh lets see, your around the power level the androids were, I'll just backhand you into the sun" but still come on.

Well BoG's threw out the multiverse thing, so I am expecting this to utilise that thread somehow.

-MB-

Gohan will be gimped and one shotted again anyway, so the show can only be bad imho.
Unless they just have Goku visit one of the dimensions and get a whole new cast of sidecharacters involved.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It makes sense when you consider:
- A bunch of new DBZ manga adding to the story
- Kai returning despite the reason it never went past Cell in the first place
- The plot and success of the movies

GT wasn't written by Toriyama and had a lot of plot issues. It doesn't fit in with the newer stuff either.

DIdn't they also want to make a new TV series a few years ago but we got Kai instead?

VariantX

I know its the only way for them to be relevant and not just get one shotted like "Oh lets see, your around the power level the androids were, I'll just backhand you into the sun" but still come on.

Makes more sense than gluing two #17's together and suddenly making something more powerful than majin buu though.

It's coming out sooner than I would've expected. How'd they keep this under wraps so long?
My god, the disappointment potential is so huge. Please be good! Please don't play it safe, make something good!

Kusagari

After BoG not really. That basically opened up the floodgates for a plethora of stronger enemies.

Sandfox

Well they already established the concept of gods so its not too far fetched that there are stronger guys out there.
Yeah, you're probably right. Well let's hope the art quality will be more consistent than DBZ, dunno what the quality in DBGT was like since I haven't seen it.

Current Toei will probably disappoint you.

andymcc

Banned
DIdn't they also want to make a new TV series a few years ago but we got Kai instead?

Yep, because Toriyama didn't want to work on character designs or script new scenarios.

Looks like he's probably doing both now lol

I guess Revival of F and Battle of the Gods were lucrative endeavors for him.

javac

And people thought Dragon Ball AF was a pipe dream! First blue hair, now this.

Seriously tho, its obvious that the great reception to the recent films has contributed to this, and with games like Xenoverse doing really well, I'm glad DBZ is back and everyone is receptive of it.

trixx

Yay more power levels.

Dragon ball>z its pretty much fact. I hope if possible they can somehow make it like dragon ball

PreFire

Legit excited, although I do fear for the animation quality. I know DBZ had it's fair share of sub par animation in episodes back in the day ( last house?) but modern day Toei worries me.

Yeah but those were mainly for filler episodes. All the good (important/canon/manga) episodes had clean artwork IMO

About goddamn time! You would have thought this was going to happen back during the huge north american resurgence of the series.

Ashodin

Fuck yeah

Bring me more Dragon ball!

Give me another sequel to legacy of goku as well and we're fucking golden sparking!!!!

andymcc

Banned
DBZ ended but Berserk has not!

Y'all will never catch me crying for another Berserk episode any time in the official thread. :>

Well let's look at it this way...

In the last three years, toriyama has helped conceptualize the plot and design the characters for two feature-length films. He's outlined the plot for this series and will probably provide lots of designs as well.

It's probably more work than Miura has done for his currently-running series.

Arent they still on the goddamn boat

WHY THE FUCK NOT

It's not like DBZ ended with Cell Saga like it should have, so why the fuck not. Literally no reason this shouldn't exist at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom