• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub direct feed, RUF. (facebook)

Ploid 3.0

When that light bounce off of the dash and is shown in the windshield it kinda makes me think it's all real for a split second. Night will be interesting, GT5 looked great at night, I had some scary races when the ring turns to pitch dark online.

oh not hurricanes, I just thought driving through a windy version of this track would be awesome. Leaves blowing through the track, trees swaying like crazy etc. The envrionments look beautiful at the moment, but they also look a bit static.

Like NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 on last gen consoles? That would be good.

jett ran across this

If this is actually audio pulled from the game, then it's going to have the best audio in a racing game. It sounds so good and not overblown like a lot of racing games do to achieve car sounds.

Holy. Can we get confirmation of this? The sounds are phenomenal.

oh not hurricanes, I just thought driving through a windy version of this track would be awesome. Leaves blowing through the track, trees swaying like crazy etc. The envrionments look beautiful at the moment, but they also look a bit static.

That would be pretty cool especially if the wind had a small effect on the physics of the car, like when you are driving on the highway and huge just of wind can push your car a round a little bit.

BigDug13

Repost!

Sense of speed is pretty awesome in this!

imib7LMihwajJ.gif

iHyV99odNiW0m.gif

These can't be real. People here were telling me that 30fps is an unplayable slideshow and this doesn't look like a slideshow.

/s

So when you crash your car at 200 mph, does the driver go flying out the windshield? That would be really awesome since this game has a lot of emphasis on first person racing!

sunnz

Looks stunning, can't wait to play it.

Love trailers were it's just the in game audio and it's even better for vehicle style videos. Hearing the engine and the cars is a hell of a lot better to me.

GodofWine

Hmm ok. For some reason I remember them saying something like that at feb event.

it sure sounded like they were thinking of doing that..and i assume they planned on it, but even though its the best view, leaving out chase cam from a game meant to be accesible to casual racing gamers would probably get more grief than needed.

15fps is pretty smooth looking.

LCfiner

talking about first person camera views, I really like that dash view. see more of the road, but still get that feeling of being behind the windshield. it should be a good view if you happen to own a wheel. no point in seeing two wheels in front of you - the real thing and a digital version.

I’ve never seen other racers use that view before. seems like it could be pretty good.

jett ran across this

If this is actually audio pulled from the game, then it's going to have the best audio in a racing game. It sounds so good and not overblown like a lot of racing games do to achieve car sounds.

Dat 16 mic setup.

Why was the DrivClub website nuked? It redirects to the Playstation website, we need more videos, screens, dev diaries, in-depth looks at game modes, locations, cars, tech behind the game, etc.

If anyone at Sony is reading this thread, please stop uploading videos to Facebook. Their re-compression is absolute garbage and feeding them direct feed footage pretty much destroys the entire point.

Top Bottom