• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub gets a new "Hardcore" mode in February

CupONoodos

Neo Member
God damn did anyone really think this game wasn't hard before? I mean after awhile when you master a track it wasn't as bad as you can outrun the AI, but getting to that point was pretty rough! Will definitely give this a try though Driveclub has been my go to game when I don't want to think and just play music and focus. The support on this game has been some of the best I've ever seen for a game and it just keeps getting better and better! Give me that 2nd Season Pass already Evolution!

Rymuth

Rushy...you people are so damn good.

I actually bought Driveclub. I'm not that good at it but after jumping a few times in the PS+ version, I knew these people deserve my money.

M52B28

Banned
Well... It will be interesting to see what their physics model is like without all of those assists.
This has been something I have always questioned.

Now if only they gave us clutch..

Don't expect Gran Turismo or Forza physics, though.

And we still have course maker and the rally expansion coming this year.

Evos is going after everybody - DC be a car, bike, rally sim / arcade game rolled into one - love it

My Gimx G27 is ready

dance2s3a4l.gif

The offline game still needs some loving though, customizable championships, ai, etc.

ps3ud0

Really hope they have the challenge modes with hardcore options - the only place where leaderboards would be obviously useful.

Im gonna suck so bad - but now might be the time to consider a wheel for DC, didnt think the current game lends itself well to a wheel previously

ps3ud0 8)

Atlas157

I suck at Driveclub so I might turn on Hardcore mode and practice so I can get better. I still haven't finished the game.

SteelAlchemist 8)

Certinty

Finally! I've waited so long for something like this.

AI, times etc. aren't being made harder in tour though? That's disappointing.

LukasF

Very intrigued, haven't played DC in ages but it's some of the most fun I've ever had with a racer. I personally preferred its leniency over GT's handling, but it'll be interesting to see how close the hardcore mode comes to it.

Somewhat related, what wheels are folks using with DC? Anything decent in the < $200 range?

I'm calling it now, Driveclub VR will release same day as PlayStation VR (perhaps even in the bundle) and be the most fully featured VR game for the device. They're putting so much work into this, it has to be getting a big relaunch, one that it rightly deserves.

Finally! I've waited so long for something like this.

AI, times etc. aren't being made harder in tour though? That's disappointing.

Yeah, it would be nice to have challenging AI in the tour mode but at this point I don't think it'll ever happen.

The AI there seems very fixed, from what I've heard Easy mode doesn't actually affect the AI but the requirements for three star-ing an event. No idea if it's true or not.

Ding-Ding

I really cannot think off a game which has ticked off so many things I had down on my wish list for updates post release.

They really do feel like they are listening to its customers. Great job guys, superb

Bgamer90

Banned
Was disappointed in the game when I played it months back (even though it looks great) since the handling/gameplay felt off to me.

Definitely interested in this update.

Jamesways

Well... It will be interesting to see what their physics model is like without all of those assists.

Can't wait to run the same road cars back to back in pCARS...

DC might even feel better with a pad, man the road cars in pCARS are overly twitchy/just feel off

If the braking distance stays the same and they keep this "skid recovery" approach, the "no assists" stuff won't change my opinion about DC, but it really wouldn't be hard to make a mode that would change my opinion on this game.

Either way, I will at least try it and assemble my T500RS for it. And kudos to Evolution Studios for caring so much about their game and its supporters.

5taquitos

If the braking distance stays the same and they keep this "skid recovery" approach, the "no assists" stuff won't change my opinion about DC, but it really wouldn't be hard to make a mode that would change my opinion on this game.

Either way, I will at least try it and assemble my T500RS for it. And kudos to Evolution Studios for caring so much about their game and its supporters.

Rushy specifically said in the OT that brake distance is definitely affected, as is how straight you have to be when braking.

viveks86

Guys, this is actually a cunning plan by Shu. We are all going to have to buy extra controllers to beat the venom hot laps. Those analog sticks will turn to mush

danowat

Banned
Colour me intrigued.

Genuinely interested to see how the physics engine stands up without that layer of weird dynamic assists.

Could be really good for those that like a bit more sim in their driving games.

PreFire

Finally, DC is way too easy.

Is this a joke post?

it's the complete opposite for me and every single friend of mine who played it. All the tricks I know from every other racing game don't work with DC. It's a beauty but super frustrating for me. Stupid penalties and handling I can't get used to.

Maybe in hardcore mode it will be easier for me. I turn off all assists in Forza Horizon 2, but I do find myself rewinding a lot. Maybe I just suck

Really want to reinstall, so I'm looking forward to more gameplay vids.

JP

Interesting.

Although, them saying "Traction control, stability control & other assists off" could have a million different results depending on their particular method of working out physics. Could well be "good", but I'm just going to leave it at "interesting" until I've tried it.

All the tricks I know from every other racing game don't work with DC. It's a beauty but super frustrating for me. Stupid penalties and handling I can't get used to.

When did you play it? A lot has been patched since release, most notably the penalties are way, way more relaxed than they were at launch.

I'm definitely interested in this, although its probably going to kick my ass.

Will check it out. Really didn't like the physics of the original so turning it a little more on the sim-side may change my mind about the game.

Same... If they would just support the Logitech wheels, my Fanatec would work in emulator mode. So frustrating having a nice wheel setup collecting dust.

It's really frustrating having 3 different wheel setups and none of them work on PS4 ...

Interesting. Right now I just barely scraped by VHL. Target is 1:16.xxx and the fastest guys are at 1:12.xxx.

So Hardcore... I guess is really elite-only

Rushy specifically said in the OT that brake distance is definitely affected, as is how straight you have to be when braking.

That's fantastic news for me, thanks.
If they're not just making it more "hardcore" but also more "sim", Polyphony really has to look out that Evolution doesn't eat their lunch, especially if you just want a sim'ish racing game with modern graphics and the newest cars and have to choose between a $40 GT Sport and a $15 Driveclub with season pass.

Top Bottom